IT.COM

Here is my domaining story - Ask me your questions.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NetworkPearl

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I've been having a great success in domaining ever since I started, already made 6 figs profit this year and had been doing great previously as well.

My domaining journey started about 4 years ago when I was 16-17 years old. I have had a great knack for everything related to technology etc, been playing games and using computers since I was 2 years old. I'm also lucky enough to belong to a well previliged family, studying in one of the best schools and colleges in my country.

Anyways, let's start off with my domaining story. I have been more into flipping ever since I began. The first domain that I sold was HoustonSwimSchool.com, bought for $10, sold for $320. I've sold many many geo domains since then and owing to this, I moved on forward with bigger domains. Domaining.com, DomainSherpa.com, Namepros.com and other domaining related websties were my daily dose of information and they helped me quite alot. I remember waiting eagerly for every DomainSherpa.com interview.

Some of the domains that I sold:

4 and 5 figs sales (sold every domain for profit except for 1 as I recall ):

few sales include(all of them are flips except for 1 or two):

Smaller.com - sold for $11k, bought for $2.5k , quick flip within a month
Gali.com - sold for $25k, bought for very low 4 figs , quick flip within a few days
Grew.com - sold for $11k, brokered it for original owner, quick flip within a few days
Write.com (sold recently) - sold for $190k, rest details private
xOnline.com - sold for $5.5k, bought for $500 , quick flip within a week
Studio55.com - sold for $2k, bought for mid 3 figs , inbound offer
VisualLabs.com sold for $2.5k, bought for mid 3 figs , flipped to reseller
LaptopParts.com sold for around $3k, bought for mid 3 figs , flipped to reseller
ProServices.com- sold for $2.5k, bought for $1700 figs , sold to reseller (flip)
TotalBody.com sold for $4.1k, bought for $3850 , negotiated after GD auction
Soez.com - sold for $2.5k, bought for $1000 , negotiated after GD auction
Proe.com- sold for MID 4 FIGS, bought for LOW 4 FIGS , Namejet auction
Cacc.com - sold for MID 4 FIGS, bought for LOW 4 FIGS , Namejet auction ( same as above)
Focl.com -sold for $900, bought for mid 3 figs , sold to reseller (flip)
AiPod -sold for $1k, bought for $69 , sold through inbound offer.

I have also made profit in geo domains usually sold 3/5 that I bought for low- high 2 figs and sold them for $200-$500.

And guys I DO NOT OWN A PORTFOLIO. I have been more of a flipper but now I'm thinking to build a portfolio since I have enough funds. You can make a living just through flipping domains.

And yes, I would love to answer any questions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi NetworkPearl. First of all, congratulations for your sale of Write.com and thanks for telling us your history!

As I see, there's one sale that clearly stands out over the rest, and that is that one.

And here, the key question would be: For how much you acquired that one? :)

In my opinion you could have sold this one to the right end user for 7 figures, not to mention the $30M of Voice.com

Anyway, $190k now is big money that you can use for whatever you want now, without having to wait to the right end user.

I see now that it has been bought by a top domain reseller. He is going to put this one for sale clearly for 7 figures.

But as I say, $190k now is big money that will help you in whatever you want to do right now.

Again, thank you for your post, for reporting the big sale of Write.com and very big congratulations for the sale!

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for disclosing this information!

you’re a hero!! NDA’s are selfish

ur story inspires me, wish continued success, thank u for giving back!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Hi NetworkPearl. First of all, congratulations for your sale of Write.com and thanks for telling us your history!

As I see, there's one sale that clearly stands out over the rest, and that is that one.

And here, the key question would be: For how much you acquired that one? :)

In my opinion you could have sold this one to the right end user for 7 figures, not to mention the $30M of Voice.com

Anyway, $190k now is big money that you can use for whatever you want now, without having to what that end user.

I see now that it has been bought by a top domain reseller. He is going to put this one for sale clearly for 7 figures.

But as I say, $190k now is big money that will help you in whatever you want to do right now.

Again, thank you for your post, for reporting the big sale of Write.com and very big congratulations for the sale!
Hi it's not a good idea to sit on just 1 domain unless you own hundreds or thousands. The best option is to sell a domain and buy 3 similar domains which have a better chance of selling for more.

