Dynadot

Help!! With Namecheap account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sheries11

Established Member
Impact
I have already heard the same story here on Namepros before, but i didn't pay attention ( until it happened with me )

I have almost 10 domains + a VPS hosting on Namecheap

5 days ago out of no where i found 2 purchases notifications from my bank that i didn't make using my Namecheap account so i tried to log in into my Namecheap account it didn't let me, and it said the USERNAME does not exist !!!!

I tried to reset the password through my email address, it didn't send me any thing to my email.

I contacted the customer support : they locked my account for safety just in case if it got hacked.

Now it has been 4 days with almost 10 emails from and to their Risk managment department.
with a lot questions and investigations, and they don't seem cooperating at all.

After all these emails they are asking me to email them from a new email !!!! just in case if my email is compromised!!!
As if all these 10 emails and investigations were nothing !!

What the hell are they doing !!!!

My 13 years old domains are just getting vanished !!!

and in few days my VPS will get expired and server / websites will be turned off while they are playing non professionally!!

Help please !!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
At last something serious, Namecheap emailed me asking for National ID verification. Done from my side and waiting for reply.

•••
Yes, as I said, I can help and evidently it's working. 😁

•••
•••
Account has been recovered. everything is working fine now.

They took a long time, but now its time to breath ..

Thank you for everyone who has said a positive word here. god bless you all

•••
Account has been recovered. everything is working fine now.

They took a long time, but now its time to breath ..

Thank you for everyone who has said a positive word here. god bless you all
I had faith the whole time... [Since Dec 6, 2013 (8 years, 66 days ago)]

Plus, they have always had great tech support.

Glad you got your stuff back!

Be safe on the internet

•••
I have already heard the same story here on Namepros before, but i didn't pay attention ( until it happened with me )

I have almost 10 domains + a VPS hosting on Namecheap

5 days ago out of no where i found 2 purchases notifications from my bank that i didn't make using my Namecheap account so i tried to log in into my Namecheap account it didn't let me, and it said the USERNAME does not exist !!!!

I tried to reset the password through my email address, it didn't send me any thing to my email.

I contacted the customer support : they locked my account for safety just in case if it got hacked.

Now it has been 4 days with almost 10 emails from and to their Risk managment department.
with a lot questions and investigations, and they don't seem cooperating at all.

After all these emails they are asking me to email them from a new email !!!! just in case if my email is compromised!!!
As if all these 10 emails and investigations were nothing !!

What the hell are they doing !!!!

My 13 years old domains are just getting vanished !!!

and in few days my VPS will get expired and server / websites will be turned off while they are playing non professionally!!

Help please !!
My experience with their customer service is very good. Try to email them from another email id, giving full details. Maybe it will work.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back