IT.COM

question How are sales handled when outside of marketplaces like Sedo, Dan, etc. ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

turbo funk

Established Member
Impact
I think i'm ready to start trying to sell some domains and i don't want to look like a complete rookie when that first sale happens lol. I've never sold anything online so i'm not very familiar with how people make exchanges safely. Would anyone be able to give me an idea of how a transaction usually plays out? thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Do you have any experience with sales contracts or contract law knowledge? If not probably should use a purchased solution.

•••
I think i'm ready to start trying to sell some domains and i don't want to look like a complete rookie when that first sale happens lol. I've never sold anything online so i'm not very familiar with how people make exchanges safely. Would anyone be able to give me an idea of how a transaction usually plays out? thanks
Hello! Check out Epik's Escrow Service here: https://www.epik.com/services/escrow/
My direct email is [email protected] if you have any questions.

•••
I hear great things about Epik, but can't (Yet) give you a personal take. I will be moving some names there shortly.

#1. Get an email that is a real domain email - not free email.

As a beginner & if you are concerned about negotiating (common here & all sales positions).

Get yourself a marketplace, Efty, Dan, Sedo, even something as simple as Bodis if you want offer landers - your own lander, whatever. If they are not listed (meaning I can type the url and get there) they are not selling.

For a beginner it may be easiest to use Afternic for you main (buy it now marketplace). Set your names to fast transfers and point all your names to Afternic.

This will have the GoDaddy Logo all over your lander - helps the buyers trust - +++ something I think many don't know or take advantage of.

The Afternic Brokers - all phone #s on the landers lead to them, they are all trained Broker, Sales, & Service people - & they answer the phone 24/7.

Use them as your inbound and phone negotiators until you build a comfort level, & focus that learning curve time on: 1. learning 2. building out the parts of your business you are stronger at. e.g. Social marketing, SEO,, etc.

Hope that helps

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back