Dynadot

How did Efty go from 50k names to 1 million in 3 months

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

toughdomains

Top Member
Impact
Just saw this post from efty saying they just hit a million names in their system

my question is how do you go from ~50k names in May 2017
https://twitter.com/eftycom/status/870159754399698945

to over 1 million in august?
https://www.domaininvesting.com/efty-hits-1-million-milestone/

whois data says 23k names on their name servers
http://whois.domaintools.com/eftydns.com

If you have a hypothetical 5,000 users that means every user would have had to load average of 200 names. We have data on hundreds of users with the average # of names per user under 50 names

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You must have missed the very first post, and his other posts about efty.

no I didn't mss it

I read it a second time

no hate

just valid questions
-to me

•••
no I didn't mss it

I read it a second time

no hate

just valid questions
-to me

There is hate because of the competition.

That`s why it is posted. He promoted himself mentioned providing a better service.

I checked them up couple of months ago since I saw @Want2learn using their service.

Personally I didn`t find the site useful but I have no experience with though domains so I can`t criticize their service maybe their customers are happy with them maybe not.

Any how this isn`t created to compare which service is better, doron answered his question.

Last edited:
•••
The number of domain names that are using our For-Sale landing pages (aka using our name-server) is around 140,000 at the moment and anybody can easily access this numbers and those of similar/competing services since it's publicly available through services like https://www.domainiq.com/nameserver?eftydns.com or https://dns.link/eftydns.com so it would be kinda silly if we would exaggerate or make up numbers.

Two more thoughts on this...

(1) The 140,000 number is just NameServer use. That doesn't include domains forwarded via redirect. When I tried Efty, they didn't have NS set up yet. I had to use Nameserver.io for bulk forwards. Gotta assume there's a bulk amount forwarding to Efty landing server using other methods.

(2) I assume the 1 million+ number also includes free trial accounts no longer in use. When I came back to Efty (after beta) my domains were still in my account.

In response to those saying @toughdomains created this thread simply to bash Efty, I think that's a little harsh. I think they just wanted a comment, as a competitor, on the 1 Million feat as to them it seemed excessive (maybe jealous) to have that many domains forwarded. I assume, like me, they were mislead to thinking they had 1 million domains forwarded. PR and inflated numbers appears to be what the domain industry is all about. That, and grilling. This thread could have been posted in Efty marketplace review, to consolidate all Efty related NP content. But then OP would have missed out on the PR.

upload_2017-8-24_17-24-5.png

Last edited:
•••
It only takes 1 Efty customer who bought 1,000,000 .XYZ domains for a penny to reach it. The same could be said about other domain discounts (giveaways).

It's merely an empty statistic used to generate hype. (n)

•••

That`s why it is posted. He promoted himself mentioned providing a better service.

I checked them up couple of months ago since I saw @Want2learn using their service.

Personally I didn`t find the site useful but I have no experience with though domains so I can`t criticize their service maybe their customers are happy with them maybe not.

Any how this isn`t created to compare which service is better, doron answered his question.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatred

Hatred or hate is a deep and extreme emotional dislike. It can be directed against individuals, groups, entities, objects, behaviors, or ideas. Hatred is often associated with feelings of anger, disgust and a disposition towards hostility.

•••
•••
You might want to check the word Competition too.

You lose customers and money and get upset.

See how the path goes back to hatred?

I can't see no deep emotion in his post

•••
•••
I was not able to add my plus 5k domains at efty
they did not offer a plan for that

so I guess the OP question is very valid

how come
they increased that much in such a short time??

interesting anway

•••
I was not able to add my plus 5k domains at efty
they did not offer a plan for that

so I guess the OP question is very valid

how come
they increased that much in such a short time??

interesting anway

Wow, big portfolio.

Best of luck.

•••
i am no longer part of this discussion...I dont want to be associated with these attacks

Last edited:
•••

I like the @toughdomains service. I dont hate Efty either. I did at one time use their service, in fact some of those 1million names may belong to me . . .
I think there is both subjective and objective cases to be made for why one likes TD or Efty. I think that in an objective sense, TD currently has the better product. However, there are reasons to use Efty. I think people have to find what they like best and go with it. Naturally things change all the time, so who knows what the future holds.

•••
i am no longer part of this discussion...I dont want to be associated with these attacks
I dont think there are attacks, not what Ive read! People are just discussing things with a little more emotion than normal, but not on the level of hatred;)

•••
everyone should be happy now that this is out of discussions and in free services....a section that does not appear in the the most popular posts tabs....

•••
everyone should be happy now that this is out of discussions and in free services....a section that does not appear in the the most popular posts tabs....
Im so happy I may go buy a car . . .

•••
all I know is that sometime this afternoon I read this thread and when I came back tonight it seems a whole different thread. Worthy of the scroll function as well.
Wow! What a word can do when interjected at the proper time.

Back to my search of a couple words followed by .com that can interject such emotions in someone else......if only for a few moments.
(can't afford just one word so gotta go that route)
what an entertaining place this is

Last edited:
•••
•••
This makes me wonder about my portfolios at Efty and ToughDomains (TD). Say I have the 1,000 name plan at Efty. Does this mean I can add more than 1,000 names to my Efty Account (but only 1,000 of them can have the Efty Nameservers??? And is this also true with TD? I have the free 20-name plan at TD, but does that mean I can add as many names as I want, but only 20 of them can have the TD Nameservers?

•••
I can list unlimited names with TD. I can utilize Name Servers wth TD for ALL my names. I can list those same names anywhere else I like, but can only use one name server provider (so to speak). . . right?

•••
This makes me wonder about my portfolios at Efty and ToughDomains (TD). Say I have the 1,000 name plan at Efty. Does this mean I can add more than 1,000 names to my Efty Account (but only 1,000 of them can have the Efty Nameservers??? And is this also true with TD? I have the free 20-name plan at TD, but does that mean I can add as many names as I want, but only 20 of them can have the TD Nameservers?
Im not sure how other systems work...however we allow you to add potentially unlimited names to manage in the insights section...but the system honors the plan limits for sales pages and domain dev. So if you load more than 20 in the free plan names 21+ will be switched to inactive for sales or news pages but you can still get domain info on all names. Frank mentioned above that he was unable to add more than 5k names so I assume they limit by plan limits.

•••
•••

congrats
now there are attacks
now there is hate

@LarryDomain sorry you lost a lot of respect from me right now

guys: / girls:

a valid question
has not been answered

why do you turn this tread
into something ugly?

why is that?

•••
OP's question is valid, thanks to Doron for answering it.

"Efty announced a milestone on Twitter this morning: the one millionth domain name was recently added to its platform."

First time (early August), when I read about the milestone, I got wrong end of the stick, my fault - thanks to Doron for clarifying.

•••
It was a joke in response to him saying he would leave the thread. So I don't give a rat's as$ for your respect.

congrats
now there are attacks
now there is hate

@LarryDomain sorry you lost a lot of respect from me right now

guys: / girls:

a valid question
has not been answered

why do you turn this tread
into something ugly?

why is that?

•••
It was a joke in response to him saying he would leave the thread. So I don't give a rat's as$ for your respect.

now it completely disappeared somehow

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back