NameSilo

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are industry summits, associations, schools, developers and news outlets with "XR" on their brand names
But not in their domain names ? That would be a NEED if it were there.

Kinda reminds me when many in these threads were using google search 'results' for name popularity.
When they should have been paying attention to google 'adwords' for advertisement keyword buys.

I see the term all over the place and it has not seemed to equate to names need.
If not now, when ?

Apple did not do it for you. They have never used the term, despite all the bad info stating otherwise many bought into.
And that despite me saying it out loud many times here. It's like I never said it at all even now.
I was spot-on it.

I have outlined a number of times in this thread as to it's source.
It's Qualcomm who 'started' it, promoted it to be the competitor to Intel's open source project Alloy (now defunct) and you will see more of it in everyone who uses their products in their devices.
So, as everyone in Qualcomm world uses the term over the next year in their products, is that when it will be a thing ?
Meta, HP, Lenovo etc all except Apple and MagicLeap2 in stand-alones who do not use their chips.
That does not stop others from describing their products with the term, so it remains to be seen if that can equate to a need for names. But when?

And just because a few domain'rs spotted the term and ran with it and hyped the hidden Qualcomm hype even more as there were plenty of names available and for good reason. As they came late to the game with existing terms, something else has to be the term used. So they proceeded to convince everyone else.and happy there were available names.
You can't break the rules over want and name availability. You can keep the hype to get a fair price from other investors
End users have not shown for this game.. Even though everything has now evolved with the term for years.

While I can still see some use for the term in domains, it is limited because it is to broad.
Every time I see the term in a headline article, it is followed with the exact terms of VR / AR within to speak specifically.

I hold about 6 XR names. And while I still wait and see, I find it more likely I will end up selling them to investors before the bottom falls out. As I so often see about every 3-5 years with terms.

One of them is XRSmartglasses that I have had over 6 years. And I would rather be wrong and get more for it.
But I will hold my 6 xr names and wait to see what happens. I'm not going to loose anything holding 6 of them 3 'more' years. But I'm not going to hold 100+ of them 5+ more years. Counterproductive..

But I will sell them to someone. . I had no high expectations for them.
My targets are 'normally' under 5k where the volume is. But you get what you can get and I will try for a bit longer.

•••
It's like you didn't even read my reply. I'm not replying about this subject anymore. I wish you good luck with your goggle domains 😊
Excuse you !
I was just replying to your remarks. Because I can. I think anyway.
And I don't own any goggles so stop assuming.

I'm not trying to make argument for it. But your argument against it does not hold water.
I would like to hear a better one if "someone else" could make it. Perhaps I am missing something.

I only wanted a clear understandable point that I could make use of. You missed the mark.
I turned it loose for anyone to help you. Perhaps they will? despite you.

So sharpen your reading skills.

•••
You tell me that I'm missing *my* point, and then explain to me the points I made already. You can't make this stuff up. Please guys... Enjoy your goggle domains. I'm not engaging in this convo anymore.
I'm surprised you don't understand my irony and then come up with a whole explanation about the buyer of the name and that it's not VR related and it's just fake and blah, blah, blah.. The effort OMG. It must be the language barrier, (:

•••

Kinda reminds me when many in these threads were using google search 'results' for name popularity.
When they should have been paying attention to google 'adwords' for advertisement keyword buys.

I see the term all over the place and it has not seemed to equate to names need.
If not now, when ?

Apple did not do it for you. They have never used the term, despite all the bad info stating otherwise many bought into.
And that despite me saying it out loud many times here. It's like I never said it at all even now.
I was spot-on it.

It's Qualcomm who 'started' it, promoted it to be the competitor to Intel's open source project Alloy (now defunct) and you will see more of it in everyone who uses their products in their devices.
So, as everyone in Qualcomm world uses the term over the next year in their products, is that when it will be a thing ?
Meta, HP, Lenovo etc all except Apple and MagicLeap2 in stand-alones who do not use their chips.
That does not stop others from describing their products with the term, so it remains to be seen if that can equate to a need for names. But when?

