Dynadot

poll How many .xyz names did you register after you heard about abc.xyz?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How many .xyz names did you register AFTER you heard about ABC.xyz

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 1-5

votes
    11.0%
  • 6-10

votes
    1.8%
  • 11-20

votes
    3.1%
  • 21-40

votes
    3.7%
  • 41-60

votes
    0.0%
  • 61-80

votes
    0.0%
  • 81-100

vote
    0.6%
  • 101+

votes
    5.5%

votes
    74.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

DNVantage

Established Member
Impact
How many .xyz names did you register after you heard about abc.xyz?

What is your .xyz total now?

How many more .xyz names are you planning to register in next 30 days?

How much % of your total portfolio is .xyz?

My answers:
  • .xyz registered after news : 2
  • Holding total .xyz : 2
  • Planning to register more in next 30 days : 10
  • Current % of .xyz in full portfolio: 2%

Comments?

P.S. I forgot to include bought 'zero' option in poll, so please mention it in your comment. but hey, at $1 why not buy at least one? ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Registered 0

I would still advise to keep a few single keyword .xyz if you have some. I think the N,NN,NNN might trade a lot better. Its a long term investment and be prepared to loose a bit in the meantime.

Frank Schilling the owner of Uniregistery who is the largest advocate of Ngtlds latest high sales domain news was in .com (Floid.com & Tonix.com) Funny that!!!

•••
and there are not plans to waste even a single dime to purchase anything .xyz
I love many new tlds but .xyz is absolutely awful to type, awful to say and doesn't mean anything IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
Have not seen value yet. I also don't think I would register.

•••
Really tried to register one but just couln't justify it. The extension is just too ugly IMO. Really, look at it, it looks like a pile of twigs.

•••
•••
nothing registered after abc.xyz and I am trying to sell already registered 14 xyz domains (sold one, now 13)

•••

I registered some .xyz before that. But after that, it's 0

•••
•••
•••
•••
Still growing after the news... https://ntldstats.com/tld/xyz

@mad409 using those stats, it's always been growing, that's nothing new. We talked about it here - https://www.namepros.com/threads/xyz-worthless-extension.865757/page-2#post-4921827

It was mentioned it takes about 3 months for the drops to start affecting those numbers using those stats. You can keep using that one if you want but another month and a half or so and it should start going the other way.

The other 2 stat sites are using Zone numbers:

http://www.registrarstats.com/TLDDomainCounts.aspx

https://namestat.org/

It was about 950,000 a couple of months ago, it's around 800,000 now. It's already going down to pre announcement numbers:

+12,713 - first full day after announement
+12,311
+ 8,410
+9,351
+5,116
+4,654 - yesterday - https://namestat.org/xyz

Last edited:
•••
@mad409 using those stats, it's always been growing, that's nothing new. We talked about it here - https://www.namepros.com/threads/xyz-worthless-extension.865757/page-2#post-4921827

It was mentioned it takes about 3 months for the drops to start affecting those numbers using those stats. You can keep using that one if you want but another month and a half or so and it should start going the other way.

The other 2 stat sites are using Zone numbers:

http://www.registrarstats.com/TLDDomainCounts.aspx

https://namestat.org/

It was about 950,000 a couple of months ago, it's around 800,000 now. It's already going down to pre announcement numbers:

+12,713 - first full day after announement
+12,311
+ 8,410
+9,351
+5,116
+4,654 - yesterday

You can't prove anything with facts. ;)

•••
I dropped the one I used to own :P

•••
You can't prove anything with facts. ;)

Not really his facts or data, 3rd party.. So you and JB are both saying Daniel and company .xyz is not telling the truth on national TV when he says they currently have over a million regs? If so fine but then you're saying he's a liar, correct?

I'd personally make sure I had all my ducks in a row before I did that but JMO. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Not really his facts, 3rd party.. So you and JB are both saying Daniel and company .xyz is not telling the truth on national TV when he says they currently have over a million regs? If so fine but then you're saying he's a liar, correct?

I'd personally make sure I had all my ducks in a row before I did that but JMO. :xf.wink:

I said in some other post about some block you had, and you demonstrate it once again. The thread I linked too, goes over the numbers and differences. Zone file vs. DUM. Registrar Stats and Namestat use the Zone file, it's what I use when talking about numbers. ntld stats, what you and Daniel use, use DUM numbers. Nobody said he was a liar, that he was just using different stats.

I don't think you pay too much attention because you posted something that was happening everyday, as if it was new.

Last edited:
•••
I said in some other post about some block you had, and you demonstrate it once again. The thread I linked too, you should read it again, goes over the numbers and differences. Zone file vs. DUM. Then I literally link to 2 sites using the Zone numbers, the Zone numbers are also listed in the stat site you use. I don't think you pay too much attention because you posted something that was happening everyday, as if it was new.

