Dynadot

question I'm looking for a list of domains that have trademark issues.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

nekoneko

Impact
I'm looking for a list of domains that have trademark issues.

Example,
google
LouisVuitton
TORYBURCH
microsoft

I am acquiring the domain programally.
I would like to know in advance whether the domain infringes trademark rights.

sorry my poor english.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is no way to know for sure (except for the big brands ofc)

What you *can* do is check any trademark check website (eg. trademarkia) or have a look at past disputes here:
https://www.dndisputes.com/search?text=

•••
According to USPTO no trademarks registered

•••
According to USPTO no trademarks registered
Probably the OP asked for a list of TM keywords since the plan was to acquire domains 'programally' I assumed they meant 'programmatically'... could be wrong though

•••
Probably the OP asked for a list of TM keywords since the plan was to acquire domains 'programally' I assumed they meant 'programmatically'... could be wrong though
Yes.
I want a list of domain names that should not be acquired to avoid dispute.

•••
@nekoneko ,
as I mentioned, that would be hard to achieve. Apart from a short list of well known trademarks (which you can easily find them and type them yourself in a list) you risk losing domains with other keywords because

a. the brands might have a limited presence (you need to research that) therefore no reason to include them

and

b. the brand name itself might block a wide range of domains due to how it is spelled eg. a brand named 'you' could potentially block many valuable domains from showing in your lists.

Imho, you need to create a list yourself and add carefully selected brands one by one.

Note that there are tools out there that supposedly can filter out 'Brand' domains (eg. using the expire lists at 'DomCop.com') but the risks I mentioned earlier are still valid.

•••
I want a list of domain names that should not be acquired to avoid dispute.

Trademark law does not work that way.

In the US, for example, there are 3,954,606 registered trademarks on the Principal Register:

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 7.39.24 AM.png

These include pretty much every dictionary word.

For example, take your question "I want a list" -

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 7.44.24 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 7.44.57 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 7.45.43 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 7.46.22 AM.png

Every word in "I want a list" is the subject of one or more registered trademarks in the US.

Whether or not that is going to be problematic in terms of registering a domain name depends on more factors than "does the domain name correspond to a registered mark."

•••
Trademark law does not work that way.

In the US, for example, there are 3,954,606 registered trademarks on the Principal Register:

Show attachment 255636

These include pretty much every dictionary word.

For example, take your question "I want a list" -

Show attachment 255637

Show attachment 255638

Show attachment 255639

Show attachment 255640

Every word in "I want a list" is the subject of one or more registered trademarks in the US.

Whether or not that is going to be problematic in terms of registering a domain name depends on more factors than "does the domain name correspond to a registered mark."
Could you shed light on what actually does constitute a trademark infringement?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back