Dynadot

advice How can my computer/browser be so messed up to do this?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mad409

Always thinking outside the box!Top Member
Impact
This is just odd to me, it's only happening with one domain. I registered Brake(dot)shop and all was fine and pointing to my GoDaddy parking page since the 22nd.. Everything looked good on my end and my computer.

When looking at it tonight it's going to a different page and showing a different owner in Whois. WTF?

Called GD and I'm sure they thought I was a nut, all looked fine to them. Guess I should have checked another computer in the house before calling but it really kind of freaked me out. D-:

Checked the wife's computer and all looks OK, so I'm just wondering how I can get these type results on my computer but not elsewhere?

Seems a bit odd to me but maybe there's a reason behind it...

Here's what I'm seeing on my end but other's don't...

So my questions are;

Why on my computer does it go to a different parking page and show another owner in Whois?

On other computers it goes to my GD parking page and shows me in Whois like it should?

And I did clear my cache. :)

Attachments

• brake.shop-1.GIF
    brake.shop-1.GIF
    337.1 KB · Views: 50
  • brake.shop - 4.GIF
    brake.shop - 4.GIF
    33.6 KB · Views: 50
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I too am seeing the DNS page...

•••
Yea I too get redirect to the DNS page when I open a specific site...
But after some time I try again and all good...
Dont know what's happening :)

•••
I too am seeing the DNS page...

Thanks, now it's really getting weird. GD checked, after a 40 min. wait and confirmed Whois and said it was going to their parking page. It's in my account, does anyone else see the same as my shots below? TY..

•••
Can someone check Whois and see if it shows what's in my screenshot below on your end? It's appreciated as this seems quite odd..

•••
Checked 3 different WHOIS services, they all show Innovation HQ as the owner.

•••
Checked 3 different WHOIS services, they all show Innovation HQ as the owner.

Thanks, that's what I see, don't know what going on here. Here's all my screen shots, shows it in my account and the GD parking page others are seeing too.

Attachments

• brake.shop-1.GIF
    brake.shop-1.GIF
    337.1 KB · Views: 40
  • break.shop-2.GIF
    break.shop-2.GIF
    2.8 KB · Views: 49
  • break.shop -3.GIF
    break.shop -3.GIF
    97.4 KB · Views: 47
  • brake.shop - 4.GIF
    brake.shop - 4.GIF
    33.6 KB · Views: 40
  • break.shop - 5.GIF
    break.shop - 5.GIF
    5.6 KB · Views: 43
•••
•••
Just went back to my wife's computer and now it's all resolving to what I've been talking about. Even hers isn't showing the correct stuff now. :|

So it's not my computer after all..

•••
•••
you registered break not brake ,

•••
Looks like I get the dumb ass award of the year, geesh can't believe I made this mistake.

Sorry everyone..:-$

•••
Looks like I get the dumb ass award of the year, geesh can't believe I made this mistake.

Sorry everyone..:-$
lol don't worry about it most of us have done it ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back