IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a good point, but I still can't see MR replacing VR when all the content is VR. However, another word could (which describes both VR and MR content, especially when viewed in Microsoft headsets).
I call them MR Goggles because that is what they are !
They are not glasses !
And they are not AR but could be haphazardly be classified that way depending on the content.
So until Acer, Lenovo, Asus, Dell, HP tell us what they want them to be called, it sticks.
If I should call them anything different at this point it would be VR/MR Goggles.

They are a VR Goggle with front facing cams that will either use the image directly for reality or use a computer recreation of reality based on volumetric image data received in them.

But as we will see, the previous ill conceived attempts to define the tech will come to a clash with these devices and I have known that for some time. And I don't really care. It will be what it will be.
In the mean time, everyone knows what I am talking about when I say MR Goggle.
Perhaps it would have been better defined as XR Goggle ? ...LOL...
There is more tech to challenge everyone's terminology coming so get use to it.

•••
Show attachment 55376 So much fun playing star wars on the htc vive i could play it for hours even though it was only a short version a full version would be awesome maybe someone has seen if one is coming out soon.

@VRdommy would probably be the best to know this
Actually, I only herd they were working on this and I do think I seen something in the news about it's release, I didn't know it was out there yet.
I think many are going to be pleasantly surprised with some of the content we will see before the year is out.
The most compelling experiences require or find advantageous wireless or untethered set-ups.
But my personal interest is in some other areas. I'm not really a gamester anymore. I find them to addicting.

Do you think the guy who did this 3 years ago found himself a job in the industry ?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Just grabbed CyberVAR. com
VAR = Virtual Augmented Reality

•••
•••
•••

I know a few people on here have bought AVR+keyword domains, I've seen a few companies go with that too.

Never seen VAR before though, but sure why not? It's worth a risk i guess, if the keyword is strong, I'm talking keywords like Travel/P*rn/Games/Live/Poker etc.

I wouldn't consider 'cyber' a strong keyword, but all the best with it (y)

•••
Facebook Spaces
https://www.romper.com/p/what-is-fa...r-app-takes-things-to-a-whole-new-level-52124

I has been my belief that these experiences will be the highest demand for names in just 3 years from now.

VRPlaces VRChatrooms VRRecRoom VRDatingRoom(s) VRGameRooms VRHangoutz

Edit: And just remember that this has not started yet and other major players like google and Apple and perhaps snapchat may be playing in this space soon. But it will take someone on the outside of that in that need for names.

Last edited:
•••
Zuckerberg sells AR
I feel there is something more to the timing of this more than the likely-hood of Facebook attracting and giving a platform to Oculus Santa Fe and those other MR Goggles.
So my guess is it may also have a play with Apples products as well.
Going to be a very interesting 6 months to come when a lot of new stuff hits the market.

•••

I thought it was AVR (Augmented Virtual Reality) ?

I gave in yesterday and registered a dozen XR names. I've told myself I'm going to let the dozen or so AVR names I own drop to restore the balance sheet.

•••
I thought it was AVR (Augmented Virtual Reality) ?

I gave in yesterday and registered a dozen XR names. I've told myself I'm going to let the dozen or so AVR names I own drop to restore the balance sheet.

Yes, I covered quite a few differen't angles as well and will let the one's drop that seem less likely to have a chance.

The way I see it is it's looking increasingly likely that VR/AR/MR/XR & Holo related keywords are the safest gambles at the moment.

Never a bad idea to replace domains in a portfolio with what seems like a better option.

•••
Been trying for the last 6 months to buy another premium and think I’ve done it *fingers crossed* don’t think I could have bought any better anyway (potential wise):-

73gg7r.jpg

Looking at Google Trends ‘VR Video’ outperforms ‘360 Videos’ and ‘Augmented Reality’ over the last 12 months, I believe the only VR+keyword terms that have outperformed it over the past 12 months are ‘VR P*rn’ (way above anything, currently even above ‘Virtual Reality’) and ‘VR Games’ (slighty) but it’s currently on par with ‘VR Games’.

=======
http://www.roadtovr.com/believe-hype-hypevrs-volumentric-video-capture-glimpse-future-vr-video (the future of VR Video)

https://filmora.wondershare.com/virtual-reality/difference-between-360-video-vr.html (difference between VR Video and 360 Video)

http://www.todotvnews.com/news/VR-Video-to-Generate-USD-8-2-Billion-by-2020.html (VR Video to surpass the VR Games industry by 2019 and to generate $8.2 billion in revenue by 2020)

https://appreal-vr.com/blog/google-daydream-vr-video-app-development (Good article on various industries that use VR Video and how the domain could be a good asset for a company in various industries).
=======

It’s my most expensive buy, thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
Been trying for the last 6 months to buy another premium and think I’ve done it *fingers crossed* don’t think I could have bought any better anyway (potential wise):-

73gg7r.jpg

Looking at Google Trends ‘VR Video’ outperforms ‘360 Videos’ and ‘Augmented Reality’ over the last 12 months, I believe the only VR+keyword terms that have outperformed it over the past 12 months are ‘VR P*rn’ (way above anything, currently even above ‘Virtual Reality’) and ‘VR Games’ (slighty) but it’s currently on par with ‘VR Games’.

