Dynadot

question How can I rent my domain ?

NameSilo
Watch

mike2100

Established Member
Impact
I have a very good, huge potential domain name, I can't sell it because I don't have a control panal, what should I do?

it's a country level domain hack ,like Youtu dot be or goo dot gl , i can't sell the domain because of some ristrictions by the rigistrar , they dont have a control panal , only thing you can do is to change the DNS by emailing them your request , the domain has my email on whois ,
how can i rent it to some one , ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
best to transfer to a registrar, where you can manage it yourself.

however, if you haven't received any offers to buy it, then probably no one is interested in renting it.

imo....

•••
Use more bold and larger fonts in threads like that and hapiness will come..

•••
gotta make sure your control panel can support a rental scheme

once done, advertize it ewerywhere they accept that.. including in right forum here on np.

gl

Last edited:
•••
best to transfer to a registrar, where you can manage it yourself.

however, if you haven't received any offers to buy it, then probably no one is interested in renting it.

imo....
no one even knows about it yet , it's a ccTLD , so i think i can't transfer it

•••
what i meant , how can i find the right custumer to rent it to , is there any specialized market for that ?

•••
maybe post it in appraisal section

because without knowing the actual domain name, then how can anyone have an interest in it?

•••
There is hardly any demand for renting domains, much less than domain sales.
It's like Biggie says, if nobody has ever inquired about buying it, unlikely that there is any interest in renting either.
But if you say you are not allowed to sell it, then it's too much of a hurdle.

•••
I have a very good, huge potential domain name

I feel nostalgic reading these words. That first handregged domain name... ;)

•••
•••
It is not impossible. A friend of mine used to rent a domain for years, but of course it is complicated and you both need some seious trust or a lawyer and a contract. It makes sense only if you have somethng serious which for some reason can not be sold and you can't use it yourself.
The problem is that when the person who rents it builds a bussiness and stars making serious money, you will start feeling like losing by renting your golden hen for cents. At the other had he will always feel insecure investing while escpecting you to change mind or conditions. Even you deal on some percent of the profit, you will still always doubt if the decision had been right and if the other side is not cheating (by hidding profits for instance). And the renter may chose to stop paying you and sloly to rebrand to something he owns. What would you do with the once nice domain who is staedily associated with his business?
My friend does not use that domain any more, altrough it was nice and he used to live by that business.

Guys, not all extencions are that easy. Some natonal ones (like mine) are harder ot get - you have to proof that you own a registerd trademark with that name, are a citizen of that country etc. Some natonal regulators have decided to make thedomain speclations hard. Also check about the gTLDs and Trademark Clearinghouse (if haven't alrady).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back