Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Can't find the link but I read an article on VR and AR today in FORBES and the writer was using the term 'Digital Reality', LOL.
Dr reality seen that one a few times doctor reality may replace mister reality dr v mr hmm not a fan

•••
4DPLEX shows off new 4DX tech
https://www.dcinematoday.com/dc/pr?newsID=4909

I don't know why not just post it here.
I find it hard to track more than about 2 or 3 threads to begin with.
And there don't seem to be enough users in new threads for a proper discussion of them anyway.
You know I don't think that the XR keyword will be all that big. The word represents to wide of field than is needed in 'most instances' and leaves to much room for confusion. JMHO

But I looked at most of those webs and 90% of what I seen actually talk nothing but VR.
Leading me to believe that their choice of name was just as a cheap available alternative.
But I will encourage you guys to keep reg'n them so that so many are not freely available.
LOL
The sooner all the FitXR type names are taken and have a $2k price tag,
The sooner the FitVR type names will actually bring $5k

That is how it looks on my end of the telescope anyway.

Well out of 17 sites listed by Elad 13 of them mentioned more than just VR (AR or MR as well). I am not brilliant at Maths but not sure the 90% is accurate :xf.wink:

I think only 2 or 3 of them only mentioned just VR from what I had seen, a few others we're work in progress.

I agree with most of your points but it looks like to me that more than 10% are branding on the encompassing more than just VR aspect.

Last edited:
•••
•••
just reg'ed: Learning/MR in king

•••
XR is still in speculation territory. There's no market for it.... but that hasn't stopped me from buying names (reg fee and a backorder here and there). I'm big on aesthetics when it comes to how I invest in names. It has to look right, sound right, feel right. But feelings don't translate to domain sales- Market indicators do and right now there isn't much there for a buy out. But there is clear indication that XR is moving in the right direction but it's not enough to go reggin en masse imo. I bought some solid hand regges early and 2 or so premium back orders. Even as things are looking up now though- I'm not buying anymore. I rather wait, let a market establish (if it ever does) and buy from the aftermarket but that's just one strategy.

Anyways, I think there's a very small opportunity here as it stands but I personally wouldn't give the advice to newbies to go down this road. Especially when VR is a better investment and AR is right around the corner. Still room to make profit but expectations should be tempered and realistic. This will be no VR. Especially as AR is next at bat. (I'll be writing a a post on movement I'm seeing in AR from my software soon) But a few XR names won't kill ya.

Therein lies the conundrum. Email offers are not sales. If no one is selling then there is no sales data floating around hence no real market being established. A thriving market involves active buyers and sellers. There's already sales data floating around for AR. People have a sense of what to target. It's starting to emerge. Until XR reaches that basic level it's a big gamble.

But I believe a particular subsection of names will do especially well in it. Hence why I bought a handful of names.

@BostonDomainer, are you aware of any enduser sales for AR?

•••
Well, a name like that you have to consider if endusers would brand themselves as xr. First of all I don't know what an augmented reality tube movie would look like, and even if there will be such things , not sure a tube site could easily handle both (ar and vr).
Lol all i know is they have chased me for some time if they want it they will have to pay for it .

And you think about it how easy these start ups have it we take all the risk as in buying them and holding them for year after year we buy all types trying to get the right one we drop many that costs thousands and then they come along and say i have no money things are tight this is all i can pay, now if you want it you have to pay my price for it and it wont be dimes and nickles here

If not no problems i tell them to find another domain name as i did here and now they come back i dont know if anything will come of it if not no probs i am making a lot more money from crypto then domaining so it does not faze me

Last edited:
•••
New iMax VR
A good read ! Shows with detail what they are up to.
https://www.thestar.com/entertainme...imax-vr-puts-john-wicks-gun-in-your-hand.html
coimaxvr08_jpg.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x724.jpg

•••
Please, Let it rest, I was not referring to your spat.
I want to know what i read here is correct and true if not then this needs to be cleared up if people spread wrong info as @Winfluence states you have a duty of care to correct this

•••
I own
vreality.technology
What do you guys think about it ?

•••
Any members in the southern gulf side Florida area ?
PM me...
they turned me loose down here and I'm playing with the alligators and they are cool, but no fun.

•••
•••
•••
I think the mistake ‘some’ people are making with XR is they think because it’s being used as an umbrella term, it means it’s ‘the best’ and may make VR/AR become obsolete.

It doesn’t work like that, ‘TV’ is under the umbrella of ‘Entertainment’ – Yet TV domain sales by far exceed ‘Entertainment’ sales.

