Afaque khan

Established Member
Impact
Hi ,I would like to know how is the market for this level domain extension

and how in future will it be?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
.me is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Montenegro.

•••
.me is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Montenegro.
I have just registered one .me domain unknowinlgy ,am i in trouble?.I am from india.

•••
•••
•••
Yes, it is an open country code that anyone can register. In recent years it has been promoted, and used, in terms of "me" for personal websites, celebrity insights, and sometimes as part of a phrase for people.

The incomplete (for smaller sales or those from small markets and many private) Namebio database lists over 1900 sales of .me, a very respectable number for anything other than the big ones and major countries. Note that as for all extension searches, some of these are resales. For example buy(.)me sold for 17,500 in 2008 and for $148,000 four years later in 2012.

Among the big sales I note the following:
meet(.)me for $450,000
buy(.)me for $148,000
interest(.)me for $80,000
date(.)me for $70,000

Sales continue with one so far in 2018, and many in 2017.

While the $$$$$ and above sales are mainly generic ones where the two words make sense (such as in the top list above), there have been sales of peoples names that generally go in the $$ to $$$ range with some higher than that.

I feel that they can be valuable if it is a meaningful generic word that goes with me or if it is a person's name.

Best of luck with all of your domains, @Afaque khan !

Bob

ps As disclosure I own two .me domains (in a portfolio of about 150 domains total) so I am not very invested in the name, but see opportunities if you can pick up or register a good name.

•••
$6.69 for a .me name, that's the same as a .com at the moment. I think I'd prefer the .com unless there was a nice single word that goes with "me"

•••
If .com is taken I would stick with a .co domain instead of .me..

•••
I have just registered one .me domain unknowinlgy ,am i in trouble?.I am from india.
You are not in trouble, I am also from INDIA & I have only one .me domain which is CafeNear.me I hand registered it for $0.48 so if it sell or not who care.

Cheer's

•••
•••
•••
I think they are good if the keyword + extension makes sense. Such as

- Mail.me
- Like.me
- Why.me

Or for hacks. Such as:

- Ro.me
- Li.me
- Cri.me

•••
Well, there is no real problem with .me domain. If you own one, you can always try to sell it on Sedo or Flippa, or search for a potential customer and try contacting them with an explanation why that particular domain name will benefit them.

•••
Right now I'm doing 2,512 EUR sale of CVCV.me (Spanish word as well)...
Buyer wants GoDaddy only (both Sedo and Payoneer Escrow have been rejected)... and he is ready to lose the additional 20%...
So price was increased to $3838 and should be paid on Monday...

•••
Buyer wants GoDaddy only (both Sedo and Payoneer Escrow have been rejected)... and he is ready to lose the additional 20%...
Why did they get rejected at Sedo escrow?

•••
•••
•••
Right now I'm doing 2,512 EUR sale of CVCV.me (Spanish word as well)...

I too sold a LLL.me for $3,000, one of the first I ever registered. More proof of "no value" to the "shoot from the hip" baseless previous comment.

Last edited:
•••
I sold a few 3Ls in the previous years...
From $500 and up to $3,500...

•••
•••
Mine was. I don't even think there was any negotiation.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last transaction - inbound too.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back