IT.COM

NameCheap Survey

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cdomains

Top Member
Impact
Has anyone received an email from NameCheap to complete a survey?

They say they will give you a $10 credit in your account.

At the end they ask for your email address and user name, and maybe password.

I don't know because I haven't finished it yet.

I am reluctant to complete this just in case it is not real.

I checked the source code of the email and it seems legit, but I still feel uncomfortable giving this info.

Anybody else get this email, or complete the survey?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just did it, was slightly tedious, took a good 15 minutes and I go pretty fast. NC username and email was all they asked for. Says it can take 2 weeks for credit.

If you're concerned get on with Chat https://www.namecheap.com/support/live-chat.aspx

•••
I just got it, and completed it.

They DO NOT ask for your password. Only your NameCheap email and username, so they can credit the $10 to the right account.

F*cking love NameCheap. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
OK, I just got off a chat with NC and they verified everything.

They verified the email it was sent from and that it is legit.

This is the email to look for to see if it is legit > ceo/feedback/@/name/cheap/com

Hope this helps anyone else with questions :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
A $10 credit?? Man, I could use a $10 credit for Namecheap haha. Haven't gotten the email yet.. wonder if it's for everyone or just a select few. Of course, they probably don't like me now since I just transferred 2 domains away :wtf:

•••
•••
•••
•••
Got the email a couple of hours ago and deleted straight away (thought it's some sort of spam or promotion). Now I have to dig in my trash folder :)

•••
If anyone wants a link to the survey, feel free to PM me.

The email says:
To ensure confidentiality, we have contracted with an independent third party market research firm, Penn Schoen Berland, to administer the survey and help us keep your responses private and anonymous. If you have any technical difficulties accessing or submitting the survey, have questions about accessibility, or require a visual screen reader to complete this survey, please contact: [email protected].

...and you're asked for your individual NameCheap email/username at the end, so I can't imagine there being any negative repercussions.

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Meh, no email for me.

I guess they already know what I think of their crappy service - buggy interface, errors even with something as basic as registering a name, their marketplace is a joke etc etc

The only reason I use them are $1 promotions - when the renewal time comes I transfer my names elsewhere (mostly Namesilo).

•••
No mail here too, except a problem for what I have 35 USD in hold now after NC denied 3 transactions due to...who knows. Damn.

•••
•••
Just to let everyone know, they are giving out the credits now.

Got mine yesterday, no problem at all.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi, all.
Does namaeheap got an active account here?
Thanks.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back