IT.COM

How much would you pay for "yourname".com or .net?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
How much would you pay for "yourname".com or .net?

Any opinions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is pretty wide open. Joe.com or Bob.com or Sue.com would be very, very pricey. On the other hand...Evangelina.com maybe not so.

???

ST

•••
Sorry! I this question is pretty tough to answer. I guess I am referring to a generic first name....

•••
Not a problem.

Alot of people's first names have been taken. I imagine alot of people's last names are also gone. I guess you would be interested in those people whose first names are taken (owned by you) but are generic enough to not be overwhelmingly popular. Just a ballpark guess of $75-$100 for the dotcoms. 75% less for the dotnets. Am I making any sense? Tough one to appraise.

ST

•••
I think that generic firstname.com's are worth thousands.. they could be developed in to websites of any kind or just sold to one of the many million people with that name..

•••
•••
Give us some example names. I would expect to pay $5k-8k to get of Ron.Com. More for RJ.Com, Less for Ronaldo.Com

•••
My first and last names are taken and my last name is the name of some company LOL, so no chance of me getting that, I have however got my fullname.com

•••
not a cent

i am not going to bother even buying my name. I know nobodys got it. and nobodys going to register it either:laugh:. Only few people share my last name so i am not bothered at all, and if even if somebody regged it, it will be probably someone i know:p

•••
I could never afford Mike.com but I do own my last name :)

My last name only gets 2 results on Google, I guess its very rare, one is my link and the other I dont know.

Mike

•••
If anyone knows anyone by the last name *CROWL* send them my way..
Crowl.net (i am desperately seeking a CROWL family member too buy this name)

•••
results

my last name yields 3 results in google:D and my first name about 97000 results.B-)

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
Give us some example names. I would expect to pay $5k-8k to get of Ron.Com. More for RJ.Com, Less for Ronaldo.Com

Straight forward answers.

TW

•••
I wouldn't be interested in buying my own name.com/net unless I wanted it for personal development. Cindy is not exactly a common name, but not uncommon either. I would pay less for fullname.com (which is also taken), less for Cynthia.com, and more for Cin.com which is a 3 letter domain probably worth quite a lot of moolah.

•••
I got my sisters First/Lastname.com for her. Was quite suprised actally.

However, search for my name : "Matthew Wheeler" and google said : Results 1 - 10 of about 2,210 which is kinda freaky really...hehehe

I do "Matt Wheeler" and theres : Results 1 - 10 of about 3,380

Even scarier ;)

However, Matthewwheeler.com is taken, all other TLD's are free.

MAttWheeler and .com and .net are taken. Personally, I would never get it. I generally get the TLD's for my nick which i have at the time. :)

•••
"Jeff.com" and "Jeffrey.com" are both taken and sites are up, looks like the latter is also as a "Last Name" family name. Damn, I didn't even think about that. :o
I should contact them and find out how much they're asking for each (if they're even interested) ... as depending on their answers, I might be good to go! :D
How much do you think they'd be Asking?
How much do you think I should Offer?
Do you want me to find out and revisit here?!? :o
Could be a fun "experiment", and I'd gladly do it if you folks are interested.
Thanks.
B-)

•••
i'd love to have Brian.com/net both of which run out in 2004 maybe they won't renew :)

my last name .com is taken by someone for what i can see just personal email, and the .net version is owned by a company offering to sell email addresses from different surnames

i'd pay around 100 for brian.com/net about same for last name com/net

•••
Welcome to Namepros, Brian. :)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Welcome to Namepros, Brian. :)

Thank you :)

•••
My last name is taken in .com/.net/.org/.biz/.info/.us/.ca
and maybe more. :o

:'(

I will wait for Sohil.com to expire ;)

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by Sohil
I will wait for Sohil.com to expire ;)

August 17, 2005. :'(

But you can have some fun in the meantime, if you wish ... if you want to contact each of the above (2) for me and inquire?!? :D
Totally up to you, of course ... may be fun and good experience, IMHO. I'm a PM away, naturally. :)
Thanks, Sohil.

•••
I encourage everbody to get their name. Having your name as your email is the best thing you can do.

Can you remember all of your regularly used emails? If you do, your lucky for now. Wait till your friends finish school, jobs or leave AOL.

I'm out of luck, Geoffrey.com has a trademark. You should pay up to $1,000

•••
My name is owned by Dow Jones, DJ.com, that is way out of my range. :(
My last name is also taken, but my first & last name combo is still available, I figure I'll register it later this year.

•••
Originally posted by djthekid
My name is owned by Dow Jones, DJ.com, that is way out of my range. :(
My last name is also taken, but my first & last name combo is still available, I figure I'll register it later this year.

Wise move, IMHO DJ. :)

PS. Sohil and I may be working on either/both "Jeff.com" or "Jeffrey.com" (a little experiment, if you will) ... and we'll either start a new thread in the "Break Room", or keep you folks posted here.
Thanks.

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-

Ronaldo.com could worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Ronaldo name is synonymous to Ronaldo the famous Brazilian football player.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back