Dynadot

strategy How many domains in your portfolio?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How many domains in your portfolio?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

votes
    2.1%
  • 1 to 9

votes
    13.0%
  • 10 to 49

votes
    18.3%
  • 50 to 99

votes
    9.3%
  • 100 to 249

votes
    18.5%
  • 250 to 499

votes
    11.8%
  • 500 to 999

votes
    11.1%
  • 1000 to 1999

votes
    8.3%
  • 2000 to 4999

votes
    4.4%
  • 5000 to 9999

votes
    0.7%
  • 10000+

votes
    2.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Softbay

Restricted (Market)
Impact
I have 40 domains almost all godaddy closeout and few purchased from namepros, how many domains should be in your portfolio to start a full time domain business and can easily sold monthly 1 domain to enduser.?
I am new in domain so need your suggestion!

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I think he never renews 90%

•••
I have a different strategy then it being a numbers game I know how to make money from 90% of my port.
Wow, I'm really envious! Could you be so kind as to give us some insight on how to accomplish that?

•••
Wow, I'm really envious! Could you be so kind as to give us some insight on how to accomplish that?

I prefer not to share strategies. What I will sell the key to this business is buying right. As long as you buy under your projected reseller exit number you will be fine.

•••
Around 22,220 domains, give or take a few.

Only a few then mate i am catching up tho with all these promos we are doing :P

•••
I think most of his domains are surnames etc.

•••
•••
Guy who has 22k domains.

•••
•••
•••
I have 60 domains and monthly 2 sales to enduser of $200-$500 via outbound

•••
•••
I hope this is not off topic, but I wonder if anyone is deliberately reducing the investment in their portfolio now anticipating the possibility of an economic downturn before long that may drag domain purchases down too (as I gather it did in 2008-2010). I am still digesting the really interesting post by @Keith DeBoer here. One thought I immediately had was it might be good to have more in funds, so if domains go south for a year or two and prices drop, that would be a good time to add domains when others are dropping them.

•••
I don't know any domainer who got a really interesting profit (overall) investing in .EU
And that's why such prices and so many available/dropped domains...

I am making a good, healthy profit with .EU (around 5,000 .EU domains right now). However: I am based in Europe, speak numerous languages and have a good understanding of naming/branding strategies for start-ups, mid-size cooperations etc.
- already sold this week: asda.eu & chinamart.eu

I think your monthly sales 10 to 15 domains.

I am in that range right now, and we are only on day 11 of the month ;)
- just sold right now: smsglobal.co ($999) & teamforce.co ($526)

•••
•••
I hope this is not off topic, but I wonder if anyone is deliberately reducing the investment in their portfolio now anticipating the possibility of an economic downturn before long that may drag domain purchases down too (as I gather it did in 2008-2010). I am still digesting the really interesting post by @Keith DeBoer here. One thought I immediately had was it might be good to have more in funds, so if domains go south for a year or two and prices drop, that would be a good time to add domains when others are dropping them.
I actually thrive in a recession as far as acquiring names that I end up selling. So I add far more names when the market is low rather than high. Put back money for yearly renewals every month, and domain on :)

•••
•••
I have 37 domain with 3 domain pending in afternic and 4 domain will arrive soon after pruchase from GD closeout let see the revenue then and some of the domain is SEO Domain

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back