IT.COM

Here is my domaining story - Ask me your questions.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NetworkPearl

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I've been having a great success in domaining ever since I started, already made 6 figs profit this year and had been doing great previously as well.

My domaining journey started about 4 years ago when I was 16-17 years old. I have had a great knack for everything related to technology etc, been playing games and using computers since I was 2 years old. I'm also lucky enough to belong to a well previliged family, studying in one of the best schools and colleges in my country.

Anyways, let's start off with my domaining story. I have been more into flipping ever since I began. The first domain that I sold was HoustonSwimSchool.com, bought for $10, sold for $320. I've sold many many geo domains since then and owing to this, I moved on forward with bigger domains. Domaining.com, DomainSherpa.com, Namepros.com and other domaining related websties were my daily dose of information and they helped me quite alot. I remember waiting eagerly for every DomainSherpa.com interview.

Some of the domains that I sold:

4 and 5 figs sales (sold every domain for profit except for 1 as I recall ):

few sales include(all of them are flips except for 1 or two):

Smaller.com - sold for $11k, bought for $2.5k , quick flip within a month
Gali.com - sold for $25k, bought for very low 4 figs , quick flip within a few days
Grew.com - sold for $11k, brokered it for original owner, quick flip within a few days
Write.com (sold recently) - sold for $190k, rest details private
xOnline.com - sold for $5.5k, bought for $500 , quick flip within a week
Studio55.com - sold for $2k, bought for mid 3 figs , inbound offer
VisualLabs.com sold for $2.5k, bought for mid 3 figs , flipped to reseller
LaptopParts.com sold for around $3k, bought for mid 3 figs , flipped to reseller
ProServices.com- sold for $2.5k, bought for $1700 figs , sold to reseller (flip)
TotalBody.com sold for $4.1k, bought for $3850 , negotiated after GD auction
Soez.com - sold for $2.5k, bought for $1000 , negotiated after GD auction
Proe.com- sold for MID 4 FIGS, bought for LOW 4 FIGS , Namejet auction
Cacc.com - sold for MID 4 FIGS, bought for LOW 4 FIGS , Namejet auction ( same as above)
Focl.com -sold for $900, bought for mid 3 figs , sold to reseller (flip)
AiPod -sold for $1k, bought for $69 , sold through inbound offer.

I have also made profit in geo domains usually sold 3/5 that I bought for low- high 2 figs and sold them for $200-$500.

And guys I DO NOT OWN A PORTFOLIO. I have been more of a flipper but now I'm thinking to build a portfolio since I have enough funds. You can make a living just through flipping domains.

And yes, I would love to answer any questions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Terrific story man.

Thanks for sharing.

•••
Do you focus on acquisitions or hand regs?
Thanks for sharing.

•••
Thanks for sharing.

the one who can read
clearly has some advantages

•••
You seem to have sold most domains very quickly. How did you manage to find buyers so quickly when the previous owner obviously couldn't?

Some you auctioned, so for those did you just realize that you could get more at auction than the current owner wanted for it? How did you get traffic to your auctions?

•••
Congratulations and I wish more sales coming in your way!
I play the quick flipping game and have/had tremendous success with it. Flipped many domains within 60 days like Leaking.com, Shooting.net, DispatchSoftware.com, so on.

Yeah, building a good portfolio is a great idea and I did the same. I have acquired HorizonLogistics.com for the right buyer and it paid me a low five-figure amount.

I suggest you to build a quality portfolio over quantity.

Last edited:
•••
@NetworkPearl Congrats.
You said you buy 80% domain through private deals. Could you give insight
1. Do you buy from other domainer or from domain owner who didn't used the domain?
2. How you first identify a domain, what criteria you use and any sites you use like Sedo listing etc to find the domain
3. And how you approach the seller
4. Just give a example of a domain how to found that domain, why you choose to buy it and way you Sold it

•••
Thanks for sharing.
Never handregged a domain apart from a few geo domains and a name for my company.

•••
You seem to have sold most domains very quickly. How did you manage to find buyers so quickly when the previous owner obviously couldn't?

Some you auctioned, so for those did you just realize that you could get more at auction than the current owner wanted for it? How did you get traffic to your auctions?

Almost every domain I bought has been bought for a price lower than the resell value, so I wasn’t losing anything. For instance I bought xOnline.com for $500. I knew this would get atleast $3k in GD auction so I put it on auction and was sold for $5.5k

if you have a good domain it would receive bids on GD/ Namejet anyways.

•••
@NetworkPearl Congrats.
You said you buy 80% domain through private deals. Could you give insight
1. Do you buy from other domainer or from domain owner who didn't used the domain?
2. How you first identify a domain, what criteria you use and any sites you use like Sedo listing etc to find the domain
3. And how you approach the seller
4. Just give a example of a domain how to found that domain, why you choose to buy it and way you Sold it

1: I can’t recall buying a domain directly from another domainer so I don’t think so.
2: really hard to answer that, you have to come up with your own methods
3: by email/phone
4:Given above example of xOnline

•••
Just my congratulations again :)

Last edited:
•••
It’s a good lesson for those guys still scrounging to make money off ninety nine cent hand regs that it’s often better to spend real money on quality domains for resale.

•••
Almost every domain I bought has been bought for a price lower than the resell value, so I wasn’t losing anything. For instance I bought xOnline.com for $500. I knew this would get atleast $3k in GD auction so I put it on auction and was sold for $5.5k

if you have a good domain it would receive bids on GD/ Namejet anyways.
That's interesting because quite a few domainers just seem to buy domains, list them and then not do anything at all to sell them. It shows what can be done if you actively try to sell them buy contacting potential end users, putting them up for auction, etc.

What about the domains that you didn't sell at auction. How did you find buyer's so quickly?

•••
Congrats on your sales!