And just because a few domain'rs spotted the term and ran with it and hyped the hidden Qualcomm hype even more as there were plenty of names available and for good reason. As they came late to the game with existing terms, something else has to be the term used. So they proceeded to convince everyone else.and happy there were available names.
You can't break the rules over want and name availability. You can keep the hype to get a fair price from other investors
End users have not shown for this game.. Even though everything has now evolved with the term for years.

While I can still see some use for the term in domains, it is limited because it is to broad.
Every time I see the term in a headline article, it is followed with the exact terms of VR / AR within to speak specifically.

I hold about 6 XR names. And while I still wait and see, I find it more likely I will end up selling them to investors before the bottom falls out. As I so often see about every 3-5 years with terms.

One of them is XRSmartglasses that I have had over 6 years. And I would rather be wrong and get more for it.
But I will hold my 6 xr names and wait to see what happens. I'm not going to loose anything holding 6 of them 3 'more' years. But I'm not going to hold 100+ of them 5+ more years. Counterproductive..

My targets are 'normally' under 5k where the volume is. But you get what you can get and I will try for a bit longer.

All the things I've mentioned have XR in their domain because it's on their Brand..

WebXR
XR Today
The XR Association
The XR Developers Conference
XR Connect
XR 4 Europe

Also speaking of headsets

HTC Vive "XR" branded headsets
Varjo "XR" branded headsets

Show me one reputable headset brand with "goggles" and I stand corrected.

I could go on. I just needed to correct you because you thought that I was just listing things that don't use XR in their domains. Go to crunchbaase or Angel.co and search XR or extended reality. Many many more.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
•••
All the things I've mentioned have XR in their domain because it's on their Brand..

WebXR
XR Today
The XR Association
The XR Developers Conference
XR Connect
XR 4 Europe

Also speaking of headsets

Show me one reputable headset brand with "goggles" and I stand corrected.

I could go on. I just needed to correct you because you thought that I was just listing things that don't use XR in their domains. Go to crunchbaase or Angel.co and search XR or extended reality. Many many more.

Hope this helps.

I need to make acorrection here. WebXR is not a brand. I meant to mention it earlier as just another example of how important the term XR is and unintentionally added it to the list above.

Comparing XR with "goggles".... I don't know why I bother with these debates but I just wanted to make this correction in my last post on this subject. Cheers.

•••
I don't think that brand is related to domain in the way you use it. Perhaps you were not clear?
You use the term brand loosely.
HTC vive is still HTC vive (brand) even without XR
And if you look as I did, it is only mentioned on the one stand alone set xr elite as well as the vajaro models that has the qualcom chip mentioned by @VRdommy. But not the other HTC models or anything else without it.
HTC focus 3 is described as VR on their website. As well as the Pro2 and cosmos.

At a minimum, why not "all in" with the term ? Just one model for HTC.

Brand does not automatically mean domain. It should be obvious that anyone who writes news and events for the AR/VR/MR world would use the term, but they do not have to.

Your examples are really special interests about the general industry. Which is the one area the term applies.
BROADLY
Domain sales to end users would be nice examples since we are more than half a decade into this.
I look for them as a indicator and I can't be alone. It gives me pause.
You are not making a case for it anyway. Convince me.

Last edited:
•••
I need to make acorrection here. WebXR is not a brand. I meant to mention it earlier as just another example of how important the term XR is and unintentionally added it to the list above.

Comparing XR with "goggles".... I don't know why I bother with these debates but I just wanted to make this correction in my last post on this subject. Cheers.
You seem to be the only one making a compare of the 2. 3 times now. Why continue to bring it up.
I was not replying with the idea we were comparing.

•••
Using the ignore feature. Don't go on a Goggles reg spree guys...

•••
Using the ignore feature. Don't go on a Goggles reg spree guys...
Who are you ignoring? It must be me.
I only wanted you to make a provable point with what you say about xr. To much?
I am a convince-able person. I have listened to this before on other boards.

You seem obsessed with goggles. That you have said several times you were not going to talk about again.
I don't own any goggles as I said before. But that is what you want to talk about, create a thread for it because you seem to be nagging or trolling.

