Domain Empire

question How much you lost by investing in Chips Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
Many of us invested in Chips domains such as: 5L.com, 4L.org, 4L.info, 3L.biz, 3L.co, 6N.com, NNLL.com ..... etc.
So with No shame, How much you lost in that investment?, and how many domains you will drop?
About myself $9k-$10k., and 400 domains
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sad for all those unwanted dogs @Kate.

•••
you are far to early with your resumes
the hype started in 9/2015
and still we see much higher prices in 4L.com chips
then only 1 year ago

it took the king
17 years or so
to make $8,888,888 USD out of 150 k

Show attachment 40547

You understand that those Chinese charts are not reality? or not?

•••

no really I don't understand that please explain

•••
Last edited:
•••
first you can not get those prices, if you sell. You understand?

1) not true

whats second?

by the way its not about prices but about the trend

•••
the king:

They see someone sell a domain for big bucks or even a modest amount and they start registering all kinds of domain names that they think are similar, but in fact have no relationship or even value whatsoever.

That is how bubbles develop.

The Chinese market is just like any other market. The vastness and how quickly it developed was a gift from the heavens. What happens in the future? We will see. It is far from dead and it may be a Pigeon Shit Bubble. The dollars are real regardless and with 4x as many folks as the USA, that may mean 4X as many fools as well as opportunity.

When I look down a road and consider a business opportunity, my time horizon is 3 years to start. Where is it in 3 years ? Right path ? Wrong path ? What success should look like after that time. The trajectory for the next 3 years after that. By the 5 year mark it almost always reveals itself in whole and maybe in the hole.

Believe me, nobody got it 100% right. We all come up with assumptions and conclusions. Time is the true validator.

•••
•••

what is wrong with those charts?
you did not answer that

•••
•••
•••
I'm just glad I'm not reading about people losing their homes during this craze; I mean, it could be far worse.

Investors such as Branden Pollock and Shane Cultra, who are able to gamble large sums of money, are out six figures and low-five respectfully from jumping the gun and investing in Chip .WS domains[1][2].

Could you imagine if some had put a mortgage on their homes to blindly follow that hype? Wowza.

[1] Pollock, Branden. "Why I Invested Six Figures in .WS Domain Names | DomainInvesting.com." DomainInvesting.com. N.p., 2016. Web. 05 Oct. 2016.
[2] Cultra, Shane. ".WS - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread." NamePros. N.p., 27 Feb. 2016. Web. 05 Oct. 2016.

•••
I have 3 .ws domains
and I keep them as I am stubborn

but I would not reg them

•••
I'm just glad I'm not reading about people losing their homes during this craze; I mean, it could be far worse.

Investors such as Branden Pollock and Shane Cultra, who are able to gamble large sums of money, are out six figures and low-five respectfully from jumping the gun and investing in Chip .WS domains[1][2].

Could you imagine if some had put a mortgage on their homes to blindly follow that hype? Wowza.

[1] Pollock, Branden. "Why I Invested Six Figures in .WS Domain Names | DomainInvesting.com." DomainInvesting.com. N.p., 2016. Web. 05 Oct. 2016.
[2] Cultra, Shane. ".WS - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread." NamePros. N.p., 27 Feb. 2016. Web. 05 Oct. 2016.

I am sure that some people bet everything they had and lost it all. We just don't hear about it. Chinese sites were giving out loans with domains as a collateral and offered buying on margin. It's bad enough if you buy such volatile investments but buying with borrowed money is financial suicide IMO.

It was reported that a Chinese guy bought a home with 6N domains, wonder what they will buy you today? Maybe a place under the bridge?

Last edited:
•••

Unfortunately most members that have lost their shirt aren't revealing this, for understandable reasons.
No one likes to admit they got it horribly wrong although I personally have no issue doing so myself as in my earlier post in the thread.

In short the silence from many is predictable and yes many have lost a ton of money with the chinese crash. I personally know some myself so you can be sure there are many others.

I hope they come out alright in the end.

Last edited:
•••
Have lost about $10K invested in 5L.COM Chips

Last edited:
•••

Wow,I didnt know that Braden invested six figures into .ws..
Thanks for the share David,,always learning from NP !!

•••
Somebody must have put on spell on them, they are not newbies and nobody would invest in .ws anyway.

