IT.COM

tips How I attract attention to my GoDaddy auction and get 5 bids in first 4 hours

NameSilo
Watch

bonin

DimitarBonin.comTop Member
Impact
Hi all,

today I decided to put on auction one of my ... let's say one of my good domain names ( not going to mention which one, but a very similar domain was sold for $26000 a few months ago ).

I would like to share what I've done and what I didn't do.

Done

1. I start an auction at Godaddy, I paid $4,99 for reserve price ( just in case :xf.wink: )
2. I posted on facebook, twitter and LinkedIn with a link to the auction
3. I contacted 4 different people, which I think may be interested
3a. To the first one, I sent direct message on Namepros
3b. To the second one, I sent a message on Facebook
3c. Third one was contacted via LinkedIn
3d. Last one via email
4. I posted on Namepros in "External Sales and Everything Else"
5. I've paid $35 to promote my auction on Namebio for 7 days

I have not yet done

1. I do not advertise on other sites, for example, "domaining.com"
2. I did not get in touch with more people who would be interested
3. I probably did not do much, but here you will share your opinion and experience

The result till now

5 bids from 3 different bidders, 108 viewings, all this in 6 hours...

Please share your opinion

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good names get attention...

•••
It will be interesting to see the final selling price, and whether your money and labor was worth it.

•••
•••
18 bids from 5 bidders, higest bid was $340, but unfortunately didn’t hit the reserve price

The domain name was TheEmojis (.com), 4 yars old and with my opinion with lot of potential

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yes, but at least 2000 people saw this domain.... we do not know from which shrub the rabbit will come out :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back