I did try 8-9 years ago but all the goods ones (goggles and glasses) were taken. Late to the game?
Sure that I am not alone but they do not wish to get a tongue lashing for mentioning it as you have 2 others.

So, I am not sure how anyone could go on a buying spree of them. Gone long ago.
You could go convince them they are worthless and maybe they will drop them?

•••
In the end it’s all noise adopt a term that adopts all realities. Companies will use a term that embraces all reality based systems not just limiting themselves to one .

•••

If not now, when ?

I was spot-on it.

If $5k is your sale market for xr as you quoted why then are you asking nearly $25k for Xrsmartglasses this does not make sense when you run down xr

•••
🤔

Attachments

• IMG_1829.png
    IMG_1829.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 74
•••
If $5k is your sale market for xr as you quoted why then are you asking nearly $25k for Xrsmartglasses this does not make sense when you run down xr
5K is not my 'PRICE for all names'.(read it again) 5K target is not 5k ask. And not every name. A general statement.
Never a nibble at 5k and 4+ years for that name at that price. You get what you can get.

The way it works at namesilo 'now', if they get a negotiated price, buyers can take the payment plan option already set and I can not change whereas I want immediate payment for offer pricing under 6k on 'some names'. No setting for that anymore. I have a alternate method to achieve it now.

And on some listed on 'networked platforms' you can pay 20%+ in commissions.
I have had surprise commission of 26% and was not very happy about that. I did not like it at 20%.
All of my names are listed on namesilo (7.5% commission) and some are listed on one other platform and some are listed on networks at sedo. If you have had a sale at sedo mls, you know the commissions can be steep depending on where in the network the buyer found the name. And they are not all the same. This may have changed as I now have few names listed through MLS anymore and not a sale through it in 20 months. But I doubt it. At the same time sales went down on MLS, they went up at namesilo. Where the commissions are much lower.

At one time, namesilo was setup for payment option only for BIN. So, because of that change and the commissions for multi-platform sales, I raised the price of everything 50+% and I took 'many names' off the roles outside of namsilo.
80% of end users will find your domain sale at a domain lander if you have one. Investors mostly use the domain platforms.
Again, who is your target for which names. Each name has it's own listing strategy.

I have said twice before in this thread that the payment option gained me a lot of sales because the target pricing and payment plan allowed me to target small cap start-ups, and get a higher price than otherwise. Where the volume is.
That would not be the kinda name for a 'small cap' start-up, but potentially broad online retail, tech center or similar.
Knowing which names fit that target model is key. I have plenty near 1500 as well. Those will drop 2-500 per year until dropped or sold. But prices are set generally for BIN and payment plans. If you want to offer much lower, I don't want to take payments on it. That is not how namesilo is set-up anymore.

This is what the price does for me..... Nobody will pay that price. If you were to send me a offer of 5k 'this week'.....
I might send you a new 'private' counter for the same without the payment option.
I would take your money. (it's an offer to one individual passcode locked) A 'new private' offer in all.
Otherwise, with payments, the price would be 10k and you would be required to sign a NDA in my terms.
If a buyer uses BIN,
I miss the chance for the NDA requirement and I want more money for that. It's baked in. Just like payment plans.
It's the only way to get control of 'my sales' on 'my terms'.
I don't expect anyone to BIN on that name. It is the point and purpose. I will take the offer and play it my way.
I can't list the same name twice on the same platform 2 different ways.
Wanna know if I will take 5k. Make the offer. It could be yours.
.. Not willing to say more about it. But that fully covers it.

Hope others were able to take away something from that. It was the purpose.

Last edited:
•••
5K is not my 'PRICE for all names'.(read it again) 5K target is not 5k ask. And not every name. A general statement.
Never a nibble at 5k and 4+ years for that name at that price. You get what you can get.

The way it works at namesilo 'now', if they get a negotiated price, buyers can take the payment plan option already set and I can not change whereas I want immediate payment for offer pricing under 6k on 'some names'. No setting for that anymore. I have a alternate method to achieve it now.

