Domain Empire

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Amazon Dips a Big Toe Into Virtual Reality
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-dips-big-toe-virtual-233000378.html

"Laying the groundwork for the next phase of Prime Video
The initial use of Prime Video VR will be to migrate Amazon's existing content into VR headsets. But the interesting content will be the 360-degree videos that will begin going onto the platform. When VR headsets were launched, well-funded start-ups like Littlstar, Jaunt, and NextVR took aim at the task of distributing 360-degree video content. But they never built sustainable business models, and most have undergone major strategic shifts, or shut down altogether. This leaves an opening for Amazon.

What may give the e-commerce and cloud giant more freedom in the 360-degree video realm is that it's not reliant on making money directly from the VR service. It may choose to fund innovative content -- as like it has done with the original Prime Video service -- to become a premium 360-degree video platform. There are very few financiers in VR and 360-degree video today, so Amazon could easily capture a leading position if it builds popular content.

Netflix model in VR: Pay others to create the content, but build an experience platform in-house that could one day be much bigger. This initial move resembles the Netflix model in VR: Pay others to create the content, but build an experience platform in-house that could one day be much bigger. "

The badly needed content is coming.
But this is still a big boys game. Not good for names. Competition helps. The big boys will make it all the harder for the start-ups to form and survive slim margins.
But, here are platforms for the independents to start under others flags. It's a start.

Last edited:
•••
The VR Linux desktop is on its way
https://www.zdnet.com/article/the-vr-linux-desktop-is-on-its-way/

This should not be overlooked now that linux is at the highest market share it's ever had. I run 9 linux systems (6 of them are servers/3 desktops) myself and only 3 windows. And the fact that it is open source will provide many more tinkerers in the dev field. And some of you XR fans would like the name of that VR desktop.

All little signs of promise going forward. It's growth by any measure. But should help provide the missing growth from the bottom up.
Highly related...
https://uploadvr.com/xrdesktop-collabora-linux-vr/

•••
•••
•••
A must see. So cool.....
"COLLABORATION' has been on MS's mind since the beginning. Not that facebook/oculus isn't on it also, just not as important. MS will be building it into the OS for use in VR & AR.
Right now, enterprise wants/needs it and for us common folks will use it in gaming for the most part but who knows just how far that can go as I see a entirely different social media experience.
I think when they bought MindCraft, it became the heart of their model experimenting with it in getting the platform right and we are starting to see the spin-offs.

•••
A must see. So cool.....

I'm not expecting this to be a popular post after all there are already too many terms being thrown about :banghead:

But anyone been looking into the "Spatial" Keyword with the thought of spatial computing?

Some recent sales:

Spatial (.org) - purchased by medium dot com $2,995
SpatialLabs (.com) $2,000
GeoSpatial (.io) $465
SpatialTechnologies (.com) $434

Last edited:
•••
I'm not expecting this to be a popular post after all there are already too many terms being thrown about :banghead:

But anyone been looking into the "Spatial" Keyword with the thought of spatial computing?

Some recent sales:

GeoSpatial (.io) $465

Own:
Spatial.cloud I recieved $4k offer once

Last edited:
•••
•••

Some recent sales:

GeoSpatial (.io) $465
Knowing about the sales are one thing, but you need to know a few more specifics to really be able to draw conclusions from those sales. Since it is a adjective, it is probably lower used term with many meanings as it is used in the real world. Compare to wash,dry,wet,slippery.
While a few might find it a great fit as part of a brand name, can you figure out who so few.
Sharpen the point on your arrow because you need to be pretty accurate on term/names like this. You can not blanket buy them. Have something well thought out in mind.
Most technology terms have a small footprint if any at all. Few are exception.

•••
•••
Interesting sign...
https://venturebeat.com/2019/08/05/...-revenues-as-demand-fades-for-cheap-headsets/

The market for virtual reality hardware is officially shifting away from budget-priced, low-performance headsets, Strategy Analytics said today, as demand has evaporated for Google’s Cardboard and Daydream products, as well as Samsung’s Gear VR. Consequently, midrange to high-end headsets from Sony, Facebook’s Oculus, and HTC earned 77% of all revenue generated globally by VR headsets last year, while prior top vendors fought for shrinking shares of the lowest-end pie.

•••
•••
•••
Picked up a nice ar domain for this niche.

ArBuddy/com

•••
•••
ExtendedReality.news (running a website over it)
VirtualRealityU dot com
ExtendedReality.Technology (Hand Registered)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Huawei Launches the ‘Huawei VR Glass’ Virtual Reality Glasses, Shipping in December

During the launch event of the Mate 30 Series on September 26 in China, Huawei announced its new Huawei VR Glass virtual reality glasses. The design is sleek and closer to that of real stylish glasses. They are also much lighter than the traditional virtual reality headsets.

https://virtualrealitytimes.com/201...virtual-reality-glasses-shipping-in-december/
Interesting name isn't it.... VR Glass !

•••
This is a good read to understand where the industry is in evolution... And pretty much in-line with what I have been expecting.

Mark Zuckerberg sees the future of AR inside VR like Oculus Quest

https://www.cnet.com/features/mark-zuckerberg-sees-the-future-of-ar-inside-vr-like-oculus-quest/

====
"I don't think it's a 2020 thing. But hopefully it's not a 2030 thing." And even then, Zuckerberg sees VR and AR still living together. "If you think about how we use screens, phones are the ones we bring with us, but half of our time with screens is TVs. I think VR is TV and AR is phones."
====

I like the comparison comparing VR to TV and AR to phones.

•••
====
"I don't think it's a 2020 thing. But hopefully it's not a 2030 thing." And even then, Zuckerberg sees VR and AR still living together. "If you think about how we use screens, phones are the ones we bring with us, but half of our time with screens is TVs. I think VR is TV and AR is phones."
====

I like the comparison comparing VR to TV and AR to phones.
I had always thought it was going to be about 2023

•••
How about exact matches in top cctlds.
like virtualreality.es or mixedreality.us

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back