IT.COM

How do you let an enduser negotiate without saying domain name is negotiable?

NameSilo
Watch
Hello,

if you have end users you have given price but hasn't replied, how do you make them negotiate without mentioning that it is negotiable?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is a problem that I have at the moment, and the approach that I thought I would try is this.

• Create a Name Silo market listing entry, but don't host the domain with them.
  • Include the last price you requested as a buy it now
  • Permit offers below the BIN price.
  • Send the user the link to the sales page, and say that you will pay the listing and transfer fee.
I think that this could make it easier for the potential buyer to purchase the name. Also it introduces a sense of urgency into the deal, as there may be another buyer who jumps in to claim the name. You don't have to mention that you will accept offers, but the fact that there is an offer button on the page implies this.

•••
This is a problem that I have at the moment, and the approach that I thought I would try is this.

• Create a Name Silo market listing entry, but don't host the domain with them.
  • Include the last price you requested as a buy it now
  • Permit offers below the BIN price.
  • Send the user the link to the sales page, and say that you will pay the listing and transfer fee.
I think that this could make it easier for the potential buyer to purchase the name. Also it introduces a sense of urgency into the deal, as there may be another buyer who jumps in to claim the name. You don't have to mention that you will accept offers, but the fact that there is an offer button on the page implies this.

Thanks...I think I will have to create an account at NameSilo to make this happen or do know any other place that has same feature?

•••
Not sure what you mean by given them a price did they send you a price request to whois? I don’t really have this problem yet because my lowest offer price is the lowest I am willing to take and it goes from there. If anyone writes my whois without what sounds like a firm offer I direct them to the offer page for that name.

This sounds silly but I think making them make an offer to even contact you puts you in the better position. If possible, let them throw out the first figure.There are many tire kickers sometimes fellow domainers are tire kickers who might have a similar name and want to see what you are charging.

I think the initial emails should be friendly and short and direct but never desperate like you are itching to sell. If the person is really interested they usually make an offer. Is it possible you quoted a too high price? Sure. Unless someone makes me an actual offer I casually mention a range XXX or XXXX etc. The lowest offer set decreases this awkward juncture you are in. If they want it they will reply.

•••
Ok you said end users if you sent them an offer or a price include a link to a buy it now that will be good for the next week only. Sometimes they think about it and go ahead and buy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back