NameSilo

.us How good is .us

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ddesigns

24Designs.in - Web Development and more...Top Member
Impact
Hello there..

I have some domain name in my mind which i wanted to register, the only problem is that they are .us. So pls let me know what .us names are worth. All that i wanted to book are 3 character (Number and alphabet) and a single word domains.

Really looking forward for your help on .us domain value.

Regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey there,

I'm not American, but I know some information regarding .US. First off, they have residency restrictions (much like .CA). I notice it says you are from India. I believe you need to either be a resident / US citizen or have a US based business entity to register and legally hold a .US domain.

Regarding value, it is my opinion that .US is severly undervalued right now. Americans are still not waking up to the fact that .US is theirs, and not .COM. The focus is slowly shifting.

I believe people that have invested properly in .US at that time will garner very nice returns. If I could invest in .US I would, in a heartbeat.

•••
Thanks irish for your advice...
Thanks

•••
.us dont seem to be wanted much :(

•••
inquirerSG said:
.us dont seem to be wanted much :(

There wanted very much :)

Just the smart 1's are holding out for the right price.

so theres not many sales (reported :) )

•••
Ooops! :sold:

Last edited:
•••
so you mean .us has less value then .co.uk ???

•••
ddesigns said:

for TLD value it will always be less than dotCOM. But for brevity value it depends how you develop it and market it as a established business, site, portal, etc...

•••
ddesigns said:

They both have equal value as for its own local preference.

Ex: California.us and not California.co.uk
Ex: London.co.uk and not London.us

•••
ddesigns said:
All that i wanted to book are 3 character (Number and alphabet) and a single word domains.
Single word .US -- Yes. Good words definitely have value!

3 character .US -- No. Don't waste your time or money on things like hg7.us or 5ae.us

•••
-db- said:
Single word .US -- Yes. Good words definitely have value!

3 character .US -- No. Don't waste your time or money on things like hg7.us or 5ae.us

Great advice.

There are some great .US bargins to be found it you look around long enough but I would avoid any 3 character domains.

One of the biggest problems facing the .US extension is that so many of the best keywords and LLL are being held by speculators so developing is occuring very slowly. Like I said though, keep looking because bargains can be had.

•••
LLL.us are still valuable, CCC.us maybe not so much.

Keyword/short domains still very valuable and very UNDERvalued -- I picked up ResumeSearch.us for a pittance. Of course you must realize that this is a long position and significant returns will likely take a while.

ripley.

•••
great advice from experts... thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back