IT.COM

.com ForexAccount.com - WOW - KICK MESELF!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
Sold for $55,000 at NamesCon. Bought for $7,605 at Dropcatch. All within 4 months.

I got outbid and lost on a big flip..:(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't feel too bad Larry, this one looks like a lot of luck involved, hard to forecast that kind of sale price for this name. I've been involved in the space since '99 and I would not have paid anywhere near $7K on the drop.

•••
This year's NamesCon had some high prices on some keyword domains. Even in .net..etc Maybe the keyword market is turning.. or maybe newbies with big pockets ;)

•••
It happens, hang in there.

•••
stay in the game buddy...

•••
Don't feel too bad Larry, this one looks like a lot of luck involved, hard to forecast that kind of sale price for this name. I've been involved in the space since '99 and I would not have paid anywhere near $7K on the drop.

Completely agreed and i'm also in this space or I should say will be soon in a serious way and have some real premium forex domains which I spent top $ on. I think I remember seeing this name for sale at dropcatch and didn't bother when I saw where it was going.

It was a total fluke sale, no company in the forex market will ever buy it north of $50k when they won't buy it to brand on. You are not going to spend close to 6 figures, brand and say in online/offline marketing, hey we are forexaccount.com visit us at forexaccount.com etc.

It is almost too generic to brand on IMO. In fact I think it used to have a simple blog on it before dropping, nothing major and frankly I don't see a massive project starting on it. It's one of those names that sound great but when you really think about it aren't as good as you first thought.

Far more likely it will be bought as a redirect and i'm telling you no one in forex will pay north of $50k for a redirect for this name, the buyer unfortunately will be waiting forever for a sale I fear.

Don't worry Larry, these sort of flukes will happen every once in a while for sellers either to end users or occasionally like this to domainers. Well done the seller but you did nothing wrong, it isn't a big 5 figure name IMO!

Last edited:
•••
It looks to be suited for the affiliate side, steep price but as we all know it's a lucrative industry, someone must have a plan.

•••
Nothing to worry about , you did fine sticking to your budget.

Perhaps they would outbid you no matter what !

•••
It looks to be suited for the affiliate side, steep price but as we all know it's a lucrative industry, someone must have a plan.

Trust me I know this market and yes it's extremely lucrative, I have great forex domains with substantial type in traffic and know the sort of value good traffic can get you, but it is simply not worth even close to that price and certainly not at domainer pricing. There are better names in this niche you can buy for less or equivalent. It was a massive mistake on the buy unless as you say he has a clear plan on dev then i guess you can live with it.

The fact you could buy it on dropcatch for sub $10k just months ago tells you that. I do not see any end user paying up over $20-25k for it period. I am amazed the buyer didn't bother to research that before putting down $55k, unless again he wants to develop it out in which case it's a different ball game.

I would love to be wrong on this for the buyers sake but I doubt it very much unfortunately.

Last edited:
•••
•••
But think about this! There was a second person who was willing to pay $50,000 as his bid was beaten out by the $55,000. So there were two big bankers bidding there.

•••
But think about this! There was a second person who was willing to pay $50,000 as his bid was beaten out by the $55,000. So there were two big bankers bidding there.

They are both wrong period.

Trust me I know this niche and looking at it from an end user perspective. Even $7k was a high price to pay. $50k+ absolutely bonkers, i'm 99% this will never even get close to making ROI.

•••
Don't worry Friend.. Take a Chance Again For other Domain...:xf.cool:

•••
Is this a confirmed sale, I would guess the bidder would have to be verified, but that doesn't mean it's 100%?

•••
Was the sale price for the plural? Haven't seen any change in ForexAccount.com whois since the reported sale.

•••
I'm not surprised the whois hasn't changed yet. NamesCon auction took close to 5 months to close a sale I had with them last year. I almost canceled it.

Was the sale price for the plural? Haven't seen any change in ForexAccount.com whois since the reported sale.

•••
You were out of bid from Dropcatch? Don't be unhappy too much, From that you have been learned a lot of things, there will be some good chances for you in future.

•••
I've already received my domain I bought from the extended namescon auction and this sale was from the earlier live auction, so I guess it's possible the sale didn't happen anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if it didn't complete.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back