Dynadot

Hi all

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice forum you have here :) I found you by google i have a hosting business which i just started but am unsure about 2 of the plans i made and would like your discussion on it my first unsure plan is unlimited space and of course you might say there is no such thing but would this put you off when buying hosting, and the 2nd plan is unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth the same question applies to both please.

thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Graham, Welcome to Web Design Talk!

About unlimited bandwidth and disk space, well in the hosting business they truely don't exist. It's a fact. Beleive it or not, there are people out there who can easily use up one terrabyte of bandwidth in a month! And ones who will really use 150 GIG worth of disk space. Most these people have enough sense to know that there's no such thing as unlimited though, but not all of them.

Well are you going to cut them off if they do start using 1 terrabyte of bandwidth a month since you're offering them unlimited? Is your hard drive going to be big enough for them clients that start using 150 Gigs of disk space and all your other clients? I think you can see the point I'm trying to make. You will have no choice, but to cut them off, well letting your server crash continuously may be a second choice. :D

I would strongly advise against offering unlimited disk space or bandwidth. You'll run into more trouble than it's worth. We'll see what others say about it though. :)

And by the way you can ask all the questions you want about hosting in the hosting and domains forum if you'd like. :)

•••
Ok thanks ill changed my plans then :P because a friend offered me some hosting and he said i could sell it but add my prices ontop of his and his are all unlimited space and some unlimited bandwidth.

Anyway here is my url: http://www.bbhost.org/

•••
Welcome to Web Design Talk! :) About the unlimited stuff I agree with deadserious. You'll have to cut it off a some point and then your clients will get mad and yell at you for saying it is supposed to be unlimited.

•••
Hello Graham and welcome to Web Design Talk :)

•••
yeah i thought so i axed the two plans that i had with unlimited from my friend i think ill keep them on my own server.

•••
i know you didnt ask for it but im gonna say one thing about your site

the color of the font i find quite hard to read, seems a little to light compared to the background color,

just something i noticed :)

•••
k thanks i appreciate feedback :P i was trying to get a dark colour but not as dark as #333333 ill try and find another decent one :P

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back