NameSilo

How Brandbucket approve names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ComboNames

ComboNames.comEstablished Member
Impact
Hi guys,
I'm just wondering who is responsible for approving domain names on BB , I've visited their portfolio many times and some domains don't even worth being there (not brandable nor good as a business name at all), another hand some people own such great domain names but BB keep rejecting them? does it have to do anything with countries and where that owners live ? do the BB guys need a bribe or something for approval !?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BB has a set of guidelines to approve names but you have to realize that ultimately there is a human being deciding which names get approved. They stated that there are 6 people in the staff responsible for approving submissions. There is no way to avoid a subjective evaluation of a name when we are talking brandables, so there's always going to be some controversy.

•••
review the list of sales that happened in the past month on sedo or gd, can you understand all the sales and the prices paid?

My point is that just like we cant always understand why a certain guy is chasing some woman that to us looks nasty, we cant always understand why some people chase and spend big money on a domain that looks horrible,

Overall most on BB is good names

•••
I often get end user inquiries for names rejected by BB.

I highly doubt they have formula for good names, very high % of the names there are types that would never get any attention from a company seeking a new brand.

They also are heavily patterns in how they determine what is a good name. Meaning, often they will take in all the names fitting the pattern, no matter how ugly it sounds or looks.

I see some names listed on NP as approved on BB and even at bargain prices I can't bring myself around to pay for them and hold them.

Now, of course, BB has great collection of word+word, 4L.com etc. names, and some 5L, 6L brandables, no doubt about that.

•••
I often get end user inquiries for names rejected by BB.

I highly doubt they have formula for good names, very high % of the names there are types that would never get any attention from a company seeking a new brand.

They also are heavily patterns in how they determine what is a good name. Meaning, often they will take in all the names fitting the pattern, no matter how ugly it sounds or looks.

I see some names listed on NP as approved on BB and even at bargain prices I can't bring myself around to pay for them and hold them.

Now, of course, BB has great collection of word+word, 4L.com etc. names, and some 5L, 6L brandables, no doubt about that.
totally agree with this

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back