IT.COM

Host can't cancel/refund order due to Patriot Act? lol

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

OpticPhreak

Code NinjaEstablished Member
Impact
smartseohosting.com can't cancel/refund a new order due to Patriot Act? lol I asked for a refund and no services have even been rendered.... they don't have what I need and their support is a joke... I am thinking 1 or 2 man operation. To cancel and reverse the charge to it's original source, I have to prove my identity? They are an Australian Company and the patriot act has nothing to do with this type of situation. I think they just want to make it harder to chargeback, nothing more.

Am I right?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
And a reminder... what is wrong with legal and ethical mass emailing? I guess all fortune 500 companies should be shut down and the employees thrown in prison. What a tool. I told you that I would be sending through aweber derp.
Sample of that spam oops I mean legal and ethical mass emailing ?

•••
Kate

Aren't you a nosey little troll? Bored much? Drama much?

No, I am not here to post our newsletters and tutorials for you, that our clients PAY to receive. This was a thread to expose someone for being dishonest. Funny how the nuts come out of the woodwork to make accusations. I guess you must think all mass email is spam. But, honestly I don't care what you think. The Feds say we are legal according to US Law and Aweber agrees, and the aweber complaint rates I posted prove it's not spam. So grow up. Double opt-ins that also pay monthly subscriptions don't work long term if you are spamming. Frankly, the fact that you only hand out dislikes and lurk here looking to cause trouble all of the time means I probably have a lot more success than you. Go look for trouble somewhere else, the negativity and ignorance isn't needed nor wanted.

Last edited:
•••
Well, glad you got it resolved. Personally I wouldn't signup to any website that has SEO in the url lol, but that's just me :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

•••
lol, lesson learned. I usually avoid "seo experts/gurus" as snake oil salesman, but they seemed worth a try at the price.

•••
I know what you mean ;) nothing wrong with giving them a try!

•••
Judging from their responses and behavior, I would guess that it is a couple of youths who are trying to be web hosts

•••
Small claims court, you have to go to the city hall files papers.

Files paper= $38 bucks
Time spent= XX
car parking meter = xx
Stress= xx
----------------------------------
Total: :xf.eek:

Some people sue for fun and principles (allegedly)

•••
PLATEY: No trolling new guy, we have a high open, click and retain rate. Since you are oblivious, we run a very popular premium service and sending too many from one IP at a time causes you to be throttled, slowed down. So it is common practice to send from a few IPs, also giving the benefit of splitting the server load across numerous servers.

I went there for the price and value advertised in Adwords, not blackhat reasons. Your pre-assumption was ignorant at best and it's not very professional, also showing your lack of email marketing knowledge.

Stop saying LOL to yourself, nothing you wrote is funny nor correct, just ignorant and childish.

(allegedly) i use the word lol too much? And?

new boy? to domain name investing? Possibly

but not to database and search
And identifying patterns of behaviour

I quite enjoyed reading the reply from smart SEO hosting

interesting reading

•••
patriot-act-button.jpg

•••
Kate

No, I am not here to post our newsletters and tutorials for you, that our clients PAY to receive. This was a thread to expose someone for being dishonest.
Sure, but we like to hear both sides of the story. After all you posted this, so let's talk about it. Not taking sides at this point, though. But are you sure you are disclosing all the facts ?

But if you use the same tone in all instances, you shouldn't be surprised that even suppliers are showing you the door.

They could indeed be a bunch of total amateurs, but a new client account is always suspicious and scrutinized. If you trigger their antispam filters within hours of establishing an account (in addition to other red flags they are talking about), any legitimate hosting service would immediately look into what's going on.

I guess you must think all mass email is spam.
Most of the time, it probably is. It's easy to dismiss the nuisance when you're not on the receiving hand isn't it. They say you've been sending spam. So what exactly are you sending ? Is it double opt-in, a mix of everything, or something else ? Because Can spam compliant obviously doesn't mean opt-in.

•••
for some time now here on np many have been complaining about simply adding a new reg of the day and almost immediately or within a couple of days being heavily spammed with logo SEO and web design rubbish and no one seems to know where it it coming from or who is doing it and many people just dismissing it as you can't stop it etc or it must be coming from gd etc as i have heard it said

lets just say i'm not so sure

the people sending the rubbish unwanted emails must either be watching the new reg of the day threads or showcasing new domains etc or some not all may even be creating threads that suit the email content they intend to send etc?

(allegedly)

•••
This reaction of the OP over a matter of $64 Dollars is borderline insane.

The only worse reaction I can think of, over such a small ammount, was the murder of Doc Brown over a matter of $80 Dollars.

latest

•••
Again, account was never established. He is showing fake "evidence". Never had an account, no IPs, nothing. No emails ever sent, no website uploaded. I literally JUST signed up for them 24 hours ago from the time of posting. give or take a cpl hours. He fabricated it all. I am done here. I have work to do and do not have time to debate with people I do not know at all.

I posted to prevent others from having to cancel their credit card as I did. Good bye.

Last edited:
•••
Sure, but we like to hear both sides of the story. After all you posted this, so let's talk about it. Not taking sides at this point, though. But are you sure you are disclosing all the facts ?

But if you use the same tone in all instances, you shouldn't be surprised that even suppliers are showing you the door.

They could indeed be a bunch of total amateurs, but a new client account is always suspicious and scrutinized. If you trigger their antispam filters within hours of establishing an account (in addition to other red flags they are talking about), any legitimate hosting service would immediately look into what's going on.

Most of the time, it probably is. It's easy to dismiss the nuisance when you're not on the receiving hand isn't it. They say you've been sending spam. So what exactly are you sending ? Is it double opt-in, a mix of everything, or something else ? Because Can spam compliant obviously doesn't mean opt-in.

We use double opt in with aweber.

•••
Some people sue for fun and principles (allegedly)
Not for fun; it was for learning to be patient on the road. And save lives for everybody on the road. I win, and for the other drivers too.

•••
Kate

No, I am not here to post our newsletters and tutorials for you, that our clients PAY to receive. This was a thread to expose someone for being dishonest. Funny how the nuts come out of the woodwork to make accusations. I guess you must think all mass email is spam. But, honestly I don't care what you think. The Feds say we are legal according to US Law and Aweber agrees, and the aweber complaint rates I posted prove it's not spam. So grow up. Double opt-ins that also pay monthly subscriptions don't work long term if you are spamming. Frankly, the fact that you only hand out dislikes and lurk here looking to cause trouble all of the time means I probably have a lot more success than you. Go look for trouble somewhere else, the negativity and ignorance isn't needed nor wanted.

Speaking of Trolls...
What a horrible comment to make to a member of your community or to anyone actually...
YOU came here in a rant spewing all kinds of shit we listened, some replied

BUT then the REAL reason came out in the other half of the equation
Your condescending tone is also as disgusting as the responses you received from the company
you are here trashing, WE are a community of people willing to support, be nice when you are here

So stop calling people names,! Get over it How about it huh?
because then we can maybe take your Ramblings about not being able to spam people a little more seriously!

•••
Like I said, good bye. I don't talk to trolls that can't read. I responded accordingly with how I was spoken to, if you don't like that, then block me.

Last edited:
•••
"smartseohosting" This name sounds spammy and scammy.

•••
I did receive the refund, for that I thank you. Was all I wanted, not some crap about the patriot act.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back