I would appreciate if you'd stop saying I have a block, you're only showing your true ignorance and lack of respect for other members.

Zone numbers mean nothing to me, only what's live. So are they over a million currently or not??

Maybe uncle John or whomever around here should have you chill a bit, just saying.

•••
I would appreciate if you'd stop saying I have a block, you're only showing your true ignorance and lack of respect for other members.

Zone numbers mean nothing to me, only what's live. So are they over a million currently or not??

Maybe uncle John or whomever around here should have you chill a bit, just saying.

Why are you still asking about numbers? There are links to 3 sites, I just literally explained it to you again. You like to use ntld stats using DUM numbers, so those are over a million, almost 1.2 million. The other 2 aren't, the ones using the Zone file. As far as "chilling" you need to and not try to put words in other people's mouths. Nobody called anybody a liar, just that different numbers are being used. If you don't like me using block, then stop acting like it. You ask about numbers and you linked to the site yourself, did you forget? - https://ntldstats.com/tld/xyz

Last edited:
•••
Why are you still asking about numbers? There are links to 3 sites, I just literally explained it to you again. You like to use ntld stats using DUM numbers, so those are over a million. The other 2 aren't, the ones using the Zone file. As far as "chilling" you need to and not try to put words in other people's mouths.

That's what I thought, you can't confirm .xyz doesn't have over a million regs but rather throw out 3rd party zone files to defame the extension.

If anyone needs to chill it's you, stop saying a member has a block which is a sly way is calling them stupid.

I would never do that within this forum but I have class.

•••
That's what I thought, you can't confirm .xyz doesn't have over a million regs but rather throw out 3rd party zone files to defame the extension.

If anyone needs to chill it's you, stop saying a member has a block which is a sly way is calling them stupid.

I would never do that within this forum but I have class.

"xyz doesn't have over a million regs"

I just said they had 1.2 using ntld stats, less than a million if you use the other 2. You seriously can't read? Should I put it in bold and get some firework gifs or something to surround it, so you have a better chance of seeing it? What's wrong with you? I even went back and put it in bold for you.

You defame yourself with your posts. I guess Registrar Stats and Namestat are defaming a lot of new extensions by keeping track of their registrations. I'm simply talking about the numbers listed on their sites and you get all upset over it. If you have issues with those numbers, why don't you take it up with them? Do you think they're making those numbers up? Again, if you don't understand them, read - https://www.namepros.com/threads/xyz-worthless-extension.865757/page-2#post-4921827

Last edited:
•••
I have a block and now I'm an idiot, nice JB. Let me remind you anyone can be held liable for thier actions whether online, or offline real life.

Go for a walk...

•••
For those reading this JB said I had a block and I'm an idiot. If you don't quote him he goes back and changes his post after a reply. Been posted about before... :P

Actually who really has time to go back and see his edits after you reply the first time.

I just print it out...

Last edited:
•••
I just don't believe in the hype for these .xyz

•••
•••
Google using ABC.XYZ is simply just a great "domain hack" for a great catchy marketing strategy but thats it. ABC.XYZ is easier to spell for the majority of the worlds users then alphabet.com, and visually it just stands out.

Plus look at all the free viral publicity (this post as an example) google is getting for there new "alphabet site" from doing just that.

However, other then a clever domain hack on googles part, and the viral publicity and marketing they wanted for there new site, thats where I see .xyz ending with its glory. (I'm not saying it's impossible it might take off, I'm sure its going to inflate for a while from sales to the "less educated domineers" that are looking to get rich quick and simply see bits and pieces of this industry, and not the domain industry as a whole. But long term, I just don't see it happening).

.com has been so ingrained into our society. It literally means commercial (which, if your looking to make money in domaining, a big end user purchase is going to come from a commercial business).

However going beyond that, it has over 30 years of history that continually shows no matter what new extension comes out .com is still the most sought after domain for any perpous period. & not to mention its just easier and more fluid to type in on a QWERTY keyboard.

I think the the new gtld's have "some" great value, when used correctly for marketing strategies, just like ABC.XYZ. However just because one new GTLD has a big sale or acquisition, does not mean its the right fit or the new universal extension for all domain names. It just simply was a good match for the domain name and its extension.

•••
Not really his facts or data, 3rd party.. So you and JB are both saying Daniel and company .xyz is not telling the truth on national TV when he says they currently have over a million regs? If so fine but then you're saying he's a liar, correct?

He may not be a liar but he does bend the truth.

It's no different than saying you made $1,000,000 this year but not explaining that you had $999,999 in expenses.

You could claim to be a millionaire but it's not the whole truth. Technically, the homeless guy on the end of the street makes more than you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back