Hotel’s is under the umbrella of ‘Hospitably’, yet hotel domain sales exceed ‘Hospitality’. Car/s under the umbrella of the ‘Automotive’ yet Cars.com is the highest valued domain of all-time ($872m) and you can go on and on from things like Football/Golf being under the umbrella of ‘Sport’.

What people need to look at is results and at the moment the results say the only domains that can represent virtual tech that’s worth investing in that clearly sells and has a market is VR/Virtual and ‘V’ domains.

The AR domain market hasn’t taken off yet, not sure it ever will even though it’s probably bigger than VR already. So I’m good with VR being 2nd fiddle to something or under something’s ‘umbrella’ as long as domain sales are still strong.

Sure XR is a new term, so still early days and worth investing, especially for reg fee, but until there’s clearly a domain market there, it’s not worth going crazy or you could end up sitting on a load domains like some are with AR because there’s no market (yet) that you can’t flog.

Not to be a smart ass (I just want to clarify for others who don't quite get it yet), but you are using the wrong analogy, because entertainment and hospitality are intangible things and they are not exactly umbrella terms for hotels and TVs. Better analogies would be:

Vehicles (Cars, Vans, Trucks, etc)
Computers (PCs, Desktops, Laptops, Tablets)
Reptiles (Snakes, Lizards)
Video Game (RPGs, Shooters, Racing, MMO)

•••
I think the mistake ‘some’ people are making with XR is they think because it’s being used as an umbrella term, it means it’s ‘the best’ and may make VR/AR become obsolete.

It doesn’t work like that, ‘TV’ is under the umbrella of ‘Entertainment’ – Yet TV domain sales by far exceed ‘Entertainment’ sales.

Hotel’s is under the umbrella of ‘Hospitably’, yet hotel domain sales exceed ‘Hospitality’. Car/s under the umbrella of the ‘Automotive’ yet Cars.com is the highest valued domain of all-time ($872m) and you can go on and on from things like Football/Golf being under the umbrella of ‘Sport’.

What people need to look at is results and at the moment the results say the only domains that can represent virtual tech that’s worth investing in that clearly sells and has a market is VR/Virtual and ‘V’ domains.

The AR domain market hasn’t taken off yet, not sure it ever will even though it’s probably bigger than VR already. So I’m good with VR being 2nd fiddle to something or under something’s ‘umbrella’ as long as domain sales are still strong.

Sure XR is a new term, so still early days and worth investing, especially for reg fee, but until there’s clearly a domain market there, it’s not worth going crazy or you could end up sitting on a load domains like some are with AR because there’s no market (yet) that you can’t flog.

I think its better to wait with your mistake remark.
Still way early :)

•••
Anagraph would make a catchy headset brand.

•••
@VRdommy Can you or anybody else here fill me in on the chances of AR headsets/goggles being released this holiday season or early next year? I know there is that Lenovo AR Stars Wars headset that's expected to be a big seller over Christmas? Does it just play the Star Wars game or is it an actual AR headset with Star Wars branding that can play other games and apps?

•••
Just reading the XR thread, don't want to start a debate off there, so this is the best place to do it.

But yeah a few investors in XR domains lately, but no one has any definite answer what it stands for; does that not ring a few alarm bells?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Reality_(XR)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_reality
And now 'Mixed Reality' is being thrown into the mix what it can stand for?

Doesn't matter. "XR = AR, VR, MR" is the most commonly accepted term by devs and that's all that matters. Devs run the show when it comes to how a term is accepted and they are the ones who are really pushing it. The magazines and tech sites listen to the devs. The few articles writing about "Extended Reality" don't matter and are written by people who are not in the loop or slow at accepting reality.

As I mentioned before, Apple could name their headset XR as a means to avoid being associated with WMR. But that would still mean that the head set can do VR and simulated AR, not that it's Mixed Reality. MS is misusing the term for their own bullshit purposes...

Fuck MS....fuck MR as it is used today...Developers know better :facepalm:

Last edited:
•••
Doesn't matter. "XR = AR, VR, MR" is the most commonly accepted term by devs and that's all that matters. Devs run the show when it comes to how a term is accepted and they are the ones who are really pushing it. The magazines and tech sites listen to the devs. The few articles writing about "Extended Reality" don't matter and are written by people who are not in the loop or slow at accepting reality.

