Domain Empire

discuss How many times have you gotten a NamePros Warning? And for what?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I've noticed I have been getting an almost every other day my posts are either deleted and moved.

I admit I'm a bit lazy and tend to just post in the general discussion section.

And I admit. I haven't read the fine print on anything since birth. Most are just full of legal jargon and what not. Who has time for that? I mean no disrespect to Namepros with my occasional misstep. I enjoy posting in Namepros. Probably more than buying and selling domains which is actually the point of Namepros? Lol

I worry though. At some point if I keep getting warnings and having my posts deleted and moved that I will end up with my paid account restricted.

I do need to pay attention to what I post or else I will get restricted. I can't have that happen for my domain business.

I do treat Namepros like I do with anything I purchase. I usually open the box and just use it and figure it out without reading the instructions first. Usually it goes fine but sometimes disaster! Lol

So I'm curious. Who else is in the same predicament as me? I'm not a forum spammer who blatantly abuses the rules. Just an idiot who loves to post on here.

So how many warnings have you gotten and for fun why not include your most interesting warnings. Keep it PG-13 guys.

Have you ever gotten so many to the point of being restricted? Share that experience if you like.

Recently I asked a question just like this one not domain related but could be.

I asked about how I could buy an 800 number.

I posted in the general discussion and then got a warning and then the thread was moved to the Break Room. Was that really appropriate?

I don't really mind it being moved but it merited that I get a warning and like I said I worry that I'm losing track of warnings that eventually I'll get a restricted account.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Warning can happen even for the best members. Just be careful when and what you post. Moderators do their job which is not easy. Even if you get banned, well, that's life!

•••
Never got a restricted status, just shot down a couple times like when reporting a thread with a member selling a trademarked name and getting praise. Just misleading and should not be encouraged imo.

•••
Hello,

It's important to note that alerts are not warnings.
  • An alert is for notification or guidance purposes. For example, when we move a thread to better categorize it, you may receive an alert to inform you about it but not a warning.
  • A warning is when you receive a direct message from a moderator that contains the text "Warning" in the subject.

We hope that helps.

•••
It's official. Posting this thread in the General Discussion has caused me to become restricted 15%-30%.

how ironic that in the OP I mentioned my fear of getting restricted and now I am registricted. lol shaking my head. I don't know if this will prevent me in anyway from posting in the external sales section and the make offer section or even the Insiders Club. The section that oddly enough I never bothered to check out since I first started paying for a membership here.

Will it? That's all I care about right now since I am preparing to promote my domain auctions here.

•••
It's official. Posting this thread in the General Discussion has caused me to become restricted 15%-30%.
:xf.eek: This may be a first.

It appears that it was causing a lot of reports from members and additional work for another moderator team, so after multiple unsuccessful attempts to get you to categorize your threads while creating them, it left that moderator team with no other choice but to restrict you.

You should be able to discuss it with that team, and if you're sincere about doing better, they likely won't have a problem removing the restriction for you, but that's a conversation to have with them.

We hope that helps.

•••
:xf.eek: This may be a first.

It appears that it was causing a lot of reports from members and additional work for another moderator team, so after multiple unsuccessful attempts to get you to categorize your threads while creating them, it left that moderator team with no other choice but to restrict you.

You should be able to discuss it with that team, and if you're sincere about doing better, they likely won't have a problem removing the restriction for you, but that's a conversation to have with them.

We hope that helps.

I see. So it was the numerous reports? I get it. That's fine then. I'm not exactly making many friends on here. It is to be expected. I for one regardless of anyone's post no matter how annoying even that one guy who use to troll my posts a while back if I recall I never once hit that Report button.

It's a total wuss move. never been a snitch. if I ever had a problem with someone I'd tell them to their face. but that's just me. If someone has an issue with my posts I really wish they would just come out and say so. I'd be glad to remove it. In fact I have removed many posts upon request by other members on numerous occasions.

Anyways I admit I have a habit of just posting in the General Discussion not out of disrespect to NP as love this place. You can tell by my super long posts on here (Free Content for Namepros), But because some of my posts are difficult to place in a category. I just assume it's General Discussion.

Sometimes when I have an idea for a post I do it via mobile on the go on a train or a bus. I tend to forget things so I want to make sure I post it before I forget. lol. does that make sense? probably explains a lot. lol

I don't want to be a pain in the ass for the moderators or cause static but I really need to make sure I can still post in the Make offer and the external sales section as I have upcoming domain auctions to promote.

I don't really mind the 15%-30% restriction for 3 months if it is really needs to stick. because I only plan at this point to post in the Make offer and the External Domain sales sections from this point on.

Although I'd appreciate the restrictions to be removed if possible.

So how do I request to have my account unrestricted again. To be honest I need to quit Bs'ing on Namepros and get lead out start selling domains already.

I think next time around whenever I have what I think is a "Great idea" I should refrain. besides it takes up my time. Time I should spend posting my auctions.

so which team should I talk to about this? I'm confused. isn't it supposed to be you? @Mod Team Bravo ?

•••
I'm seeing now that this restriction IS going to be an issue. I just tried to post some things on here and each one now needs to be properly vetted.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

I don't know how long these things take to be approved.

This is going to be an issue with my upcoming domain auctions of which there are many that I need to promote. If there is a delay in my posts it will affect the timing of the promotions of my 7 day auctions and 14 days auctions etc etc.

It goes without saying that every day counts when comes to domain auctions as far as promotions are concerned. I really need to have this removed. I will refrain from ever posting in the General Discussions. I need to do these auctions pronto and I can't have my posts be delayed like this. Who exactly do I speak to about this?

Last edited:
•••
Who exactly do I speak to about this?
The issuer of the restriction. You can do that by replying to the direct message that informed you of the restriction.

We hope that helps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back