Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are resellers willing to put down a hundred thousand on a domain.

It's certainly possible, and I don't know the name, but as far as I'm aware there hasn't been any ar smut sales and few if any offers (I certainly haven't had any). Seems a big offer for a reseller unless it's one of the 5 or so premium ones.

•••
My advice is to expect another 5 - 7 more years before we can expect maximum value from VR and AR names. It's just too early to have any expectations...
Can you base that advise on anything in the tangible world and share it with us ?

•••
Can you base that advise on anything in the tangible world and share it with us ?

Why would I when my post was about speculation of intangible goods? I think my reply was pretty straight forward and doesn't contrast from what you're saying. Maybe you can just tell me where you don't understand (or disagree) and I can explain further?

Last edited:
•••
Why would I when my post was about speculation of intangible goods? I think my reply was pretty straight forward and doesn't contrast from what you're saying. Maybe you can just tell me where you don't understand (or disagree) and I can explain further?
If you don't want to add citation to your advise, it's ok by me.
Just thought you could state a reason for it.

•••
If you don't want to add citation to your advise, it's ok by me.
Just thought you could state a reason for it.

Obviously I believe the industry needs more time before we can expect our domains to reach maximum sales profits. This is nothing new. Are you having another one of those moments when you're popping a vein by over thinking something super simplistic again?

I didn't realize it was so deep that I need to post links to my sources when the info is everywhere. Nothing you say here is an absolute truth so why expect my posts to be? Seriously now...do you want me to start asking for citations from all of your posts now? That wouldn't be very fun now would it @VRdommy?

Lighten it up around here will ya? Or are you too pedantic to read between the lines? :xf.laugh:

Last edited:
•••
Obviously I believe the industry needs more time before we can expect our domains to reach maximum sales profits. This is nothing new. Are you having another one of those moments when you're popping a vein by over thinking something super simplistic again?

I didn't realize it was so deep that I need to post links to my sources when the info is everywhere. Nothing you say here is an absolute truth so why expect my posts to be? Seriously now...do you want me to start asking for citations from all of your posts now? That wouldn't be very fun now would it @VRdommy?

Lighten it up around here will ya? Or are you too pedantic to read between the lines? :xf.laugh:
Lighten up Francis...

You were 'advising' everyone contrary to what I am personalty experiencing.
Which lead to the question of wondering if there was a reason for it. I would like to hear it.
There is no reason to get personal because you had no answer.
But, It Was Poor Advise IMHO. And I didn't want to say that without hearing your reasons.

•••
Lighten up Francis...

You were 'advising' everyone contrary to what I am personalty experiencing.
Which lead to the question of wondering if there was a reason for it. I would like to hear it.
There is no reason to get personal because you had no answer.
But, It Was Poor Advise IMHO. And I didn't want to say that without hearing your reasons.

Is it advice to say that in my opinion maximum domain value won't occur until the markets mature "advice". You are asking me for citations online when you can just Google it yourself when market mature may happen.

Contrary to what you are experiencing?? Well I guess you're receiving 50k offers on your best domains right now, no?

Come on now lol...

•••
Is it advice to say that in my opinion maximum domain value won't occur until the markets mature "advice". You are asking me for citations online when you can just Google it yourself when market mature may happen.

Contrary to what you are experiencing?? Well I guess you're receiving 50k offers on your best domains right now, no?

Come on now lol...
My statements stand 'as written'.
But this seems to be your story, so you can tell it as you wish.

•••
My statements stand 'as written'.
But this seems to be your story, so you can tell it as you wish.

My story? What story? I think the market needs to mature. Google it if you don't believe me. It's not that deep...seriously :xf.rolleyes:

•••
So,
Are you saying AR may be better because you can play poker while watching football on TV ?
Or Play a slot while driving down the roadway ?
A quality experience is normally one that consumes all of your senses and attention !

I think you have passed judgement on the tech's that should be left for applications to define the quality of the experience.
You can not know the quality of the wood in the forest without knowing what the trees are.

But until someone breaks $1K on a quality AR HMD, I really don't think it matters much.

You just have to look at how people gamble online today to know what they might prefer in the future. Normal, healthy people talk and do other things while they gamble, with the exception of games that require a lot of strategy of course and those games may have more niche success in VR but you have to admit that AR is more, not less, because it can "consume all of your senses" while not completely isolating you from your surrounding environment, allowing you to engage both the virtual and reality.

•••
Starts next week in london

http://www.thevirtualreport.biz/news/64817/xr-connects-london-next-week/

760B5275-DC54-4999-B334-0B39156F5FDF.png

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
You posted that here on Monday ! (perhaps Tue where you are) Running out of material ?
It’s been updated read them first before commenting makes life easier on all of us

Last edited:
•••
It’s been updated read them first before commenting makes life easier on all of us
...LOL...
Does this mean when the page changes tomorrow, you will update us again ?

•••
Great niche indeed!

But holodeck is a hard one so as VR+2 keywords
I think esports with holodeck will be a big challenge to move but hey you never know

•••
One other interesting pair of AR Glasses shown at CES 2018.
http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/artic...ai-promise-end-those-awkward-moments-when-you

Everyone should know I don't like the term AI for it is used very loosely and none that I have seen is truly Artificial Intelligence. These glasses are a mere HUD and the camera will send off a volumetric encoded photo to a database for a fuzzy logic match and display the text caption associated with that person place or thing on the HUD. Just like a iPhoneX and FaceID
The term 'Glasshole' may have continued meaning.
VirtualIdentification

•••
•••
•••
I notice nobody here is even trying to describe (future) AR as mixed reality or MR anymore.

What are you talking about? MR is different from AR. Why would somebody describe AR as MR?

•••
I notice nobody here is even trying to describe (future) AR as mixed reality or MR anymore.

I actually like the MR term best. lol. As a commoner/average consumer, I think the XR term is too vague(I know most in here disagree). Not sure what XR stands for. I personally think Mixed Reality is the easiest to understand. Reality mixed with Virtual Reality. Again, as an average consumer.......I think the average person considers ar/vr/mr/xr/whateverR......as Virtual Reality.

•••
•••
I find 180 to be extremely boring, but they are necessary for getting more user content out there to promote VR adaption. There will be viral 180 videos someday and watchiwatgwat them on 2d will not be satisfying
Somewhat agree...
It really is not much more than a wide 3D cam.
But I can understand why google pushed for this. It was for multiple reasons.

Even a 2k 360 vr cam has poor resolution in vr because you are only viewing 1/6 of that total image stretch.
To make that go twice as far, a 2k 180 would have twice the resolution as viewed in vr.
Don't forget that 3D would be 2 x 2k images.
Then when we get to a true respectable starting level which is 3D4k at 360 degrees is a lot of data to stream in a smartphone. from many possible aspects. but to edit a 4k360 may be near impossible for home users.
the 180 format was just created as a temporary stepping stone till things progress in cpu speed and network speeds.

•••
•••
Some more interesting observations of VRChat
https://techxplore.com/news/2018-02-virtual-reality-chatroom-app-boost.html

But a moment I have been waiting for...
Architecture, Engineering, Construction & VR
http://www.installation-international.com/aec-industries-embrace-vr/

BTW... If your into Space and that kinda stuff,
you may like this live SpaceX view of Starman in the Tesla in orbit as much as I do.

During the first month of 2018, an app called VRChat shot from 4,000 installs to more than two million.

I ques i will have to renew my VRChatApp in king domain. :zippermouth:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back