Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

NameSilo
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You folks are to much.
Can't talk about names so you talk about people. Everyone who disagrees with you is me ? LOL
Good luck with that. Grow up.

Didn't you guys create a XR thread 6 years ago so you didn't have to listen to contrary opinions ?
Not enough action there ?
Relax mate all good hopefully soon we all have some sales to talk about

•••
I’m not going to invest in Ai domain names, but I am looking at other way I can make money with Ai.

I’m not sure how you can call Ai an “investor frenzy” Ai is inevitable and it’s going to be as revolutionary as electricity/antibiotics and World Wide Web.

Immersive tech is also inevitable in my opinion, but whether the time is now for this tech or not I’m not sure.

But one thing I do know is Immersive tech is not going to be as revolutionary as the 3 I said above, immersive tech’s potential is being like television, Ai is on a whole different level in terms of the impact it’s going to have on the world and how it’s going to change everything (hopefully for the better).
1st, good luck with investing in AI outside of domains. I mean that. One can make money not just from it but the misconceptions of it. Many are doing just that.

My good man, I know you have been doing this long enough to know the difference between great tech or even moderate tech and the need for domains to describe it. Meaning who actually need to use the term in their marketing enough to make it their internet domain way of finding them. It is only a address.
Always some. But look at the quantity of names reg'd. You can't tell me that 99% of all those reg's are not going down the toilet.
Not that names/term will not be used in many ways. But it's where it counts in domains.
I don't collect terms. I invest in domains likely to be needed.

There are at least 3 meta/metaverse names in registration for every company in the US. Not even .00001% in use.
And that is not likely to quadruple in 3 years or even 5.
And we can look similarly to each term that keeps getting blown out of proportion.
I think that starts with anyone calculating the scope of the need. Then the segments of it that are more likely.
Obviously, they skip those steps. Go for the available name instead.
Nothing wrong with putting a few markers down on a potential term. But 50+ ?

I think I would call it 'over-reactions'

===

I would invite anyone to look-up the top 20 VR software companies and look at the domains they use.
That should wake someone up. While you may disagree with their choices, know they are big enough to do whatever they want or need. And the marketing folks get to make those calls most often. At least a thumb on the scale.

Here is a list of 2023 top VR co's https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/top-virtual-reality-companies/
Just look up their domains. Some but not many. A well established segment. A few did pre-exist our niche.
Then do the same for their products and then your favorite term and it's field of top co's.
Need can be revealing.
I get it... it's what will be. Not what is. But you only have the data on how it has worked thus far and does anyone think it's going to change fundamentally just for a term. The need for a term in a domain name.

If I had the need for a VR software 'product' I would likely use the term in the domain. But the company that I formed to represent my products, not necessarily. Think about that some.

The last time I was really caught up in it myself was 3D in '07-2010 and it was geo domains before that.
But that is when a lot of stuff was still coming online for the first time. Demand was near it's highest levels.
We have experience and spans of data now. And things are much slower and lighter.

Last edited:
•••
While I give kudo's to Zucky for what he has said about China, it comes with a price.
(know I don't particularly like him)
So he now works on a workaround to get sales in China...
https://www.ledinside.com/news/2023/7/2023_07_10_03

Sales in the US and EU can't support his investment. Yet
In a few years, shareholders will put their foot down if they do not get results.
While I do not like/trust them in general, I don't want to see them fail.
Apple can not fill the lower end void that would develop. Progress would be slower.
Gee wiz, we have had enough set-backs. Supply issues remain for all of them.

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••

And it looks like the low end of the spectrum is where they will shoot from.

I think the Quest Pro is going to be canned.

Meta Cuts Back on High-End VR/AR Headsets to Focus on More Affordable Options

https://fagenwasanni.com/ai/meta-cu...ts-to-focus-on-more-affordable-options/66314/

I think I mentioned 5 years ago that it is better to build from the bottom up than the top down. At the time, I was complimenting Google's efforts, which we still have not seen the last of. The low-end-up is better for domains.

•••
•••
If you want a lesson on 'Branding' and 'Domains' along with 'Trademark'
Pay close attention to what is going on with Elon Musk with Twitter and his brand 'X'
or should I say, want to be brand 'X' with x.com
We may get a few court lessons with this. But domain investors should be paying attention.
It's not very often what I talk about in the relationship of these 3 things shines through in such a visible way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X.com

•••
•••
VR in sports still growing in baby steps. I'll take it.
But also notice they did not need a special domain for this one. Existing entity.
Perhaps others will when it is more popular and we have competition.
Sports media is a very controlled thing. It's not like anyone has the right to broadcast or stream it.
So, it has it's limitations even if it is a big thing.

DAZN_Fight.jpeg

•••
•••
•••
I've got the following ones:

XRVoid
EvoVisor
OnlyVisor & OnlyVisors

in com.

•••
ScenicAR () com
FantasyMR () com

•••
Not my sale:
immersivetours.com1,831 USD2023-08-31GoDaddy

•••
Just added the following ones:

XRSplit
HiddenAR
HiddenVR
HiddenXR
PickVR

As with everything - you won't know until you take the risk.
All in com.

Last edited:
•••
Not my sale:

arspectacles.com5,000 USD2023-09-17Nof Investments

•••
•••
shit name for 5k is good times indeed heheh... I got vrspectacle
I was thinking the same.
No doubt, an investor trying to get something in the space.
I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Will wait for it to resolve to something other than a afternic landing..

Last edited:
•••
•••
I was thinking the same.
No doubt, an investor trying to get something in the space.
I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Will wait for it to resolve to something other than a afternic landing..

yes for sure.. no sane domainer would do it especially if he knows about vr ar etc.. my singular spectacle is already bit of a stretch ... plurals are rarely worth more or more sellable. and I dont mean glasses. cheers

•••
Grabbed ARShowtime and XRShowtime coms.

Last edited:
•••
So, the Quest 3 was revealed a few days ago.
I did not see much fanfare on this except for the Meta Dev emails.
Is it becoming a norm? Or just no major, but minor breakthroughs ?

In any case not much in the surprise area as most of the details were leaked in advance.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/27/met...3-vr-headset-as-apple-competition-looms-.html

So Meta will dominate the low end and Apple the high end.
Who will be in that precious middle ? Room to grow yet. I'm sure we have not seen the last of new stuff to be.
I will just be happy to see highly capable units in the hands of end users.
This ships Oct 10. Far in advance of Apple.

•••
So, the Quest 3 was revealed a few days ago.
I did not see much fanfare on this except for the Meta Dev emails.
Is it becoming a norm? Or just no major, but minor breakthroughs ?

In any case not much in the surprise area as most of the details were leaked in advance.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/27/met...3-vr-headset-as-apple-competition-looms-.html

So Meta will dominate the low end and Apple the high end.
Who will be in that precious middle ? Room to grow yet. I'm sure we have not seen the last of new stuff to be.
I will just be happy to see highly capable units in the hands of end users.
This ships Oct 10. Far in advance of Apple.
Quest 3 is kinda huge because it's only $499 and provides both: VR and AR, while Quest 2 was strictly a VR headset. Their only 'mixed reality' headset as they like to call it was Meta Quest Pro which was initially $1.5k, now reduced to $999. Quest 3 is also overall a significantly better headset.

•••
nice recent vr sale not mine..sorry forgot peice middish 4fig com

vrobotics

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back