IT.COM

How do I renew domains at Moniker?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Since Monikers recent changes I cannot figure out how to renew a domain for the life of me. Only thing I can figure out what to do is actually set the option of what happens with renewal once the domain expires.

Can anyone help - their help section was of zero help as well.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello
Since Monikers recent changes I cannot figure out how to renew a domain for the life of me. Only thing I can figure out what to do is actually set the option of what happens with renewal once the domain expires.

1/You go on the left to "payment options". You click on the paypal-link you see and add a minimum of 25 USD. Some days ago it took a day untill the money actually comes into your account, but yesterday immediately nearly the money was on my accountbalance.

2/You go on the left to "renew/delete domains".
You see the list of domains (alfabeticallly). (You can if you want change that by on top clicking on expiration to get the domains in expirationorder from oldest to newest one or fropm newest to oldest one.)

You go to the domainname you want to renew, and on the rightside of the page you'll see "renew after grace period" with arrow down. you click on the arrow down and in the downmenu you choose "renew immediately".

Then the domain should renew immediately with your balance.

(note =>"renew after grace period" is something new in the "new moniker", so it's getting FINALLY BETTER AT MONIKER )

Last edited:
•••

I have a name to renew at moniker and i can't get into the site to renew it. Pretty serious as the name expired a couple of weeks ago unknown to me as i wasn't informed that renewal was due. Contacted support who advised they need my old account number to be able to reset the login details. If i could remember that i probably wouldn't need their support. Have informed them i have no idea what my old login account number was (is it an actual numeric entity) so waiting to hear back. I have renewed it before so not sure if anything has changed with logins.

•••
@opalxx - You should have have written down your old Moniker Account number somewhere. I do this with all of my Registrar accounts. I don't know which browser you use. But I presume they all operate in a somewhat similar way. In FireFox, you could go to your Passwords file, look up www.Moniker.com, and see if it has stored your old username and password.

@Cyphix - I would consider transferring all your Moniker domains out, asap.

•••
I have a name to renew at moniker and i can't get into the site to renew it. Pretty serious as the name expired a couple of weeks ago unknown to me as i wasn't informed that renewal was due. Contacted support who advised they need my old account number to be able to reset the login details. If i could remember that i probably wouldn't need their support. Have informed them i have no idea what my old login account number was (is it an actual numeric entity) so waiting to hear back. I have renewed it before so not sure if anything has changed with logins.

Same thing here....

•••
Given that renewing domains probably accounts for the majority of Moniker's profits, it it is disturbing that experienced domainers are having difficulty. I couldn't work it out either.

This is what happens when you have programmers on staff and no UI experts.

•••
In the beginning of the New Moniker I called to them.
When I logged in I could see a new number and wrote it in a notepad.
From then on I could login with the old and with the new accountnumber.
ANYHOW => This doesn't go anymore.
You should do the following => You CALL to Moniker => You give some domains that should be in your account, AND you give the phonenumber on file of your old account.
THEN YOU ASK to send to the emailaddress on file of your old account with the new loginnumber and your request to give a new password sent to that emailaddres of your old account.

Hope this does it for you.

=> If you can't login you probablyu can't see their supportphon-enumber =>
Here it is =>
Contact us by phone any day of the week.
Toll free in the U.S. and Canada: +1 800-688-6311
Outside the U.S. and Canada: +1 954-607-1294

Monday through Friday
7:00am to 8:00pm US Eastern Standard Time
4:00am to 5:00pm US Pacific Standard Time
11:00am to 12:00 Midnight UTC

Saturday and Sunday
8:00am to 6:00pm US Eastern Standard Time
5:00am to 3:00pm US Pacific Standard Time
Noon to 10:00pm UTC

Last edited:
•••
Hello

1/You go on the left to "payment options". You click on the paypal-link you see and add a minimum of 25 USD. Some days ago it took a day untill the money actually comes into your account, but yesterday immediately nearly the money was on my accountbalance.

