IT.COM

Help!! With Namecheap account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sheries11

Established Member
Impact
I have already heard the same story here on Namepros before, but i didn't pay attention ( until it happened with me )

I have almost 10 domains + a VPS hosting on Namecheap

5 days ago out of no where i found 2 purchases notifications from my bank that i didn't make using my Namecheap account so i tried to log in into my Namecheap account it didn't let me, and it said the USERNAME does not exist !!!!

I tried to reset the password through my email address, it didn't send me any thing to my email.

I contacted the customer support : they locked my account for safety just in case if it got hacked.

Now it has been 4 days with almost 10 emails from and to their Risk managment department.
with a lot questions and investigations, and they don't seem cooperating at all.

After all these emails they are asking me to email them from a new email !!!! just in case if my email is compromised!!!
As if all these 10 emails and investigations were nothing !!

What the hell are they doing !!!!

My 13 years old domains are just getting vanished !!!

and in few days my VPS will get expired and server / websites will be turned off while they are playing non professionally!!

Help please !!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, that's very surprising.
I've been a member with them for a long time and never had any issues.

Wish you luck! I'm just posting to check back in to see what happens after it's all "sorted out".

•••
Wow, that's very surprising.
I've been a member with them for a long time and never had any issues.

Wish you luck! I'm just posting to check back in to see what happens after it's all "sorted out".

I have been using them in peace for almost 3 years .. and suddenly shit is coming up.

Does they have an official account here ?

•••
@tamar

Any way you can take a look at this?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
How do you think we can help? NC can help.

If your account gets compromised for any reason it gets locked and you have to follow the steps risk management asks of you. You can’t blame them for taking security seriously.

NameCheap isn’t stealing anything from you. But if there are unauthorized charges someone else did. Are you sure those aren’t auto renewal charges?

•••
NameCheap is stealing my domains...that's quite an accusation

No, they aren't stealing from you. Sounds like a security concern. Continue to cooperate, and have some patience. You're in safe hands

Last edited:
•••
How do you think we can help? NC can help.

If your account gets compromised for any reason it gets locked and you have to follow the steps risk management asks of you. You can’t blame them for taking security seriously.

NameCheap isn’t stealing anything from you. But if there are unauthorized charges someone else did. Are you sure those aren’t auto renewal charges?

Until this moment i have no idea if its compromised or not. the charges are not auto renewals.

I simply can't log in and i don't know why!
and why would it say my username does not exist!!

4 days of silly emails i'm getting from them and no serious action is done yet. for something that is very serious to me. its my whole business.

•••
I'm not sure if this case is common among ( large companies ).

This has never ever happened to me using any hosting company or domain registrars in my whole life!!

•••
Until this moment i have no idea if its compromised or not. the charges are not auto renewals.

4 days of silly emails i'm getting from them and no serious action is done yet. for something that is very serious to me. its my whole business.
I respect you're anxious and upset, but you really should calm down. They will offer an explanation, your domains are safe. I'm sure they'll make up for the inconvenience. In my experience, they're a fair company...relax

Last edited:
•••
I respect you're anxious and upset, but you really should calm down. They will offer an explanation, your domains are safe. I'm sure they'll make up for the inconvenience. In my experience, they're a fair company...relax

Well, I'm waiting. and for sure i will announce here once/ if the problem is solved.
Thank you,

•••
Well, I'm waiting. and for sure i will announce here once/ if the problem is solved.
Thank you,
Don't do the "stealing of domains" on a public forum, its a bit slanderous. Definitely not stealing, Hope it gets sorted out

•••
Don't do the "stealing of domains" on a public forum, its a bit slanderous. Definitely not stealing, Hope it gets sorted out

Namecheap: contact us from a new different email just in case your email is compromised.

ME: i have just made sure that my Email and PC is secured a 100%.

Namecheap: questions, investigations .. for 4 days.

Me : sure, all what you need.

Namecheap: again, contact us from a new email to start the investigations

Me: what!!! what have we been doing these days !??

Its just simple, i'm secure in my side, let me get into my account. why the nonsense !!

•••
namecheap is not godaddy, end.

•••

I understand but they have a security protocol in place and when you are locked out the first thing they do is freeze your domains and account. Reason being if you were hacked the hacker could move domains out .

Its not silly and it takes about a week. Be glad they are protecting the account instead of writing hysterical and false post titles.

•••
•••
I understand but they have a security protocol in place and when you are locked out the first thing they do is freeze your domains and account. Reason being if you were hacked the hacker could move domains out .

Its not silly and it takes about a week. Be glad they are protecting the account instead of writing hysterical and false post titles.

I'm here looking for help, you are welcomed only if you can help. that is it.

•••
no one here will help you, only namecheap can, just chat with them, they not closing anything down without a reason, the support was always very good and using them for 8 years.

you should just make yourself the question why do they turn your domains down..

Last edited:
•••
Another " X stole my domains" thread.

•••
Like others have already mentioned, NameCheap themselves did not steal your domains. It sounds like your account there was compromised by someone (someone gained access to the account), and perhaps moved the domains to their NameCheap account. There's no way to see what happened without details, like the domains involved.

We (DNProtect) would be happy to look into it for you if you're not getting anywhere with NameCheap themselves. It sounds like like you're already dealing with NameCheap's Risk department, so I would continue to deal with them at this point. If the domains are transferred out to another registrar, let us know.

•••
Like others have already mentioned, NameCheap themselves did not steal your domains. It sounds like your account there was compromised by someone (someone gained access to the account), and perhaps moved the domains to their NameCheap account. There's no way to see what happened without details, like the domains involved.

We (DNProtect) would be happy to look into it for you if you're not getting anywhere with NameCheap themselves. It sounds like like you're already dealing with NameCheap's Risk department, so I would continue to deal with them at this point. If the domains are transferred out to another registrar, let us know.
sure.

•••
Another " X stole my domains" thread.
Yes, we're seeing quite a few stolen domains. Sometimes it's several in one day. Most of them don't ever get public attention.

•••
Now it has been 4 days with almost 10 emails from and to their Risk managment department.
with a lot questions and investigations, and they don't seem cooperating at all.

After all these emails they are asking me to email them from a new email !!!! just in case if my email is compromised!!!
As if all these 10 emails and investigations were nothing !!

What the # are they doing !!!!

NC Help
Section 2. Your account is locked/suspended due to suspected .... read more

•••
I'm sorry you are having a problem. I've had an account with them without any problems either for a long time. I'd suggest you do what NC asks. Best of luck with things!

Last edited:
•••
Shame on these Registrars: Godaddy, Dynadot, Namecheap, etc...
Keep stealing the names from the customers.

•••
namecheap is not godaddy, end.
you're right, its better, if only their auction market was as good.

godaddy has me in the same position as OP right now, but, I am waiting 12-72hrs per response, so far they've asked me to verify the same card twice. I've been trying to unlock my account with them for a week now and have all docs requested on hand, luckily, I don't have any money tied up with them at the moment.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back