Dynadot

Host can't cancel/refund order due to Patriot Act? lol

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

OpticPhreak

Code NinjaEstablished Member
Impact
smartseohosting.com can't cancel/refund a new order due to Patriot Act? lol I asked for a refund and no services have even been rendered.... they don't have what I need and their support is a joke... I am thinking 1 or 2 man operation. To cancel and reverse the charge to it's original source, I have to prove my identity? They are an Australian Company and the patriot act has nothing to do with this type of situation. I think they just want to make it harder to chargeback, nothing more.

Am I right?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
chat.png

ticket2.png

ticket1.png

•••
Please move this to the proper scam alert area.

•••
Something tells me that, with a name such as "smartseohosting," they are not new to the ripoffreport. I have never personally done business with them, but they seem to have a number of loopholes to jump out of to keep from ever having to provide any service at all.

I am always weary about SEO hosting, because quality SEO and quality hosting have very little to do with one another. They probably have a server with tons of IPs and decided to be a web host one day. Good with getting new client sign ups (due to their proficiency in SEO), but obviously inexperienced on delivering the hosting service. Hope this is remedied for you!

•••
Oddly, that name wasn't in the RipOffReport db. They also terminated my account without ever providing services or refund.

My bank is handling it now, but have to get new card.

I just needed IPs so I can do my mass emailing, 100% legit and CAN SPAM COMPLIANT, through many IPs to not get throttled all the time. Oh well, lesson learned about "discount deals".

•••
**UPDATE**

They just responded with this idiotic empty threat:

Hi Jeffery,

I am forwarding this to our legal team.
Have a chat with your lawyer as he is going to be very happy for the money you are going to need to spend in court for the next 5 years.

See you in court.

Kind Regards,
Smart SEO Hosting Support.

----------------------------------------------
Ticket ID: #197517
Subject: Is Exim configured to send email through the domain's dedicated IP?
Ticket URL: https://www.smartseohosting.com/client/viewticket.php?tid=197517&c=kv0rFBQg

So they can afford 5 years of legal fees, but not to refund $64? ROFL

Last edited:
•••
**UPDATE**
They just responded with this idiotic empty threat:

Hi Jeffery,

I am forwarding this to our legal team.
Have a chat with your lawyer as he is going to be very happy for the money you are going to need to spend in court for the next 5 years.

See you in court.

Kind Regards,
Smart SEO Hosting Support.

----------------------------------------------
Ticket ID: #197517
Subject: Is Exim configured to send email through the domain's dedicated IP?
Ticket URL: https://www.smartseohosting.com/client/viewticket.php?tid=197517&c=kv0rFBQg

So they can afford 5 years of legal fees, but not to refund $64? ROFL
Ha, ha, ha... EXACTLY!

You might want to post REVIEWS of your experience with SmartSEOHosting.com on some of the webhosting service sites such as WebHostTalking.com, etc. This way anyone is thinking about hosting on/with WebSEOHosting.com and are looking for reviews of it they can see what your experience was like.

•••
mass emails through different ip's?

you mean the emails domain investors are sick and tired of receiving? ol

not the ones they did not ask for don't want and have to waste half their day constantly deleting ? Lol

why not use just the one ip so that those receiving such emails only need to block one ip? lol

•••
PLATEY: No trolling new guy, we have a high open, click and retain rate. Since you are oblivious, we run a very popular premium service and sending too many from one IP at a time causes you to be throttled, slowed down. So it is common practice to send from a few IPs, also giving the benefit of splitting the server load across numerous servers.

I went there for the price and value advertised in Adwords, not blackhat reasons. Your pre-assumption was ignorant at best and it's not very professional, also showing your lack of email marketing knowledge.

Stop saying LOL to yourself, nothing you wrote is funny nor correct, just ignorant and childish.

Last edited:
•••
Ha, ha, ha... EXACTLY!

You might want to post REVIEWS of your experience with SmartSEOHosting.com on some of the webhosting service sites such as WebHostTalking.com, etc. This way anyone is thinking about hosting on/with WebSEOHosting.com and are looking for reviews of it they can see what your experience was like.

Yeah I hit ripoffreport and reported them to Adwords, where I found them advertised. They just replied aain saying they'll see me in court in 40 days. Man, I wish I could get a court date that fast with my ex-wife HA.