And on some listed on 'networked platforms' you can pay 20%+ in commissions.
I have had surprise commission of 26% and was not very happy about that. I did not like it at 20%.
All of my names are listed on namesilo (7.5% commission) and some are listed on one other platform and some are listed on networks at sedo. If you have had a sale at sedo mls, you know the commissions can be steep depending on where in the network the buyer found the name. And they are not all the same. This may have changed as I now have few names listed through MLS anymore and not a sale through it in 20 months. But I doubt it. At the same time sales went down on MLS, they went up at namesilo. Where the commissions are much lower.

At one time, namesilo was setup for payment option only for BIN. So, because of that change and the commissions for multi-platform sales, I raised the price of everything 50+% and I took 'many names' off the roles outside of namsilo.
80% of end users will find your domain sale at a domain lander if you have one. Investors mostly use the domain platforms.
Again, who is your target for which names. Each name has it's own listing strategy.

I have said twice before in this thread that the payment option gained me a lot of sales because the target pricing and payment plan allowed me to target small cap start-ups, and get a higher price than otherwise. Where the volume is.
That would not be the kinda name for a 'small cap' start-up, but potentially broad online retail, tech center or similar.
Knowing which names fit that target model is key. I have plenty near 1500 as well. Those will drop 2-500 per year until dropped or sold. But prices are set generally for BIN and payment plans. If you want to offer much lower, I don't want to take payments on it. That is not how namesilo is set-up anymore.

This is what the price does for me..... Nobody will pay that price. If you were to send me a offer of 5k 'this week'.....
I might send you a new 'private' counter for the same without the payment option.
I would take your money. (it's an offer to one individual passcode locked) A 'new private' offer in all.
Otherwise, with payments, the price would be 10k and you would be required to sign a NDA in my terms.
If a buyer uses BIN,
I miss the chance for the NDA requirement and I want more money for that. It's baked in. Just like payment plans.
It's the only way to get control of 'my sales' on 'my terms'.
I don't expect anyone to BIN on that name. It is the point and purpose. I will take the offer and play it my way.
I can't list the same name twice on the same platform 2 different ways.
Wanna know if I will take 5k. Make the offer. It could be yours.
.. Not willing to say more about it. But that fully covers it.

Hope others were able to take away something from that. It was the purpose.
It’s great to see that you price an XR at that price by over pricing an extension that no one wants at a high price you would never do

•••
by over pricing an extension that no one wants
It is a dot com
You are talking in code or something?

Perhaps the ideal buyer is a less informed investor?

Last edited:
•••
It’s great to see that you price an XR at that price by over pricing an extension that no one wants at a high price you would never do
Obviously, you did not read what you replied to. But since you insist in diging a bigger hole,

I will go one step further.
If XR is that great, that should be a excellent name.
I will sell it to you for 5k and let you make the time payments for 12 months. PM me first.
Of the 6 I hold, it is the best one and actually fits the thinking on the term. I give you till Saturday..

I may have missed my best oportunity to sell it to an investor since everything predicted about Apple and XR failed to materialize as I already knew and stated here many times. And you very well know that.

Never have I said XR has no use. I have said I only see limited use.
I have listened to many of you ramble on with details that have no relevance in the need for a domain with it.

Like how many times it is mentioned on web pages, or certain co's that use the term.
That is no indicator of NEED. Just USE. There is no connection.
If I see google adwords bids in any decent amount, I will take notice. It shows 'some' potential need.

I asked you convince my thinking otherwise by showing me one simple thing 'since this went past 5 years of hype'.

Show me 'DOMAIN SALES' to 'END USERS' in 'OUR NICHE' - It would be a irrefutable indication of 'NEED'.

And you guys fail every time I ask for it. I am open to it anytime. And I hope it will change for you. It could.
6 more years ? I find it hard to see past 4-5 years.

I am not trashing the term. I see 'little' need for it in domains. And I'm asking for something more than hype.
My record for calling out hype in this thread has been 100% on the money so far. Anyone can look and see it.

