IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ARPayments / ImmersiveShopping / PaymentsAR

Paypal Introduces Payment Via Augmented Reality

PayPal has just been granted a patent for displaying information on products through augmented reality. The patent, titled Augmented Reality View of Product Instructions, was filed last January and would enable users to see relevant information about a product using an AR headset or device.

The patent asserts that part of the goal is to help people figure out how to assemble and control the (increasingly complex) products that are purchased. “Today’s products are increasingly complex to setup and operate. Often, the products are accompanied with detailed instructions that may be daunting for a user to follow. In other cases, a user may discard instructions after an initial set up of a product.”

Thus, the goal is to offer people assistance so that they can actually enjoy the products that they get, as opposed to fight with them for hours: “In each of these cases, the user’s ability to operate the product may be hampered by a lack of information about the product or an inability to use the product. This in turn may affect the user’s experience with the product and the user’s perception of the manufacturer of the product.”

Read more: https://futurism.com/paypal-introduces-payment-via-augmented-reality/

Augmented reality payments are going to be huge... Eventually, there's going to be an integrated "See and Buy" system... Your AR glasses (or "glARsses," as I call them...:laugh:) will recognize an item, provide details regarding its features and use, and allow you to either purchase the item immediately in a retail environment OR allow fulfillment a la Amazon, etc. To this end, I'm still hanging on to:

Holo Pay
3D pay ;)

•••
Holo Pay
3D pay ;)

I like the 'pay' keyword, and like you said, it's going to work very well in this niche.

I sold glancepay last year, sort of wish I had held onto it longer.

Good luck!

•••
3DHeadSet.com landed in my account recently, just incase they change the name again from VR/MR/AR/XR/HOLO.

•••
mrj.png

MR Jets MR Junction,MR Journey,MR Jobs,MR Joystick,MR Jeux,MR Join,etc.​

•••
REALITY/CROWD dot COM
Virtual/Perception dot com
Immersive dot in
V/Immersive dot com

•••
Wonder what they paid for it, hope to find out.

Not sure, I tried to buy that name off Robert a couple of times, Im glad it paid off for him. I knew it would eventually.

Last edited:
•••
3DHeadSet.com landed in my account recently, just incase they change the name again from VR/MR/AR/XR/HOLO.

3DHMD

•••
Augmented reality payments are going to be huge... Eventually, there's going to be an integrated "See and Buy" system... Your AR glasses (or "glARsses," as I call them...:laugh:) will recognize an item, provide details regarding its features and use, and allow you to either purchase the item immediately in a retail environment OR allow fulfillment a la Amazon, etc. To this end, I'm still hanging on to:

Holo Pay
3D pay ;)

e-CommerceAR
eCommerceAR

•••
•••
got the worst one
CommerceXR lol

•••
This names is too long but it's got the "pay" keyword :ROFL:

Augmented Reality Pay (.com) :xf.eek:

•••
BT Sport to make UEFA Champions League final free to all on TV, online and in 360° virtual reality

The UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League finals will be available for absolutely anyone to watch on TV and online, with the former also set to be shown in 360° virtual reality, 4K UHD on YouTube and 4K UHD with Dolby Atmos in a series of broadcast firsts for the biggest game in world club football.
BT Sport is set to make broadcast history with an incredible new range of viewing experiences as it prepares to show the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League finals free-to-air once again.

Absolutely anyone can watch both games online via the acclaimed enhanced video player right here on BTSport.com or the BT Sport app, as well as on YouTube and our BT Sport Showcase HD TV channel.

For the first time ever, the UEFA Champions League final will be available in 360° virtual reality, with a number of streams available on YouTube and the new BT Sport Virtual Reality App.

This unmissable experience will allow fans to choose between a 360° produced programme with commentary and graphics or select their own camera viewpoint*.

Read more: http://sport.bt.com/football/bt-spo...ne-and-in-360-virtual-reality-S11364180768744

You beat me to it :)

That's another great advancement for my Live360 portfolio.

BT CEO said 'We’re excited to be broadcasting what we believe to be the biggest multi-camera live 360° sporting event ever for the first time to our customers.'

The term Live360 just seems to be the term that people naturally use in these instances. It easy to say and easy to understand.

Live360Football
Live360Soccer anyone?

Last edited:
•••
You beat me to it :)

That's another great advancement for my Live360 portfolio.

Live360Football
Live360Soccer anyone?

360VRSports / Sports360VR / 360VRSoccer / Soccer360VR / 360VRFootball

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

He does need to make up his mind though because on the 2nd May he said this :ROFL:

Screenshot_20170517-144401.png

So one minute he say's "calling everything mixed reality mixes things up" but then says VR/AR/MR are not seperate and distinct things BUT NOTES THEY ARE POINTS OF THE SPECTRUM :xf.eek: :facepalm:

Last edited:
•••
"Calling everything mixed reality mixes things up"

MixedUpReality

.com :xf.grin:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back