What if I just want to renew the name and don't want to deposit money into my account!? I certainly don't want to deposit $25.

@opalxx - You should have have written down your old Moniker Account number somewhere. I do this with all of my Registrar accounts. I don't know which browser you use. But I presume they all operate in a somewhat similar way. In FireFox, you could go to your Passwords file, look up www.Moniker.com, and see if it has stored your old username and password.

@Cyphix - I would consider transferring all your Moniker domains out, asap.

Yeah.... I only have a half a dozen names left there, I usually use DynaDot or NameSilo now...... Moniker used to be one of my main registrars but since Monte left they have seriously gone downhill!

•••
I managed to get them to reply to my request to reset my password after I told them I will sue them for losing my property. The new interface currently sux. Could't figure out as well how to renew my domains. I manage to update them by clicking the "Renew Immediately" option for all. After I funded my account with paypal and I couldnt see at all the amount I sent them in my dashboard. Last, I received an e-mail that my names renewed succesfully, but it took half an hour or so. :S I will move them somewhere else this year, maybe Godaddy because it is cheap with coupons and low prices for bulk renewal.

•••
Well seems I was able to by adding a CC to the account.

•••
Well seems I was able to by adding a CC to the account.

I'm too scared to do that. Heck, I AM a programmer and I couldn't figure out how to renew a domain that is up for renewal. I emailed support and got a reply:

Thank you for contacting Moniker. We apologize that you are having an issue with the shopping cart. this is a known issue that is currently being addressed.

Followed by a series of confusing steps. Luckily I found this thread and thank you Domainstore for posting those steps. I was finally able to fund it via Paypal.

I still can't seem to renew the domain. It's expired and says 'The expiration date of the domain has been exceeded since 9 days' but it's still in my account. I will keep trying.

I might have lost my domain at this point.

•••
I'm too scared to do that. Heck, I AM a programmer and I couldn't figure out how to renew a domain that is up for renewal. I emailed support and got a reply:

Haha I'm a programmer too. It has got to be one of the WORST UI's EVER lol..... they really need to hire a good UX guy to fix their shit up.

•••
I emailed support and got a reply:
(bleh bleh bleh bleh)
Followed by a series of confusing steps. Luckily I found this thread and thank you Domainstore for posting those steps. I was finally able to fund it via Paypal.

I still can't seem to renew the domain. It's expired and says 'The expiration date of the domain has been exceeded since 9 days' but it's still in my account. I will keep trying.

I might have lost my domain at this point.
Unbelievable. Horrible! Inexcusable.

How can Moniker continue with a non-functioning shopping cart interface? I'd be absolutely livid if their long-standing inadequacies caused me to lose a domain/s. In anticipation of that scenario, I'm outta there.

Last edited:
•••
I don't have 25$, and my domain expires today. :(

•••
•••
•••
I no longer have one.

Hmmmmmm.......... u could perhaps try transferring it to another registrar. Though there is no guarantee it would work once it goes into expiration, think it depends on the registrar!?

Last edited:
•••
I think you cant transfer a domain if it expires in 5 days. This one is today, I missed this one because I did not have PP funds.

When I did borrow 20$, I paid it for a hosting account and other domain in Godaddy, and I missed this one in Moniker.

•••
I think you cant transfer a domain if it expires in 5 days. This one is today, I missed this one because I did not have PP funds.

When I did borrow 20$, I paid it for a hosting account and other domain in Godaddy, and I missed this one in Moniker.

You should still be able to renew it; don't think it goes into redemption for about 35 days.

•••
The price is still the same? Or do I have to pay about 80?

•••
The price is still the same? Or do I have to pay about 80?

No, price will still be the same. Only once it goes into redemption will you have to pay a large fee such as that.

Please note though this is general advice for common extensions such as .com - the rules may differ for stuff such as ccTLD's etc.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back