IT.COM

Hi, I'm New Here. Advice for a newbie?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Matthew Wellington

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to domaining (in that I own 20-30 domains but haven't sold any yet).

Question for everyone is:

If you could give a newbie one bit of advice, what would it be?

Where is the best place to sell domains? What criteria to buy? To disregard godaddy/estibot valuations completely (or may they have some sustinence to them if considered with logic)?

Thank you everyone!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Welcome @Matthew Wellington!

Advice to newbies: Study, study and study!

Best place to list domains? Everywhere i.e Dan, Sedo, Afternic, Uniregistry.

Valuations: As you learn and experience domaining you will build your own set of specific criteria to value domains. Your goal for now should be to find 10 data points that you believe are critical to domain value (do this yourself) by reading and researching domain sales. Use these 10 criteria as a foundation for every purchase and continue to add to those criteria/evolve them to suite specific domain niches as you grow your breadth of knowledge. It's all about being consistent in your approach.

Take your time. Domaining is a marathon not a sprint.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Welcome...find your own way....your learning curve, your pocket, your skill of emotion control, your skill of budgeting control, your skill of negotiation, your overall knowledge, your language skill, your sense of New trends, your style and taste, will define your own way of domaining...good luck...

•••
cartoon-military-general-salute.jpg

•••
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to domaining (in that I own 20-30 domains but haven't sold any yet).

Question for everyone is:

If you could give a newbie one bit of advice, what would it be?

Where is the best place to sell domains? What criteria to buy? To disregard godaddy/estibot valuations completely (or may they have some sustinence to them if considered with logic)?

Thank you everyone!

Welcome to nP!

Slow down, you can read it from this forum.

•••
I am newbie as well. Just a couple of years only. Great suggestions have been given to you here. As a newbie, let me tell you that, spending and making mistakes is going to help you more. So don't worry about spending a little bit. I don't agree with some experts who say that only spend once you have knowledge. So my advice would be to go for some hand reg, keeping in mind that they will only teach you that these are the types of domains you want to avoid. I also stayed with .com only after getting suggestions from here and now after two years of starting, i have started playing with .org. It takes time to understand so many things.

Best of luck.

•••
•••
Better to spend first 2-3 weeks just read and track on this platform before taking any serious actions. As a newbie i have regret to not do that :-/

Good luck with you !

Olcayto

More like 2 to 3 months

•••
Start slow, be patient, do the research, make the very best effort to find a value for a domain name you are considering (no one knows precisely) and don't overpay for it. Avoid over-simplified rules. Have fun.

OK that is more than one! :xf.eek:

Welcome to NamePros @Matthew Wellington I am sure you will find this community of great value. We look forward to your contributions, and this thread, with all the replies it generated, is an excellent contribution you started.

Best wishes for success.

Bob

•••
I don't want to discourage you, but domaining is very hard. It can take years to master. For beginners it's much easier to make profits in crypto. With little prior experience I doubled my portfolio in a few months.

•••
•••
Welcome to the Great NP Family @Matthew Wellington

The domain industry is very vast and requires lots of research and patience to be productive in the space.

I'll suggest you go through Domain Graduate Handbook to get additional information to your library on domaining. You can get the handbook on Domaingraduate.com. it's free.

Cheers

•••
Welcome to NP :xf.smile:

You are in the right place.

There's almost everything you might need to know in NamePros, read and search.

Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back