IT.COM

discuss How much time is spent per day in domaining?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello,

Simple question:
How much time is spent per day in domaining to analytics, review, buy, sell or other things ?
If possible detail, the reply.
Thanks!

In my case:
- No more than one hour per day (Monday to Friday) and 90% time is only for review some backorder list or expired domains and some days buy it.
- Domaining for me is only a "hobby" for this moment.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Me: Not much time at all. I keep my eye on a couple things, with regards to "buying". Sometimes pick up the odd expired domain. I drift in and out of domaining, than taking it super seriously. I'll read the news when I can be bothered, if anything significant is there. Rest of my time I'm logged in at NamePros, doing the appraisals, and chatting to awesome people

•••
hi, i think it depends on how experienced you are. I am just starting so spend many hours per day. I knew almost nothing and wasted a lot of money buying what I now know are useless .ventures etc TLDs :(

•••
It really depends on how committed to the process you are. When I started I used to spend hours just searching for good names, now after some years of experience I usually just check in a few sites for some interesting names to bid on, so I would say no more than 2 hours a day.

Last edited:
•••
It really depends on how committed to the process you are. When I started I used to spend hours just searching for good names, now after some years of experience I usually just check in a few sites for some interesting names to bid on, so I would say no more than 2 hours a day.

But two hours per day is a LOT of time if domaining is not your primary work.

•••
Hi

24hrs.

i wake up, thinking about domains
and all thru-out the day, domains are on my mind.

if, i'm cruzing in my ride
and see a billboard on the street
i notice the domain
when a truck goes by,
i notice the domain
while watching some tube, snacking on popcorn
i notice the domains in the commercials
and even sometimes in my sleep, i think of a name out of the blue.
so, mentally, the 24hrs. time spent, is true.

imo...

•••
Hi

24hrs.

i wake up, thinking about domains
and all thru-out the day, domains are on my mind.

if, i'm cruzing in my ride
and see a billboard on the street
i notice the domain
when a truck goes by,
i notice the domain
while watching some tube, snacking on popcorn
i notice the domains in the commercials
and even sometimes in my sleep, i think of a name out of the blue.
so, mentally, the 24hrs. time spent, is true.

imo...

Yes, so good. On my mind have the same process but change the word domain for sex.
But this is only in my mind, I not fucking full inox beautiful woman all the day.... only once per 48 hours. B-)

But in this thread not question about how many time thinking about domains in our mind. This is not the real question.

Last edited:
•••
Although this is a tough question to answer since it depends on who you ask. I personally spend about 3-4 hours per day on my business. That includes research, brainstorming, content creation, marketing, and more. The truth is that there are many days where I take a day off. That being said, I only do this when I have a few things that I have to get done. Otherwise, I keep my nose to the grindstone. I always say that it is better to overwork and get things done, than it is to underwork and get nothing done.

•••
Hello,

Simple question:
How much time is spent per day in domaining to analytics, review, buy, sell or other things ?
If possible detail, the reply.
Thanks!

In my case:
- No more than one hour per day (Monday to Friday) and 90% time is only for review some backorder list or expired domains and some days buy it.
- Domaining for me is only a "hobby" for this moment.

time invested is directly proportional to results obtained. like everything in life.

as in u will.never have same results at 1h per day as the person at 10h per day
...well..u will..it will just take u 10 times longer heh

•••
But in this thread not question about how many time thinking about domains in our mind. This is not the real question.
Hi

the question asked, is not as simple, as one may think

as time spent domaining, may depend on time available, after doing other :poop:

then again, one might not consider "reading a newspaper" as domaining,

if, you have a job and do this pt, you may only have time after work... after dinner and after family time.
if, you're a youngin, with no other responsibilities then you got all day.
if, you're a full time domainer, then it's your life!
cuz it's what supports the household and the portfolio.

imo...

•••
•••
Off season: 6-10 hours
Busy Season: :30-:60 minutes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back