•••
All this over $64??? SmartSEOHosting.com's attorney must sure work cheap!

Also, I would think this amount would put this in Small Claims Court and I didn't think attorneys were allowed in there. (At least in most US jurisdictions.)

Last edited:
•••
Especially from Australia. Need him/her for a few things.

•••
•••

At that comment? Clarification... that it is very cheap to try to sue from Australia to the USA for $64 and I need a lawyer that cheap.

Last edited:
•••
Lots of online companies; that just want your money, without providing service. Crooks and scums slimy...report..

•••
Ah gotcha, true that man. Things used to be a lot easier online, still had scams but now 90% seems to be BS.

•••
Nothing, I don't like people taking advantage of people; either monetary or service. Both stinks.

•••
Gotcha, well luckily I found the perfect solution.... IMPACT VPS. I ordered a huge custom package and can split it into 10, 20, even 50 VPSes.

•••
All this over $64??? SmartSEOHosting.com's attorney must sure work cheap!

Also, I would think this amount would put this in Small Claims Court and I didn't think attorneys were allowed in there. (At least in most US jurisdictions.)
Small claims court, you have to go to the city hall files papers.

Files paper= $38 bucks
Time spent= XX
car parking meter = xx
Stress= xx
----------------------------------
Total: :xf.eek:

•••
Hello All,

We had to create an account so we can response to this post and provide our side of story.
Being new to this community let me first introduce our offering.

We are a seo hosting provider that provides IPs from 120+ different datacenters from all around the world all managed from a single whm account.
That is very true that traditional seo hosting companies have a single computer behind a single router with many ip addresses but what we offer is ips from all around the world and not just a single datacenter or single server.

We are very glad to be a part of this community as many of highly respected domain traders are our very good and loyal customers and notified us of this post.

Now back to this case!
Due to the nature of our business and huge ip space we have, unfortunately we are a target of email spammers. There is not a day that goes by that we do not have few spammers signing up on our site (mostly from Russia but from time to time we get 1 or 2 from USA too) that we have to manually verify and reject to protect our ip space reputation and stay within the boundaries of law.

As you will see this particular order has all the signs of an email spammer which we needed to verify.
This customers ordered 30 different IPs from 30 different datacenters and all from different states in the US. This by itself is not a flag as all our clients order from different datacenters.

The first red flag was the order, as you can see in the stripe screenshot the first payment was rejected by the issuing bank as fraud/stolen card, 6 minutes later using a different credit card the order was paid.
fraud-stripe.png

The order was then automatically approved after the payment and all 30 ips were assigned to his account.

The second red flag was the main domain name of the order "subscribernexus.com" which as you can see is less than 2 months old and sounds very much like a mailing list. To put this in perspective, almost all our clients have expensive and aged domains and not just random domain names.
whois.png

The 3rd red flag was the ticket he opened and asked for smtp port and exim configuration on all those 30 domains to be changed so he can send mass emails. He also asked for PTR for all does ips to be changed as according to him, gmail might block his email. Again seo experts looking to host their PBN do not ask or need any of those and unless someone is after a mass mailing solution none of these applies.

At this point and in order for us to be able to change PTR of that many ips and by so many different providers, we needed to verify his identity. This is a safeguard and legal responsibility. This is a very standard process (check mailgun mandrilapp and so on)
As you can see in the screenshot all we asked was for him to verify his identity and business purpose before we can open 30 different datacenters to this unknown individual.
support.png

For probably obvious reason he did not want to verify his identity meanwhile we got an email from one of the datacenters notifying us that one of the ips is now blocked because of spam activities.

spam-alert.png

This is all despite the fact that as you can see after we got the spam alert from the datacenter we refunded his payment.
fraud-stripe.png

This is a mater of illegal activities on rented space, potential identity or credit card theft which ended with attacks on our companies reputation.
We have forwarded this to our legal agent as I am sure any one would do to protect their business and customers.

At the end of the day we will do anything in our power to make sure our ip space remains clean and no spammer ends up using any of our ips.
As many of you already know and considering the value of domains that are hosted on our networks we are very picky when it comes to accept new customers.
As always our main goal is to keep our existing client base and help them grow their network and protect their domains rather than focusing on accepting risky clients.

Regards,
Smart SEO Hosting.

PS:
and-last.png

•••
Cupcake...

