IT.COM

discuss How do most big level brokers get big sales

NameSilo
Watch

domain12345

Established Member
Impact
Hello

I would want to discuss as to what big brokers are doing different in outbound sales?

1) The domains they represent are one word top domains that are easy to sell

2) They have big buyer databases and wide network of clients

3) They dont just cold call or random email but research the right contacts

4) They have big network of domain investors Vs end users

What different is their approach compared to a medium two word keyword domain selling domainer trying to sell via outbound or networking platforms.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are not easy to sell for the best possible price for the buyer and the seller

someone might want to tag some brokers who are active on Namepros and hopefully they can share some insights

•••
I think number one is why they are successful. I would imagine its not outbound only that produces huge sales but an interested party using the broker as the middleman for a stealth acquisition.

So in answer to your question, I would wager only part of broker sales are actually outbound.

•••
Thanks for replies..I see many brokerages have exclusive domain contracts...so once they take them on...There might be a strategy to find new buyers or convert in bound inquiries into 6 digit sales?

•••
Please note the responses are based on what I have read online and I do not have first hand experience with these below but I sincerely believe the information to be accurate to the best of my knowledge.
The domains they represent are one word top domains that are easy to sell
Yes this is the first step. Most Brokers only accept domains with a certain amount of demand/liquidity and a realistic selling price of at least $$,$$$. I can't remember where I read that but...
3) They dont just cold call or random email but research the right contacts
Ali Zandi, a domain seller, shared on DomainSherpa as well as here on namePros how he sold Freedom.com for $1,200,000 and other domains through outbound BUT he used to do rigourous resesrch and had an outbound strategy on how to craft each email and close the sale. And he would send a few carefully targeted emails.
4) They have big network of domain investors Vs end users
Yes this is also a strategy as some brokers have contacts they have established in the industry over time from big domain portfolio investors, developers, portfolio investors who buy and sell websites etc whom they may send out newsletters or even contact directly when they have a name they are brokering. I also read in a blog by MediaOptions that auction may be a strategy where two or three highly relevant businesses are approached for a name and informed that an auction will be set up on a specific date giving enough time for the businesses to arrange the required funds and get authorization.

•••
Good share.. it definately is informative.

Pl post if you have more knowledge. Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back