As I mentioned before, Apple could name their headset XR as a means to avoid being associated with WMR. But that would still mean that the head set can do VR and simulated AR, not that it's Mixed Reality. MS is misusing the term for their own bullsh*t purposes...

f*ck MS....f*ck MR as it is used today...Developers know better :facepalm:

Every day i see a few more names being registered by companies. They register it while other versions of the name are still available.

Just saying

•••
Makes sense to me. That's the point of XR...

Just that in my mind, they do it as they dont want to be associated with one tech and i believe most will go this route. Be it XR be it MR. My intention is choosing the spectrum.

•••
Just that in my mind, they do it as they dont want to be associated with one tech and i believe most will go this route. Be it XR be it MR. My intention is choosing the spectrum.

no two people will have the same definition of MR. I don't even think MS knows what the fuck WMR means. It's a lost cause. So to say that people will be using XR in replacement of MR you have to ask just WTF do you mean by that exactly lol.

Most of these XR adapters are simply companies who want to do AR and VR...

•••
no two people will have the same definition of MR. I don't even think MS knows what the f*ck WMR means. It's a lost cause. So to say that people will be using XR in replacement of MR you have to ask just WTF do you mean by that exactly lol.

Most of these XR adapters are simply companies who want to do AR and VR...

You said exactly what i said. I dont care about MS definition, i care about mine.
Im talking about companies using the spectrum and saying imo most will want to go this route + many experience like shopping /dating /videos etc are relevant as in all in one site.

•••
That was the case with MR and that didn't stop ML and MS from adapting the term. XR was just invented in 2015. No one is saying that it will be anything, but one thing's for sure - the industry has embraced it. There is a major summit named after XR. There are companies branding with XR. Major corps are using the term...all within a very, VERY short period of time. Industry wide adaption appears to be here or around the corner. But what you seem to have missed (maybe you're new to this thread?) is that I've been saying it was never meant to be a consumer term and likely never will. Go back a few pages and you'll understand my stance on XR.. Everyone here knows that I have been warning from the start that it's a risk to assume it will be anything more than an industry term, not consumer...

@KingslayerVR these are my main investments below. All non-consumer focused keywords. That's been my target when regging XR names. XR is for industry people as an umbrella term. That may change someday but as of now and the next few years it will likely remain that way, UNLESS an influential company like Apple brands a major product with XR. This has been what I've been saying...Not sure about others here.

XRDevelopers / com
XRJobs / com
XRAdvertiser / com
XRAssociation / com
XRAccelerator / com
XRInvestments / com
XRConvention / com
XRAwards / com
CommercialXR / com

Last edited:
•••
@KingslayerVR these are my main investments below. All non-consumer focused keywords. That's been my target when regging XR names. XR is for industry people as an umbrella term. That may change someday but as of now and the next few years it will likely remain that way, UNLESS an influential company like Apple brains a major product with XR. This has been what I've been saying...Not sure about others here.

XRDevelopers / com
XRJobs / com
XRAdvertiser / com
XRAssociation / com
XRAccelerator / com
XRInvestments / com
XRConvention / com
XRAwards / com
CommercialXR / com

If a company is Branding with XR, its basically letting people know what it is =consumer

Anyways, got 1 out of my 50 that fits your way of registering.

Better than most names

XRnetwork(.)com

•••
That was the case with MR and that didn't stop ML and MS from adapting the term. XR was just invented in 2015. No one is saying that it will be anything, but one thing's for sure - the industry has embraced it. There is a major summit named after XR. There are companies branding with XR. Major corps are using the term...all within a very, VERY short period of time. Industry wide adaption appears to be here or around the corner. But what you seem to have missed (maybe you're new to this thread?) is that I've been saying it was never meant to be a consumer term and likely never will. Go back a few pages and you'll understand my stance on XR.. Everyone here knows that I have been warning from the start that it's a risk to assume it will be anything more than an industry term, not consumer...

No I’m not new to the thread, been following it from the start and aware of your past views on the term.

Personally i think companies who brand around XR are not doing it because they are massive advocates of the term, it may be that case now their companies are called that, but originally i think it was just a case of they saw the term mentioned a few times and it was easier/cheaper to call themselves ‘FitXR’ than it was ‘FitVR’.

That’s only going to last so long for start-ups though, especially now more XR domains are being registered by domainers – Similar thing happened with ‘Holo’ a few companies branded around that term to start with as I’m sure it was cheaper option.

Next 6 months we’ll start seeing how XR as a term and how XR domains is going to go, because if companies want to call themselves XR+keyword they will have to pay a premium for XR domains rather than register them and companies (so far) don’t appear to want to pay for AR/MR domains, so let’s see if they do XR.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back