Yes you (supposedly) refunded AFTER all the crap you gave me.
You do not treat customers like that. You acted like a damned childish buffoon. Also, it is a standard EXIM and Cpanel feature to send the emails through the IPs dedicated to the domains, this keeps the SPF, PTR,DKIM and everything else matching to show Gmail and everyone that it is legit and who the responsible party is. Nothing red flag about it, I have done it with Rackspace for years. It's called "responsible email practice".

The first red flag, yes since you are out of my country, Bank of America flagged it to call me and verify that it was from me. So then I approved it and they told me to retry.

I never asked anything about SMTP Ports.

I just bought subscribernexus.com and have never emailed from it, or used it at all. So, you're just digging for scraps now. It's brand new never used. That screenshot you posted, interesting since I have never used that domain and you never setup my hosting so how would you send me something like that? Now you are fabricating false evidence. Tell you what, you find ONE EMAIL sent from that domain and I will give you $64 free.... you obviously need it. SubscriberNexus was a domain I planned to setup my new Opt-in system using the Aweber API instead of always sending straight to their site, I never even planned to email from that domain, that domain was strictly for nameservers and Website/Database Hosting.

Also, we email through Aweber genius, never sending email from our servers. Had our numbers been spammy, aweber would have shut us down... everyone knows that they are strict. We've used them for years without issue, not even high complaint rates. I told you this, in the screenshot you posted. Never has a host had an issue with how we do things, because we do it all 100% by the book. So, grow up... this behavior right here is why I reported you.

Look at the bounce and complaint rates from two most recent mass emails, double opt-in btw:
aweberss.png

That complaint rate includes people clicking SPAM in gmail. This sure does go against your lies.

Next... Again you never setup my account so how could my IPs that you NEVER ASSIGNED get blocked for spam? Are you some kind of idiot? Even the verification email you set had NO IPs:

noIPs.png

So, if you never told me the IPs or any of that and I never sent a single email from the account or even uploaded a single file... how would those IPs being spammy have anything to do with me? I just ordered yesterday, interesting there is no time or timestamp in the screenshot you fabricated. It's obviously from you or a previous customer. So, again thank you for posting this and proving my point more-so.

I still see no refund by the way. Not even in pending transactions. Even Bank of America said to cut up my card and get a new one issued over this BS.... that what you said, they read it too... was highly irregular and probably phishing. Asking for my ID only after I ask for a refund... wtf?

Lastly, you never sent me anything asking for ID until after I asked for a refund. Not an email, not a ticket, NOTHING. So, stop your BSing. Had you asked for my ID within a few hours of ordering, I would have supplied it. However, as you see in the screenshots you posted, I took you into conversation asking your questions and you NEVER ONE mentioned me having to show ID until I asked for a refund.

Now had you answered my questions like a professional and an adult, notified me of any worries and just pretended to be a grown up... we would have resolved this without issue. I have NEVER EVER had a company act like you before. GROW UP.

You lost a very good company as a client. We devote thousands to hosting monthly and due to your Google Ad, we wanted to try you out to migrate over and save a few bucks. So, you just shot yourself in the foot big time and f***ed with the wrong man. The customer always comes first, for any legit and ethical company.... you do not treat customers like that.... and then cry about it when we fight back.

One last thing... so if someone doesn't used an aged domain for a new project, they are a scam or spammer? You people are pathetic. I would NEVER move an aged domain or live site to an untested service provider that nobody has heard of, are you insane? We are a million dollar a year company, it does not work like that. We will stick to Rackspace and IMACTVPS thank you very much, good bye.

Last edited:
•••
I did just now get a confirmation of refund. That's all I wanted, not to be treated like crap. IMPACT VPS got our patronage instead, didn't care if it's block IPs or not, was looking at PRICE, CONVENIENCE and QUALITY OF SERVICE. Shoot, your phone support has an hour wait ROFL!

•••
If the customer didn't even get or use the service I still don't see why the refund was such an issue. A business is going lose a lot more by giving paying customers a hard time. My 2¢

•••
And a reminder... what is wrong with legal and ethical mass emailing? I guess all fortune 500 companies should be shut down and the employees thrown in prison. What a tool. I told you that I would be sending through aweber derp.

•••
Final thought next time anybody bring shit or issues here at NP, NamePro will be charging both parties for giving us all headaches:'(I thought the election was over :oops:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back