IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They bargains are there, i bought the cloud names in the middle of the cloud hype, the trick is to find people not on namepros who get sucked into the hype and raise their prices.

The VR/AR tech is still a few years away from mainstream, you only have to check out advertising agencies, real estates, schools, travel agents and other businesses to see just how few of them actually use this technology. It will be almost impossible to find these names cheap in 5-10 years time, its still early days. 😊

I'm always buying.
Sometimes u can get something for low xxx and sometimes a good deal can also come for low mid x,xxx and more.
last few years are harder but as @gilescoley mentioned bargains are there u just need to know where to look for , what to look for , and when to do it :)

Last purchases are in the immersive verticle .

Immersiveshopping(.)com
ImmersiveCams(.)com
Immersivesglasses(.)com

I love the immersive keyword and collecting for a while now

•••
Not been active in a while but decided to add a couple more names:

4D Cinema (.com)

4D cinema's are starting to emerge again with the immersive sector gaining momentum at the moment so I do really like this one.

Immersive Room (.com)

I have also sold 6 VR adult domain names for a nice ROI as well to a pretty big studio. These were all keyword + VR (y)
Great to hear ya again... been a while.
Did you pick 4dcinema up in the aftermarket or as a drop ? Good pick-up in any case.
You know I have a few of both keywords, and many "room(s)"
My memory is not serving me well, but I seem to remember going after that 4d name 5 years ago is why I ask.

Anyway, glad to hear someone is moving these in adult. I have sold some but those sold on traffic value more than name value. Enough to keep me happy anyway.

Looking forward to later next year where I think this should pick-up in a big way if nothing comes around and disrupts the economy. Given the luck we have all had in this for the last 7 years or more, something will go wrong LOL

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Did you pick 4dcinema up in the aftermarket or as a drop ? Good pick-up in any case.
You know I have a few of both keywords, and many "room(s)"
My memory is not serving me well, but I seem to remember going after that 4d name 5 years ago is why I ask.

Anyway, glad to hear someone is moving these in adult. I have sold some but those sold on traffic value more than name value. Enough to keep me happy anyway.

Looking forward to later next year where I think this should pick-up in a big way if nothing comes around and disrupts the economy. Given the luck we have all had in this for the last 7 years or more, something will go wrong LOL

4Dcinema was a drop that went to auction that had a few interested parties. I was very happy with the price I paid though.

I am happy enough with the VR adult sales. I have still kept what I consider to be my best VR niched adult domains so was a win win as far as I was concerned.

The company I sold to said they are very optimistic about the future of VR in the industry. It has only penetrated a small percent at the moment and they expect It to become pretty much the standard in years to come.

They are what I consider to be within the top 3 companies in the adult industry, as far as paid content though I would say they are no 1(y)

Last edited:
•••
4Dcinema was a drop that went to auction that had a few interested parties. I was very happy with the price I paid though.

I am happy enough with the VR adult sales. I have still kept what I consider to be my best VR niched adult domains so was a win win as far as I was concerned.

The company I sold to said they are very optimistic about the future of VR in the industry. It has only penetrated a small percent at the moment and they expect It to become pretty much the standard in years to come.

They are what I consider to be within the top 3 companies in the adult industry, as far as paid content though I would say they are no 1(y)

That's an awesome buy. I'm really into my single words domains now, but if saw that would have put a bid in, it's a industry defining domain at the end of the day that i think will be popular.

•••

I hope you're right and the market starts moving next year, you think that with the VR figures for 2019 it will be enough to generate a stable market for VR domain names.

And the other mates, how do you see 2019 ?.

•••
I hope you're right and the market starts moving next year, you think that with the VR figures for 2019 it will be enough to generate a stable market for VR domain names.

And the other mates, how do you see 2019 ?.
You should know that I have been saying for some time that we need the start-ups.
That is where the volume of names 'need' come from that drive prices in volume.

That venture capital needs to see this is a 'thing' in the market before putting their money forward.
Thus far we have only seen the big players struggling to carve out a position in the market.

While we all see the direction, it has to be seen by those venture capital folks. Profits from hardware manufactures and number of units in the field for the software potential.

It seems those players we have seen thus far are in a all out push for 2019. And some new ones like PiVR.
Many with next gen hardware are purposely waiting till the new year to release those products
as so not to compete with themselves into the holiday when they did not have enough time to properly introduce the new products that will be better/cheaper and force pricing down on the 1st gen products.

