Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
^
Playing Devil's Advocate here, but what are "Electrics"? Just trying to understand, is it a UK term or do you mean "electronics"?

•••
Wishful thinking that mate, I’m fairly confident that if a VR device with Windows Holographic (MR elements) is still being classed as ‘Virtual Reality’ then it always will be.

Not saying Mixed Reality (MR) is finished, but if I was a Mixed Reality investor, I would look at CES and see there’s been a disturbance in the force, weigh everything up and try to see which way the market is heading, rather than trying to brush what’s been shown under the table as though nothing has changed.

Good luck anyway.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/landingpage/small-business/resources/download/virtual-reality/

I don't listen to blog/tech sites though mate, best to listen to what the companies refer themselves to.

CES was never really going to be about mixed reality because the companies who will be pushing it are not in the marketing/release stage at the moment.

These headsets were under contained boxes and no one really got to touch them.

Lenevo's website for example distinguish differences between VR/AR/MR, they don't class it all as VR:

VIRTUAL, AUGMENTED, AND MIXED:
CHARTING THE NEW REALITY

Virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and now, the term “mixed reality” (MR) are tossed around as ways to solve real-world design and business challenges. Here are a few relevant Small Business examples of how the technology is being used—from marketing to product design to improving technician field work and safety. VR/AR/MR is more than just for video gamers now.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, electrics is a UK terminology, used in retail with things appliance related.

•••
https://www.camsoda.com/labs/holo-cam/

CamSoda Debuts “Holo-Cam” Allowing Users to Watch Live, Interactive Holographic Cam Shows via their Smartphones and Tablets

@cordoba - Thought you might like this news.

I am holding stuff like:

Holo Webcam Girls (.com)
Holo Live Cams (.com)
Hologram Webcams (.com)
Holographic Cam Girls (.com)
Holographic Live (.com)

Holo-Cams
HoloCamGirl

•••
Well if you are right imagine how the owner of domains such as HRp#rn & PokerHR would feel.

I know how much you have researched the term hyper and the patents Apple have released but hybrid makes sense as well to indicate the moves big companies are starting to make.

2017 is going to introduce "Hybrid" headsets that are capable of displaying VR/AR/MR content.

Obviously I call these MR headsets but I have been given hints that Apple will more than likely brand themselves and the tech differently and coin a new (or not so new)/different term.

The only problem I see with Hyper is that the Void also uses this term, so if they want to make themselves unique, will they consider this term now because a company is already branding around that technical term ?

As far as XR goes, MR is tipped to be the short term umbrella for VR & AR but going into the future if extra realities are introduced then XR could well become the umbrella term.

But if VR, AR & MR is going to be the only terms then MR might be sufficient enough imo and I know the consensus is split between industry experts as to wether MR or XR will become the eventual overall umbrella (all encompassing) term.

Pretty hard to get HR or XR domains now though because many were onto these trails already so I would not advise people start registering sub par keywords in this space because both are extremely high risk gambles. JMO though ;)

HRP#rn .net

•••
•••
Holo-Cams
HoloCamGirl

Almost missed this article.

I think this is what we need for mixed reality, hololens to sell. Just like VR, adult content will give another reason for a man to buy a headset capable of this kind of technology.

And it will be great for premium live content delivering the ultimate 1 :$: 1 experience.

I have invested a lot in holo / gram, mr, ar, vr domains for this kind of services.

I have a lot of respect for CamSoda and their guts for investing a lot of money and for beining a pioneer exploring new ways of creating content.

Last edited:
•••
My thoughts about hybrid headsets:

There can be all kind of hybrid names to descripe VR/AR/MR.

But if you think about this... They (the headset companies) will just put their own brand on top of the device and have some logo's with "VR/AR/MR" content supported.

Will people search for XR or HR if they want fully immersive VR content or AR/MR content? The difference between the content is just to big. There will be a need to specify the search query. And when friends are sharing experiences they will talk about a mixed reality experience or "wow that vr video was great". When they are home the will search for the things they hear / know / want.

Last edited:
•••
Hybrid term "music"

Yes music describes metal, jazz, classic, rock, MP3, video, concert, instruments etc

People will still need to make a targeted search query (with keybord or voice).

I know the "music" comparison is not really fair but just to give a idea for the need of a targeted search query.

Last edited:
•••

Almost missed this article.

I think this is what we need for mixed reality, hololens to sell. Just like VR, adult content will give another reason for a man to buy a headset capable of this kind of technology.

And it will be great for premium live content delivering the ultimate 1 :$: 1 experience.

I have invested a lot in holo / gram, mr, ar, vr domains for this kind of services.

I have a lot of respect for CamSoda and their guts for investing a lot of money and for beining a pioneer exploring new ways of creating content.

