Domain Empire

question How much you lost by investing in Chips Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
Many of us invested in Chips domains such as: 5L.com, 4L.org, 4L.info, 3L.biz, 3L.co, 6N.com, NNLL.com ..... etc.
So with No shame, How much you lost in that investment?, and how many domains you will drop?
About myself $9k-$10k., and 400 domains
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
None.PQKL,QZWX doesn't make any sense to me,so never invested in such domain names.

•••
the PQKL and QZWX .coms are worth $1200 or more because they mean a lot to Chinese!

•••
•••
I still have $1.3k worth of junk - but I bought it with money from other CHIPs and overall I made much more than I invested.

ChineseFever[tm] was quite profitable for me - I'm glad I didn't listen to the nayseyers :rolleyes:

•••
I lapât at least 7K on 6N
Another area where I invested a lot was 4L western chips .org but these are winners. They are not only chips they are western premiums in the same time so I got a lot aptnof leads and average parking profit. These I'm actually still buying. I got 1.5K names out of a total of 17k names and looking to add more. These got end user potential from the US and a lot actually!

•••
It seems that I am the only one who invested in Chips Domains.B-).

I am sure there are a lot more. Some just havent relized that they have lost the money. A little slow...

Last edited:
•••
its way to early to talk about how much you lost
if I would sell now -> then I lost xx.xxx
most from 5L.com
but I use to hold stuff much longer . but not the 5L.com ;)

•••
I bought them when no one called them chips, sold most of them.

When the market supply is very high, prices expected to dump. Economic 101.

•••
You only lose if you sell during a down market. I held llll.com for 3 years no offers, than they all came and sold all but 1 in 2015. Would of lost if I sold prior to 2015. Took that money bought 6n, still at a loss, but why sell during a falling knife, going to renew. Chinese are very good at manipulating the market, they let fools sell, than they create another pump, seen this over and over. However, stick .com's all that .ws shit, xyz.shit, and other BS extensions cut your losses, hold and renew .com's

•••
I lost on cheap Chinese junk, the stuff I didn't have time to sell. Overall i made a lot from the chinese market the roi was so good i felt like why hold on when i can turnover. So that's what i did. i feel bad for the guys who got stuck with the bag and invested into worthless extentions

•••
How about the market of 6n and 7n .com ?

•••
No chips, no problems.

Don't follow the trends, always stick with one, two and three word dot coms.

Safest bet for a long time now and will continue to be for the near future at least.

•••
I used to have some LLLL.coms (turned out to be CHIPS) bought at $15 - 20, and when i received $100-120 offers, months before the CHIPS hype, i was happy and surprised, since they were .... random letters domain names. I also investigated about potential end-users but those acronyms were meaningless to me.
Tried to negotiated a little, worked out to reach $150 from $120, and $120 from $100.

2-3 months later i saw these domains sold at $1,xxx , just at the very beginning of the Chinese hype.

•••
•••
I profited maybe $250 from buying 3L.info, 3L.biz, 4L.net for cheap in bulk then flipping them quickly

•••
its way to early to talk about how much you lost
if I would sell now -> then I lost xx.xxx
most from 5L.com
but I use to hold stuff much longer . but not the 5L.com ;)

thats prime example of not getting it!

•••
OP don't worry you are not alone.

I made money overall in the chinese market despite entering late 2015 but reinvested a lot of my ROI into 5l.com chips and 6n.coms at or near the peak. Put around $10k into 5l's and losing it all. So although I made overall ROI no one likes to lose $10k from reinvesting.

Big lesson learnt and believe me many other investors are in a similar boat and some far worse off than losing $10k but they can't admit it which I can understand.

•••
Hello guys
Many of us invested in Chips domains such as: 5L.com, 4L.org, 4L.info, 3L.biz, 3L.co, 6N.com, NNLL.com ..... etc.
So with No shame, How much you lost in that investment?, and how many domains you will drop?
About myself $9k-$10k., and 400 domains
Thanks

Its not a question of winning or loosing.You should be ready to hold your domains if you plan to do well in this business.For this obviously you should have premium domain names in your portfolio.Since only then you've a good opportunity to sell your domain to end user at the right price.Investing in crap can only bring you losses.If you're unable to bear the renewal costs,you shouldn't think of getting in this business.You need proper financial planning if you want to make profits out of this business.

•••
•••
I am going to humbly suggest that just like in numerics, only certain patterns in the 5L space will succeed. I would not just hold in the hope the Chinese return, good luck all

Last edited:
•••
$0

Don't invest in trends.

•••
Made 50k+ from the Chinese market last year. Moved out from my parents' house and moved into a new apartment, got married, bought a nice piece of land, met a lot of people and made a lot of friends.

It was fun while it lasted and it totally changed my life forever.

•••
You only lose if you sell during a down market. I held llll.com for 3 years no offers, than they all came and sold all but 1 in 2015. Would of lost if I sold prior to 2015. Took that money bought 6n, still at a loss, but why sell during a falling knife, going to renew. Chinese are very good at manipulating the market, they let fools sell, than they create another pump, seen this over and over. However, stick .com's all that .ws sh*t, xyz.sh*t, and other BS extensions cut your losses, hold and renew .com's

I don't think Chinese bubble times will come back anytime soon. Let's face it almost all 6N don't make any sense even for Chinese.

I think what happened was:

A lot of Chinese people got rich from stock market investment. When the market crashed a lot of them became wannabe domain investors with no clue of what they were doing.

Then domains became hot as a money laundering vehicle.

No one bought the domains because they made sense, all what they wanted to do is to buy an asset and see the price go up and sell to another person.

Obviously the market had to crash because there weren't any end-users for domains that didn't make any sense.

The times won't come back because the assets were worthless in the first place.

What will survive is 2L-3L .com, 2-4N. Maybe 4 L that make sense and 5N. A few good 4C and good Pinyins.

All others will never have any real value and don't make sense for end-users.

Last edited:
•••
•••
you are far to early with your resumes
the hype started in 9/2015
and still we see much higher prices in 4L.com chips
then only 1 year ago

it took the king
17 years or so
to make $8,888,888 USD out of 150 k

upload_2016-10-5_14-50-9.png

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back