Domain Empire

.us How non-USA citizen can buy legal .us domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Greetings,

I am not us citizen and I don't have any company in usa. Well,, I own game company, but the company is registered only in Finland.

I already own some .us domains. Now I would like to buy more and protect current .us domains.

What would be the best way to buy .us domain in legal way? Does any domain registrant provide .us citizen contact just like .de domain registrants do?

-FoL

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you don't live in America, the only legal way you can register .US domains is to establish a "significant" business presence inside the US. I'm not sure how they define significant or what that would mean for you; someone else here may be able to answer.

ripley.

•••
One way would be to set up a US corporation which would hold the domains.
There is a difference between .us & .de re presence requirements. .de is open to anyone, you just need a local admin contact and many registrars will provide one. For .us it's the registrant that must satisfy nexus requirements (being a US national/resident, local company etc).

•••
How expensive it is to set up a US corporation? I have company in Finland so perhaps I could register it also in US?

-FoL

•••
I would be interested also to have some more info regarding this topic. Any experts who can assist/shed some light?

Thanks
-DJ

•••
You can set up a legitimate US LLC or corporation for anywhere from $100 to $500. I'm not endorsing this service, but here is a sample list of costs depending on the state of incorporation.

http://www.bizfilings.com/products/statefees.asp

Generally Delaware and Nevada are the top choice as states that are most favorable for low or no corporate income taxes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back