Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sykology

Established Member
Impact
I have only recently decided to try to make money selling domains. So far, I have struggled to find a way to sale the 4 domain names I have bought. I am just wondering, how long did it take most people to make their first sale, and by what medium?

I am trying to sale:
3dprintersafety.com
busyknitter.com
relaytraining.com
clickbliss.com

...and not succeeding. I know it takes time, like anything, but how long did it take you?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you device a sound strategy, you can be selling at least 2 domains a month right from the jump. It really astonishes me how it takes people years to sell their first domain.

If you put your domains in front of the wrong people, they will never sell. Ideally, you must have your prospects or potential buyers lined up before you buy a domains...assuming you're buying them to resell.

Read this: https://www.namepros.com/threads/are-newbies-increasing-the-competition.1177428/#post-7639530

•••
If you device a sound strategy, you can be selling at least 2 domains a month right from the jump. It really astonishes me how it takes people years to sell their first domain.

If you put your domains in front of the wrong people, they will never sell. Ideally, you must have your prospects or potential buyers lined up before you buy a domains...assuming you're buying them to resell.

Read this: https://www.namepros.com/threads/are-newbies-increasing-the-competition.1177428/#post-7639530

I agree with GIST of what you said. But a good name( pronounceable, 2 words, meaningful etc) will get buyers, sooner or later. Even if there is NO immediate buyer, it will have long term potential.

•••
I have been doing this for a very short time a bit over 12 months but my main focus drifted towards the Brand able side of things So once I made that call I started hitting BB up and then SH I now have 26 accepted over at Brandbucket and 15 over at Squdhelp about 40 weeks into the 1st accepted name at BB and a third of that time on SQ . No sale as of yet but I am confident. This thread looks like a good place to show my names and get some excellent feedback If that idea is not cool just tell me .Cheers Tracey.

•••
The idea is only have 4 names you cannot sell. Buy 96 more and see if you can work out percentage. I sold first domain in first week of domaining after stroppy housemate wanted a name wasn't Craigd but Nick but he had an early buy also. I probably swapped a few too.

Last edited:
•••
I sold my first few names here in 2017 a few months after starting. The buyer had to tell me how to push 😂.

I consider my first actual sale to be 6 months after I bought my first domain.In the fall of 2017, a crypto frenzy was going on and I sold a domain for $3750. I sold 4 more crypto related names all for XXXX in quick succession over the next 4 months. All hand registered. That was a wild exception to the usual norms of a newbie.I am sure others remember when crypto names were flying off the shelves.🤩

•••
I started over 2 years ago and not had a sale yet. Dropped over 200 and now have 98. As renewals come I only renew a handful. Haven't bought any for months now and don't intend to either. It's a tough game and very time consuming so now I get on with other things and leave the domains in the background. After 2 years my hopes and enthusiasm have gone.

•••
I started in August 2019 and my 1st sale was on 27 Nov 2019. I had to take the help of Namepro's beginner section about some doubts i had, as the domain didn't even completed 60 day period and the buyer wanted it at different registrar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back