•••
Somebody must have put on spell on them, they are not newbies and nobody would invest in .ws anyway.
Well in my opinion, when Shane Cultra (member on namePros: Domain Shane) – with the followership of new investors that he’s amassed over the years – goes on the record to say “I am certainly on team .ws” with a happy face to show his support for the extension on the Chip market it could’ve been a lot worse for members here on namePros than what I’m seeng.[1]

Member 168 points this out and really puts things in perspective. They did a scan of all NNNNN.ws and Shane Cultra owns 25% of those registered.[2] That’s a big bet, for someone who couldn't afford it, of course.

A lot of new investors put people like this up on the pedestal, and, if Cultra kept pushing the subject of .WS which he has in the referenced thread, I believe many more people would be reporting losses in the months to come.

Though, for them, there are still months until renewal. The real question for them is do they believe in the hype, and if Branden Pollock and Shane Cultra didn’t receive any perks from the .WS registry, will they be renewing their $600~ (NNN) and $1000~ (NN) domain names? Will Shane renew his portfolio of 5N and gamble another 5 figures?

This only compounds their losses, but, it’s also important to note because if they do others may follow suit as well – people who can’t afford to lose. Others may even gamble (but hopefully not) and register the remaining 94,145 NNNNN.ws in another buyout.[2] Remember those threads?

[1] Cultra, Shane. ".WS - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread." NamePros. N.p., 27 Feb. 2016. Web. 05 Oct. 2016.
[2] 168. ".WS - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread." NamePros. N.p., 29 Aug. 2016. Web. 05 Oct. 2016.

•••
You couldn't pay me to own a 5N .ws ..........welcome to crazy town !!

•••
5N.ws is insanity. Chinese investors even discuss the possibility of 5N.com not being investment grade. .ws has zero usage in China.

•••
I am in the process of deleting 4N.info / org
offes welcome

•••
.ws has zero usage in China.
And it's hardly used anywhere else. It's something that speculators should ponder: speculating on domains that have no use and no end users is like a game of musical chairs. Unless you find another bigger sucker fast, you'll lose your money.

•••
I go big or I don't go-)) So with that being said, I bought 4,609 6n.com last year, (all hand reg) sold around 1,000 of them and going to renew the remaining 3,609 if I can get a special transfer rate for around $5 or so that companies sometimes offer. I could of turned a 40K investment into a $400K investment within 3 months, but really I thought the market would hold it's own the whole year of 2016 before renewal time. Can't control past, only looking ahead now.

Of those 3,609 most have "0 and or "4", but all have patterns double repeating or 2 double repeating, like a "44 22". If I drop these they will all get backordered at $49+. If they stop get backorderd and they become available to hand reg than I am "F*cked. If not, I like my decision to renew all. My gut is telling me the 6n market 1st quarter of 2017 is going pick up, so I will renew.

I been in this industry since 1998, do this full time, not always right, but I made a good living being more right than wrong, so I will tell you guys in 1 year from now how I did:))

There is no expert to listen to, be your own expert, be your own leader.

Thanks, Jim

Last edited:
•••
I go big or I don't go-)) So with that being said, I bought 4,609 6n.com last year, (all hand reg) sold around 1,000 of them and going to renew the remaining 3,609 if I can get a special transfer rate for around $5 or so that companies sometimes offer.

Of those 3,609 most have "0 and or "4", but all have patterns double repeating or 2 double repeating, like a "44 22". If I drop these they will all get backordered at $49+. If they stop get backorderd and they become available to hand reg than I am "F*cked. If, not I like my decision to renew all. My gut is telling me the 6n market 1st quarter of 2017 is going pick up, so I will renew.

I been in this industry since 1998, do this full time, not always right, but I made a good living being more right than wrong, so I will tell you guys in 1 year from now how I did:))

There is no expert to listen to, be your own expert, be your own leader.

Thanks, Jim

Jim, Thanks for sharing your views. I renewed 1000+ 6N months ago. Most of them have 0 or 4 or both. I also believe the market will pick up in 2017. If it does not pick up, I will cut my losses and move on.

•••
Jim, Thanks for sharing your views. I renewed 1000+ 6N months ago. Most of them have 0 or 4 or both. I also believe the market will pick up in 2017. If it does not pick up, I will cut my losses and move on.

It's going to get real ugly in November which is the 1 year anniversary of sell out of 6n.com. That should be rock-bottom, but get through that month of no 6n being available to hand reg (all backordered) than could be clear skies ahead. Not saying 2015 prices, but looking up:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back