Congrats on your buying and selling strategies!

Thanks for your openness and willingness to share your success story!

Great accomplishments!

Last edited:
•••
That's interesting because quite a few domainers just seem to buy domains, list them and then not do anything at all to sell them. It shows what can be done if you actively try to sell them buy contacting potential end users, putting them up for auction, etc.

What about the domains that you didn't sell at auction. How did you find buyer's so quickly?
I usually mention in the Auction that offers can be sent to my whois. If the reserve is not met then usually people email me with offers and then we negotiate etc.

•••
I usually mention in the Auction that offers can be sent to my whois. If the reserve is not met then usually people email me with offers and then we negotiate etc.
Excellent idea that I hadn't though of.

•••
Congratulation.Thanks for sharing.

•••
Congratulations on your successful journey! I am jealous of the write deal. :xf.smile:

•••
This is an encouraging story. Indeed its time to build a portfolio.

•••
1: I can’t recall buying a domain directly from another domainer so I don’t think so.
2: really hard to answer that, you have to come up with your own methods
3: by email/phone
4:Given above example of xOnline

@NetworkPearl 3 point, could you share email template . Do you offer buy price on first mail itself?

•••
Hi,

I've been having a great success in domaining ever since I started, already made 6 figs profit this year and had been doing great previously as well.

My domaining journey started about 4 years ago when I was 16-17 years old. I have had a great knack for everything related to technology etc, been playing games and using computers since I was 2 years old. I'm also lucky enough to belong to a well previliged family, studying in one of the best schools and colleges in my country.

Anyways, let's start off with my domaining story. I have been more into flipping ever since I began. The first domain that I sold was HoustonSwimSchool.com, bought for $10, sold for $320. I've sold many many geo domains since then and owing to this, I moved on forward with bigger domains. Domaining.com, DomainSherpa.com, Namepros.com and other domaining related websties were my daily dose of information and they helped me quite alot. I remember waiting eagerly for every DomainSherpa.com interview.

Some of the domains that I sold:

4 and 5 figs sales (sold every domain for profit except for 1 as I recall ):

few sales include(all of them are flips except for 1 or two):

Smaller.com - sold for $11k, bought for $2.5k , quick flip within a month
Gali.com - sold for $25k, bought for very low 4 figs , quick flip within a few days
Grew.com - sold for $11k, brokered it for original owner, quick flip within a few days
Write.com (sold recently) - sold for $190k, rest details private
xOnline.com - sold for $5.5k, bought for $500 , quick flip within a week
Studio55.com - sold for $2k, bought for mid 3 figs , inbound offer
VisualLabs.com sold for $2.5k, bought for mid 3 figs , flipped to reseller
LaptopParts.com sold for around $3k, bought for mid 3 figs , flipped to reseller
ProServices.com- sold for $2.5k, bought for $1700 figs , sold to reseller (flip)
TotalBody.com sold for $4.1k, bought for $3850 , negotiated after GD auction
Soez.com - sold for $2.5k, bought for $1000 , negotiated after GD auction
Proe.com- sold for MID 4 FIGS, bought for LOW 4 FIGS , Namejet auction
Cacc.com - sold for MID 4 FIGS, bought for LOW 4 FIGS , Namejet auction ( same as above)
Focl.com -sold for $900, bought for mid 3 figs , sold to reseller (flip)
AiPod -sold for $1k, bought for $69 , sold through inbound offer.

I have also made profit in geo domains usually sold 3/5 that I bought for low- high 2 figs and sold them for $200-$500.

And guys I DO NOT OWN A PORTFOLIO. I have been more of a flipper but now I'm thinking to build a portfolio since I have enough funds. You can make a living just through flipping domains.

And yes, I would love to answer any questions.

You did good for somebody that started at 17 years old. There are some older people that wish they had this kind of success. Good luck to you.

•••
I am very much new in this field pls guide how to start for gathering domain related information specially process for selling a domain, thanks in advance

•••
great insight. thank you and all the best in your future endeavours!

•••
Congratulations on so much success and with a different business model of essentially concentrating only on quick flips (with somewhat more limited ROI ratios per domain, perhaps) rather than the traditional model of a portfolio most of which will not sell in any given year. I see considerable merits in your approach, and you have proven it works for you! :xf.smile:

My domaining journey started about 4 years ago when I was 16-17 years old.
Did you encounter any problems at start that they would not let you do transactions below legal contract age? Or maybe that age is different where you live.

i really like many of the great names you have handled, especially smaller, grew and write.

Thanks for telling us about it @NetworkPearl!

Bob

PS Can you share more ideas on how you go about private acquisitions? i think this is something many of us do not do, but can find some great names at outstanding values, but not a ton written on how to approach doing it.

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations on so much success and with a different business model of essentially concentrating only on quick flips (with somewhat more limited ROI ratios per domain, perhaps) rather than the traditional model of a portfolio most of which will not sell in any given year. I see considerable merits in your approach, and you have proven it works for you! :xf.smile:

Did you encounter any problems at start that they would not let you do transactions below legal contract age? Or maybe that age is different where you live.

i really like many of the great names you have handled, especially smaller, grew and write.

Thanks for telling us about it @NetworkPearl!

Bob
I have a payoneer account which I have been using for 4 years so that is what i used in the beginning (still use it) for 3 fig transacations. That's the best option if you have payment issues.

For 4 figs or higher, I use my bank account in my country and all transactions are through escrow.com or sedo escrow.

•••
I have a payoneer account which I have been using for 4 years so that is what i used in the beginning
I have not used their service, but they do state 18 is minimum age to use Payoneer Clearly it does not matter now, but just reference for others. Thanks for answer. I simply asked because some others who tried to start in domains in HS encountered issues with some registrars and certain marketplaces I believe.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back