=======
http://www.roadtovr.com/believe-hype-hypevrs-volumentric-video-capture-glimpse-future-vr-video (the future of VR Video)

https://filmora.wondershare.com/virtual-reality/difference-between-360-video-vr.html (difference between VR Video and 360 Video)

http://www.todotvnews.com/news/VR-Video-to-Generate-USD-8-2-Billion-by-2020.html (VR Video to surpass the VR Games industry by 2019 and to generate $8.2 billion in revenue by 2020)

https://appreal-vr.com/blog/google-daydream-vr-video-app-development (Good article on various industries that use VR Video and how the domain could be a good asset for a company in various industries).
=======

It’s my most expensive buy, thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

Congrats my friend,
GREAT name with GREAT potential!

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's a bit amazing how I can see trends in the stock market play the same in domain names.
It's a bit of a low right now and it's because of income tax here in the states.
While I'm not commenting on the tax, money gets in short supply when folks have taxes to pay.
It is reflective in the names market as well as the stock market.

By the same token, you can get, what in the stock market is called the "wealth effect".
That's when the market is doing so well, folks feel confidence in spending money in other areas, even though the money is a gain on paper, not in hand. The money spent is in hand money.
When the market falls, the in hand money spending stops.
Just observations ! I do follow all kinds of trend data.

But sometimes the timing of offers is from folks that know this data well.
I know I receive a lot of low-ball offers during tax time.(mid-march through mid-april)
But I have limited that annoying mess with minimum offers and private whois on 90% of my names.

You should keep things like this in mind when pushing names to auction.
Everything will likely get back to normal next month.
(just put the money in the slot for the tips...LOL...) Slot >>> -----------$----------<<<

Last edited:
•••
Everyone should know I don't think much of new TLD's -EXCEPT where the keyword is very strong.

Together, I think these will find their way to a online retailer... Sometime...

VR.discount & VR.bargains

I just don't think I can get hurt with them anyway despite the premium pricing that was on them.
Should be able to get a great SEO.

Last edited:
•••
Well after my recent buy of VRVideo dot com, that’s me 100% done buying now so just thought I’d post all the domains I’ve bought in the aftermarket over the past year:-

2w7jr5s.jpg

Made a few decent registrations too, but those are my aftermarket buys.

I think if I’m going to invest in something next it’s going to be myself, as I’ve no idea how to develop and make a (decent) website so may go on a 3 to 5 day course or something, develop some of my best names and try to get a nice income coming through.

Short term though until I figure out what to do with them, I’ve had VR+Experiences redirecting to Merged Reality for the last 2 weeks and I’ve just started redirecting VR+Video dot com’s traffic to there (the others have a landing page on).

Just doing my part, small as it may be to boost the term even more.

Last edited:
•••
Well after my recent buy of VRVideo dot com, that’s me 100% done buying now so just thought I’d post all the domains I’ve bought in the aftermarket over the past year:-

Untitled-5JQhPSLG.1492622935.jpg

Made a few decent registrations too, but those are my aftermarket buys.

I think if I’m going to invest in something next it’s going to be myself, as I’ve no idea how to develop and make a (decent) website so may go on a 3 to 5 day course or something, develop some of my best names and try to get a nice income coming through.

Short term though until I figure out what to do with them, I’ve had VR+Experiences redirecting to Merged Reality for the last 2 weeks and I’ve just started redirecting VR+Video dot com’s traffic to there (the others have a landing page on).

Just doing my part, small as it may be to boost the term even more.

You are not doing enough mate.

Buy VR P$rn (.com) and reditect that to merged reality. Then you will earn my respect :ROFL:

In all seriousness, hope you make a killing from these domains, and good luck with learning new skills (y)

•••
looks like augmented reality just jumped over mixed reality

•••
You are not doing enough mate.

Buy VR P$rn (.com) and reditect that to merged reality. Then you will earn my respect :ROFL:

In all seriousness, hope you make a killing from these domains, and good luck with learning new skills (y)

Lol I've tried mate, It's unbuyable for me unfortunately.

And thanks mate appreciate it, same with you too and your names (y)

•••
100% done buying now
You know we have herd that from a lot of folks and.... perhaps you ??? before ???.
Anyway, nice names and if you need help in your other endeavors, pm me.

But I gotta say IMHO, that I am putting my neck out there right now like have have not done in nearly a decade because I really think this is going to bust open in short of 16 months. So for me, it's about timing for last chance plays in the aftermarket.
I'm just giving a rest to some other niche's I have been playing to concentrate on this one.

You noticed that. I think Facebook is reluctant to give anything to MS's WMR. JMHO.

•••
•••

lol , you better check closely now ..

fastest (and smartest) fingers first.

EnglandMR , sell it already lmao .

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back