But the tricky part right now will be if we meet expectations for 2019.
If not the VC investment money will never come and this will just trickle out over time.

I'm in the camp that it will meet expectations and a year from now this will look a bit different.
What we thought was going to happen 3 years ago will finally start.

Now that is how I see it for VR
AR on the other hand is not at the stage VR was in 2015. We really do not have products yet.
In 2015 we had 3 competing VR products that were affordable and widely available.
Pricing and content are not present are still a issue for AR (glasses style).
If VR does not fly next year, it will be all the harder to get that same kinda investment outside of the big boys in AR. It will continue to be a Enterprise type buyers who can justify the high cost.
That will change if and when Apple enters the market. But not fast since it still is not cheap but they already have a total ecosystem for software that does not need to be developed. Just augmented.

We may see some discounting in VR pricing before new models come out next year and pricing drops yet again starting the new year. Especially if inventories are high. Changing the entry level pricing. All in all, we will have the respectable numbers needed to entice the developer to make content next year and that is the number one reason I am optimistic on 2019. But looking at it from the dev's point of view, you still have to make the same product for multiple devices and that is not attractive. We still need some standards. If I write something for a WinMR, will it work on a Vive ? NOT ! That too is coming but not here yet.
Most of the names sold will be to those dev's in new start-ups.

•••
•••

Any common keywords they were buying ?
You can reply on this link if needed...
https://www.namepros.com/threads/adult-vr-ar-mr-holo-3d-4d-cyber-virtual-realitys.1009562/page-15

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
HoloHome.com sold for 3,024$ on Godaddy .

High for a reseller imo for this one , but good luck for the buyer

•••
Alert on One of Sony's Investments: Niantic Participates In DigiLens' UNDISCLOSED Funding Round

Fri, Nov 30, 7:37 PM (9 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Instant Insight

raised an undisclosed amount in an Equity round
DigiLens designs and develops holographic waveguide displays for augmented reality applications.

•••
holohome is super name.. home is always great keyword for new techs.

I guess we can't be sure its reseller..........but there is good chance it is...

either way.. I sold holographichome..com for about half this price ..2 years ago..

and still hold holographichouse..com.. not as good.. but worth a shot imo

•••
Tron’s Justin Sun Investing $100 Million To Put Video Games on the Blockchain

https://blockonomi.com/trons-justin-sun-100-million-video-games/

That market already exists in the current games industry, and a blockchain-based platform only makes it easier to do so. “You can earn stuff, or a token, while you are playing,” claims Sun. “It makes the world of Ready Player One real.”

•••
speaking of holo sales

this one means hologram in french.. or simply.. hologramME... depending who uses it I guess.

hologramme.com 1,322 USD 2018-11-29 NameJet

not mine.

•••
•••
Chinese Tech Giant Huawei Aims to Commercialize AR Headset in 1-2 Years
https://www.roadtovr.com/chinese-tech-giant-huawei-aims-commercialize-ar-headset-1-2-years/

"As the world’s largest telecom manufacturer, when Chinese tech giant Huawei makes a market prediction, they have plenty of room to speak. Talking in an interview with CNBC, Huawei CEO Richard Yu says the industry at large will begin commercializing AR headsets within one to two years, Huawei included."
The foundations are being laid for a massive technological shift.

Huawei Cloud Announces Global Launch of its Blockchain Services

https://www.ccn.com/huawei-cloud-announces-global-launch-of-its-blockchain-services

•••
Hong Kong's Alphaslot Brings the Blockchain Revolution to Millions in Digital Entertainment Gaming

https://markets.businessinsider.com...ns-in-digital-entertainment-gaming-1027773299

New technologies such as 3D and VR are widely applied in the industry, but the market remains frustrated in its efforts to develop new clientele. The rise of blockchain technology, however, will break these hurdles and usher the global entertainment gaming industry into a new interactive era.

•••
•••
DNJ / we 12/2/18

FaceCam.com $3,700

hmmm....

•••
•••
Hard to believe but it's been just over 5 years since my first Oculus DK1

I was cleaning up my email archives and noticed my e-receipt.
I still have it and the original packing and box.
Someday with a early serial number, it could bring some value, but right now they are worthless.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back