IT.COM

How much you made for your first flipping?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am not yet got success sell a domain. How about you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My first one was a .DE I handregged and sold about 3 weeks later for 460 Euros on Sedo. My fastest flip was when I backordered a brandable listed in DMOZ and Yahoo and had a guy contact me about it one week later. Sold that one for $500.

•••
Don't you think that sale should have been put in the Guinness Book Of Rcords? Seriously.

Although, I myself turned 11.00 GBP into 15,400.00 GBP (in one day) many years ago but it wasn't in domaining.

At the very first flip, $20 to $23,700 within a month was a miracle, and that sale made me to think about my career in a different way. Since then I've been a full time domain consultant :)

•••
My first flip was a short phrase domain. I received an email, that was classified as spam, but before I got to see the email, I also received a voicemail from the same person indicating that he needed the domain ASAP for a project. I called him back and he provided more details. I stated that I did not have a price at the moment, but that I was going to email him with a price and justification for the price. I priced the domain at $1900 and he paid the same day via Escrow without even asking me to lower it.

In retrospect, I think I should have priced it higher, but that was my first domain deal and I was glad to get a huge profit for a domain I had won at a Godaddy auction only one month before.

Last edited:
•••
At the very first flip, $20 to $23,700 within a month was a miracle, and that sale made me to think about my career in a different way. Since then I've been a full time domain consultant :)

You should be in the Guinness Book Of Rcords again for having a job as a domain consultant because it's hard enough to find enough people to understand what domains are! How do you go about finding your clients?

•••
first was for 300$ from an expired domain i was the only bidder

•••
I made like $300, I don't do a lot of flipping though. This was a brandable domain name that the owner ended up making into an authority website.

•••
You should be in the Guinness Book Of Rcords again for having a job as a domain consultant because it's hard enough to find enough people to understand what domains are! How do you go about finding your clients?

This is important part.
I hope somebody can share it

I don't think he sell through flippa

•••
My first flip was hand reg. 2 word .com to Netherland end user for 2,500 USD. She contacted me and not reverse.

•••
I got lucky and sold a new reg for $5000 on Sedo. Have not looked back since then.

•••
$888~ was my first flip.

Hand registered (InsertStateHere)Printing.com and sent a few emails. Had an offer within 24 hours for $900

Hand registered for $12

•••
My first flip was for $1,500 in September 2012. It was a hand regg'd domain that I built a small blog on and ranked #1 in Google for its keyword.

•••
First flip was for $150 on a hand reg domain

•••
$500 (-15% sedo commission) for a hand reg .net (cost $8.95).
sold to the .com owner.

•••
$2

was a hang reg

No regrets :laugh:

•••
The first name I sold was a $30 buy selling for $200 in June 2002.

I then sold the same name again in May 2009, buying for $13.35 and selling for $785 !

Maybe I had learnt something in the seven years in between!

•••
Bought a site for $19 and sold it for $40. It was dead-weight to me and the domain was coming up for renewal. Glad I sold it. I wasn't sure if it was worth renewing. I did make many enhancements to the site and spent many hours making it look nice and posting unique content. The previous content was using auto-posting techniques, so I quickly replaced that content with new content I had typed up myself. Managed to get a few of the internal links to PR1/2 and it sold!

•••
My first one was the reason I got into domaining in the first place, I hand regged PrivateSocial.com for a personal project back in June 2007 but a month later someone emailed me and asked how much then I found out about Sedo to sell it through and got $325. I've been hooked ever since. :)

•••
My first domain sale was $500 hand reg from October last year.

I have never shared it here.

It was Property For Sale In Michigan dot com.

I tried flipping long tail keywords thereafter with no luck.

•••
A 3 letter .cc for mid xx but I was happy lol

•••
Very good
But the important question is How can you reach out to end user ?

Last edited:
•••
•••
$100 on a hand reg NNNN.org. Grossed $50 after commissions. :)

•••
:talk:

first domain i bought to resell (2002), probably made about $20 profit

then reg fee was $6 bucks and some change

that margin of profit was incredible!

•••
First sale was not really a flip, I built a site, and was adding to it, but someone approached me wanting the domain for a different purpose. They owned the .tv and wanted the .com . $2.5K. Last year my largest sale was $15K for a domain I had held for 5 years, after purchasing for $990. It was a quality 'product' domain. This year, though, my sales are dead. -shrugs- patience is a key aspect of domaining.

•••
My very first was a 3 word domain I picked up on a $60 Snap order, turned around and sold it for $3000 on Afternic.. I remember it well because it burned having to pay the commission, and soon after Ron Jackson at DNJ critiqued the sale as being too much.... Needless to say, it was the last time I used Afternic and the last time I allowed a sale to be advertised.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back