So, take a look at your XROS and squeeze those sour XRgrapes for some XRjuice, and drink it.

•••
Obviously, you did not read what you replied to. But since you insist in diging a bigger hole,

I will go one step further.
If XR is that great, that should be a excellent name.
I will sell it to you for 5k and let you make the time payments for 12 months. PM me first.
Of the 6 I hold, it is the best one and actually fits the thinking on the term. I give you till Saturday..

I may have missed my best oportunity to sell it to an investor since everything predicted about Apple and XR failed to materialize as I already knew and stated here many times. And you very well know that.

Never have I said XR has no use. I have said I only see limited use.
I have listened to many of you ramble on with details that have no relevance in the need for a domain with it.

Like how many times it is mentioned on web pages, or certain co's that use the term.
That is no indicator of NEED. Just USE. There is no connection.
If I see google adwords bids in any decent amount, I will take notice. It shows 'some' potential need.

I asked you convince my thinking otherwise by showing me one simple thing 'since this went past 5 years of hype'.

Show me 'DOMAIN SALES' to 'END USERS' in 'OUR NICHE' - It would be a irrefutable indication of 'NEED'.

And you guys fail every time I ask for it. I am open to it anytime. And I hope it will change for you. It could.
6 more years ? I find it hard to see past 4-5 years.

I am not trashing the term. I see 'little' need for it in domains. And I'm asking for something more than hype.
My record for calling out hype in this thread has been 100% on the money so far. Anyone can look and see it.

So, take a look at your XROS and squeeze those sour XRgrapes for some XRjuice, and drink it.
Omg lol mate for the record apple mentioned Xros a number of times at wwdc in there developer video / sessions .

I also own XRGlasses , XrLens , Xr Contacts , AiSmartGlasses , ArSmartglasses which i was surprised you missed it .

Attachments

• IMG_1837.png
    IMG_1837.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
•••
And for the record i do agree with Vrdommy as in sales show results . I am confident these will come but i am not seeing many big sales either lately in Ar / Vr either Ai is the hot toy at the moment

And if not i can go and drink my sour grapes 😂😂

Last edited:
•••
Omg lol mate for the record apple mentioned Xros a number of times at wwdc in there developer video / sessions .

I also own XRGlasses , XrLens , Xr Contacts , AiSmartGlasses , ArSmartglasses which i was surprised you missed it .
I posted this before and you must not have watch it then But here it is again.
This was the entire Vision Pro presentation. It came at the end of their presentations.
It was the 'just one more thing' they are noted for at WWDC.
You take the word of someone on twitter over someone who was there? Figures.

I made no reference to how many times Apple said the term, because I can not recall one ever.
And I can't see how it matters if they did.Can you be that starved for some news that you are happy with folks just saying the word or in print.

But I did say something about how many times they say it has no bearing on a need for the term in a domain.
Did you miss that AGAIN? That is the thinking of a newb that I didn't think you were.

Google search 'results' are nothing. Google 'search terms' are a 'potential' indicator to a fair extent.
That is the 'terms' folks use to find whatever, not the results of the search. It goes towards SEO value.
There are tools to gauge those. I have used them well over 12 years. They are used in marketing.
I pay attention if the volume gets high enough for a particular 'search term'. But not hoard domains from it. It depends on how the word(s) are used in context of a market. Domains are all about marketing and marketability.

You should have realized the above within 2-5 years of domaining. So, how many times someone says it or is printed in a blog, news, or even on a billboard have no indication whatsoever that the term will have a need in domains.
I could think of a lot of words would show up more in domains if that were true. How is 'NEED' derived from that.

But I would think you should be able to point to a Apple web page with it? .
Where is Apple's 'domain' with it? HTC? Meta? MagicLeap? HP? Levovo? Pico? or someone selling their stuff?
I am sure there are a few retailers. There has to be. It does fit in that instance.

Just blog news and industry organizations. That is a fair market, but nobody is targeting it. Limited use in domains.
XRworld might be a good style of name for those needs by example. And no, I don't own it and don't know who does.
I can see a need and purpose for it. Same for retailers who sells all alt/new-media products.

