NameSilo

How Do You Go About On Creating A Good And Interesting Web Site?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
:rolleyes: :-/How Can You Creat A Really Good Web Site That MAny People Will Visit. What Would Be The Topic To Make Your Web Site On. (e.g making it on The Simpsons , Soccer , BasketballBasketball , etc.) I Personally Haven't Made One Beacuse I'm Bearly In Jr. High I HAve Tried To Make One Since I Was In Elementary. People Pleeeeeaazzzzeeee Help Me Out And It Would Be Cool To Give Me Tips Or A Web Site To Start My Home Page. Hey I'm A Beginner That Wants To Learn!

AnY oNe OuT tHeRe ThAt WaNtS tO hElP a PoOr KiD oUt? :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well when i fisrt start wed design i was 12 and now i am 15 i am making a start for some1 making money.

i fisrt start off designing a school site or over in new zealand we have a school web challenge i did one of them to learn. I just keep makeing little site which not sometimes i didn't even upload for pratice.

Or you can search somewhere on the net and find a group of people which make website together over the net and you can join that.

thanks

•••
Well the most important thing (for me anyway) is content. You can have the the most amazing looking web site but without some decent content to keep people coming back, your site will be pretty useless. Start off by getting a good subject. Throw together a few ideas and try putting things down on paper before you get to a PC.

Message boards are always a good way of getting people to come back. If you can build up a "community" on your site it wil lensure people come back.

After you have a good idea and plenty of material to work with, then you can start to think about design.

•••
start by doing something original IE dont do another version of gamespy

•••
what did you mean by that?

•••
Originally posted by Mr.NoExperience
what did you mean by that?

theres zillions of game sites out there arnt there?

just do something that never been done, or something theres not alot of.

also getting news before other sites is a good way

•••
Leesly made several good points. Content is key!!! If all you want is for people to see your site once, make it dazzeling and quick and easy to read. But, if you want a site that will attract a lot of new and return viewers, the best way Ive found is to make a site that updates content often and also has some kinda web community. When I say "Web community" Im refering to forums or bulletin boards.

I have found over the years that simple is better. I started out by adding graphics and animation in every sq. in of the site!!! Ill tell you, I got maybe three return viewers!!! Slowly my personal sites became less and less distracting and I got more and more viewers!!! When I designed my current personal site (
Ramz4Wheelin.com ) I tried to keep it as simple as possible. So far I have great sucess.

BTW If you want to learn how to design websites, you need to READ READ READ!!! I read a new book ever day!!!(Although, I am a very fast reader) Also, just like everything else in life, you have to practice. Get free hosting some where like Tripod.com or Geocities and start with one design. Show it off little and then scrap it!!! Start over from scratch!!! Keep doing this until you get the hang of it.

Well, good luck to ya!!!

•••
do all of the above, and also be aware of what different sites look like and why u either keep going back to them, or why u dont

htmlgoodies.com is a good way to learn some coding and some good tricks/tips

its how i learned :)

•••
Originally posted by Leesy
Well the most important thing (for me anyway) is content. You can have the the most amazing looking web site but without some decent content to keep people coming back, your site will be pretty useless. Start off by getting a good subject. Throw together a few ideas and try putting things down on paper before you get to a PC.

Message boards are always a good way of getting people to come back. If you can build up a "community" on your site it wil lensure people come back.

After you have a good idea and plenty of material to work with, then you can start to think about design.

I don't think it could have been said any better. [=
Content is very important.

•••
•••
Hi!
I think u shoud have not just intresting but also useful information, may be a small library of good links, some jokes. If u have smth interesting and new on your page every day, some1 can start from it.

•••
updating content and such on the page is also a good thing to do to keep your visitors coming back.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back