•••
Hi it's not a good idea to sit on just 1 domain unless you own hundreds or thousands. The best option is to sell a domain and buy 3 similar domains which have a better chance of selling for more.
I totally agree! Very good done really, you can invest now the $190k for whatever you want, for domaining or for anything else.

•••
I totally agree! Very good done really, you can invest now the $190k for whatever you want, for domaining or for anything else.
yes, I'm going to diversify my money now.

•••
where to buy domains? (low xxx - mid x,xxx)

•••
where to buy domains? (low xxx - mid x,xxx)

80% of them are through private deals rest through auctions or pre release.

•••
What's your take on the new extensions?
And what changes have occurred in domaining now compared to the time you began?
Thanks

•••
What's your take on the new extensions?
And what changes have occurred in domaining now compared to the time you began?
Thanks
I have never bought any other domain aside from a .com and .nets Bought probably 1-3 .net in my entire domaining career. The .org extension might be good with certain keywords. I would prefer to stick with .com though.

•••
Congrats on your sales and thanks for sharing your journey!

The write.com sale definitely stands out, and reading between the lines I believe you acquired that for five figures and flipped it for 190k. That's a very impressive buy more than an impressive sale.

That's the big leagues game -- if you have enough capital to present someone privately with a sizable offer on a name you know is worth much more, the work is mostly done for you. There are a couple of obvious domain investors who would pay high five-low six figures for that kind of name, so the challenge is finding people with great names who don't appreciate their value and would be impressed with a five figure offer.

So now that you have the capital to rinse and repeat, the question is - what are you going to buy next?

•••
Congrats.. and Thanks for sharing.

•••
Write would have been tough decision sets you up a long time but room for more.

•••
Congratulations on your acquisitions and sales. Thanks for sharing.

•••
My story is similar to yours, I started my domain flipping career since 12 years old, and the accumulated earnings till 20 was about $300,000 USD, however, it was about 15 years ago (less competitive and easy to grab quality expired domains at that time.) Now I am 35 years old.

Last edited:
•••
What tools do you use to make purchase decisions?

•••
Did you do outbound or relied on inbound? If outbound, how did you do so?

•••
Congrats @NetworkPearl (y)
Thanks for sharing in detail.

You did fantastic job in buying those domains at good prices. However, I would say that you undersold most of them. However, I can understand this has to be done until you get financially stable and then build your portfolio and hold onto bigger domains.

Now is the time to buy and hold some of the top domains and keep flipping the rest until you stop flipping completely and focus on targeting endusers only.

•••
can i know how much percentage of your domain was sold & what was ur avarage waiting or holding time? i am doing this for 8 months & 8 of my domains are sold but all xx price...

•••
I have never bought any other domain aside from a .com and .nets Bought probably 1-3 .net in my entire domaining career. The .org extension might be good with certain keywords. I would prefer to stick with .com though.
My interest has garnered into short 1 word, 2word, LLL.com domains that have a good resale and retail value.
What tools do you use to make purchase decisions?
I just use expireddomains.net everything is available there

•••
Did you do outbound or relied on inbound? If outbound, how did you do so?
I never relied on inbound except for 2 domains and all of them have been sold through flipping to other investors or on auction etc. Write.com was sold to another investor through outbound. He was the one of the 3 people I contacted.

Other than that 95% of my geo domains have been sold through outbound.

•••
can i know how much percentage of your domain was sold & what was ur avarage waiting or holding time? i am doing this for 8 months & 8 of my domains are sold but all xx price...
As I mentioned i’ve been more a flipper since I’m an impatient guy and don’t like to sit on a name when I can make a good profit just from flipping it. You probably need to extend your budget and buy better names and come up with newer strategies.

•••
Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your domaining story. Some very good acquisitions and sales. You did a great job. I wish you all the best.

•••
I am inspired by your story. I started domaining this year, I am yet to make a sale, I have been trying my hands on Geo domains picked from expireddomains.net. Hopefully, soon I will have a good domaining story to tell.

•••
Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing.

Definitely lots to learn from your journey.

Wish you the best for the future.

•••
Back