So, here it is again. Maybe I am deaf?

Last edited:
•••
I posted this before and you must not have watch it then But here it is again.
This was the entire Vision Pro presentation. It came at the end of their presentations.
It was the 'just one more thing' they are noted for at WWDC.
You take the word of someone on twitter over someone who was there? Figures.

I made no reference to how many times Apple said the term, because I can not recall one ever.
And I can't see how it matters if they did.Can you be that starved for some news that you are happy with folks just saying the word or in print.

But I did say something about how many times they say it has no bearing on a need for the term in a domain.
Did you miss that AGAIN? That is the thinking of a newb that I didn't think you were.

Google search 'results' are nothing. Google 'search terms' are a 'potential' indicator to a fair extent.
That is the 'terms' folks use to find whatever, not the results of the search. It goes towards SEO value.
There are tools to gauge those. I have used them well over 12 years. They are used in marketing.
I pay attention if the volume gets high enough for a particular 'search term'. But not hoard domains from it. It depends on how the word(s) are used in context of a market. Domains are all about marketing and marketability.

You should have realized the above within 2-5 years of domaining. So, how many times someone says it or is printed in a blog, news, or even on a billboard have no indication whatsoever that the term will have a need in domains.
I could think of a lot of words would show up more in domains if that were true. How is 'NEED' derived from that.

But I would think you should be able to point to a Apple web page with it? .
Where is Apple's 'domain' with it? HTC? Meta? MagicLeap? HP? Levovo? Pico? or someone selling their stuff?
I am sure there are a few retailers. There has to be. It does fit in that instance.

Just blog news and industry organizations. That is a fair market, but nobody is targeting it. Limited use in domains.
XRworld might be a good style of name for those needs by example. And no, I don't own it and don't know who does.
I can see a need and purpose for it. Same for retailers who sells all alt/new-media products.

So, here it is again. Maybe I am deaf?

Ok for a start it was at all the seminars run after the main event i watch these training seminars and multiple references of xros i heard and noticed on the screens . I am not starved for anything mate so please try not to be little me as i have never done against you

•••
•••
Ok for a start it was at all the seminars run after the main event i watch these training seminars and multiple references of xros i heard and noticed on the screens . I am not starved for anything mate so please try not to be little me as i have never done against you
It really matters not if the say or mention the term 1000 times a day.
It does not create a need for DOMAINS.
Who needs it? Those that reference the entire industry.

And many are making the same mistake with the term spatial.
Most of the same players as well.
Better than 25k names reg'd this month. For perhaps 50 end users in the next 5 years?
Yet one more term I expect to see investor sales mostly.

But I knew there was going to be something they said that everyone would go nuts for at WWDC.
And again there will be those that gauge this by mentions of use. And sell names to investors.
And others will point to those sales for even more of the same, without looking for end-use.
I might be in that game as well. I like money. All spatial.gTLD's have been taken.
Do I have any? I have played this game many times. Never a looser at it. And no guilt feelings either.

•••
I only have 1 xr domain: xr(dot)company

Saw this today (not my sale)
augmentedconstruction.com475 USD2023-06-15GoDaddy

•••
I only have 1 xr domain: xr(dot)company

Saw this today (not my sale)
augmentedconstruction.com475 USD2023-06-15GoDaddy

Weird sale. It's worth noting that Augmented is not necessarily a reference to AR. Augmented alone has it's own independent meaning that can represent a broad range of things. It would be interesting if this is an AR related sale though. I haven't looked to see if it's developed yet.

•••
Weird sale. It's worth noting that Augmented is not necessarily a reference to AR. Augmented alone has it's own independent meaning that can represent a broad range of things. It would be interesting if this is an AR related sale though. I haven't looked to see if it's developed yet.

Just had a look and there is a company using AugmentedConstructionInc.com that is AR related. Further research reveals that AR in construction is unsurprisingly a thing. It wouldn't surprise me if "Inc" domain owners are the buyers...but so far, the sold domain does not redirect or resolve.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back