Yeah I have a few holo, gram, ogram adult names too, so being able to produce p*rn holograms (or p*rnograms :xf.wink:) with a smartphone while we wait for the headsets and glasses to arrive should give things a head start.

•••
Yeah I have a few holo, gram, ogram adult names too, so being able to produce p*rn holograms (or p*rnograms :xf.wink:) with a smartphone while we wait for the headsets and glasses to arrive should give things a head start.

Yep it seems our adult holo / gram / ar / mr domains are getting more worth every day. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I too believe that the adult experience will develope this technology at a faster rate.

I too have invested alot into holo / hologram / ar / hr / mr adult names as I strongly believe that this is where the future will be.

•••
HoloCams.com is listed for sale for $4,895 USD (not mine)

Very reasonable sales price. I would almost say a real bargain. (with the CamSoda news in back of mind)

I can not imagine they don't know this domain is for sale. Maybe they think this name is to mainstream and can not rank in Google in future because Google hates to put mainstream names in context with adult (livecams search query).

Last edited:
•••

Very reasonable sales price. I would almost say a real bargain. (with the CamSoda news in back of mind)

Very true, that could be a gold mine in a few years.

One of the great things about dealing in adult names is, as I'm sure you're aware, even if you don't sell them, they can still quite easily make you money. Especially top quality ones like that.

•••

I can not imagine they don't know this domain is for sale. Maybe they think this name is to mainstream and can not rank in Google in future because Google hates to put mainstream names in context with adult (livecams search query).
That is a very reasonable asking price

•••
That is a very reasonable asking price

Maybe it will sell because of free publicity on this thread. I would love to buy it but 5k is a lot of money for someone always regging domains for reg fee...

Last edited:
•••
Maybe it will sell because of free publicity on this thread. I would love to buy it but 5k is a lot of money for someone always regging domains for reg fee...

Just what I was thinking.

•••
There is not a person posting on this thread that does not know where to have a ADULT name "discussion".
Don't push your luck with the freedom we have had to 'mention' it once in a while.
You will ruin that for EVERYONE including yourself.

•••
There is not a person posting on this thread that does not know where to have a ADULT name "discussion".
Don't push your luck with the freedom we have had to 'mention' it once in a while.
Thanks to donald trump news today there has been a big spike in a certain unmentionable name never dull in the donald trump life

•••

I agree but there are double standards in these senarios.

Rick Schwartz sells such a domain for $8.8 million and it is allowed to stay in the mainstream archives (Was stuck to the top page for well over a year).

I understand that some words can be considered vulgar or offensive but with enough censoring I don't personally see a problem.

I think it's a harsh fact when this side of the industry is almost shut out from being an accepted form in the domaining world.

Expecially when the said industry has been a pioneer for a few emerging technologies that we all use today.

I see people making lots of mistakes when registering domains in that industry. It's not suprising though, because the domain education in that field is hard to aquire if the domainers who do get success in that area are not allowed to share their experience openly as it is filtered into threads that no one really looks at or follows.

•••
I agree but there are double standards in these senarios.

Rick Schwartz sells such a domain for $8.8 million and it is allowed to stay in the mainstream archives (Was stuck to the top page for well over a year).

I understand that some words can be considered vulgar or offensive but with enough censoring I don't personally see a problem.

I think it's a harsh fact when this side of the industry is almost shut out from being an accepted form in the domaining world.

Expecially when the said industry has been a pioneer for a few emerging technologies that we all use today.

I see people making lots of mistakes when registering domains in that industry. It's not suprising though, because the domain education in that field is hard to aquire if the domainers who do get success in that area are not allowed to share their experience openly as it is filtered into threads that no one really looks at or follows.
What i cant work out as it must be beyond my own personal comprehension is my avatar name that is accepted here on all forums but i cant mention that word lol

•••
-

Last edited:
•••
More on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 that will have much to do with changing VR/AR/MR this year.
http://www.vancouversun.com/qualcom...ip+takes+intel+with+focus/12644948/story.html
Some time ago, I had stated that smartphones were going to compete with consoles in the very near future. And this is the chip I was speaking about that was going to start that battle. A first generation made for VR chip. I can't wait to see the 2nd and 3rd gen of this.
The Samsung S8 'may' be the first on market to have it.
I am also thinking that the rumored HTC 'VIVE' smartphone will sport it as well as 2nd gen Pixel .

•••
DNJ 2 week report is out and recent major VR/AR sales either were not reported
or were not confirmed to show up.... Disappointing.

Lack of VR/AR/MR content a issue ?
http://www.androidheadlines.com/201...r-vr-hardware-leading-to-lack-of-content.html
I don't exactly fear a lack of content but a lack of 'COMPELLING' content that will do both, keep those happy that already bought into the tech and entice newcomers to come on-board.

•••
Someone on NP just purchased VVR.com for $6k, and then sold it a few minutes later for $20K..nice quick ROI

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back