IT.COM

HELP - Skenzo redirecting some of my parked domains to malicious URLs & damaging their reputations

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Can folks with some legal knowledge please see the thread at https://www.namepros.com/threads/wa...some-parked-domains-to-malicious-urls.872740/ ? I would really appreciate it.

The short of it is that I just discovered that a number of the domains that I have which are parked with Skenzo are redirecting visitors to malicious websites -- the kind that popup windows that cannot be closed that say things along the lines of "WARNING!! Your computer is infected!! Call this number immediately!!". I'm on a Mac and was using Safari and these sites completely hijacked Safari - giving me no option but to "Force Quit", but upon relaunching Safari the browser was still hijacked! After repeating the cycle of "Force Quit", Reopen, "Force Quit" enough times Safari 'noticed' that there was a problem and asked me if I wanted it to NOT reopen my windows from the previous session, thank god...

In redirecting some of my domains to these malicious sites, Skenzo is damaging my domains' reputations, my livelihood, my ability to sell those domains, as well as my ability to ever successfully develop those domains.

I desperately need guidance as to how I should proceed.

TIA...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check if you are able to opt-out of zero click.

A similar phenomenon happens with Sedo parked domains set to 0 click.

•••
Thanks for the suggestion -- that's very disturbing to hear that Sedo parking was doing anything similar. When this is resolved you can be sure that I will NOT be doing business with Skenzo ever again, whether they have a zero click option or not.

I had emailed Skenzo, furious about this issue, and apparently someone there read my email (although has yet to take the time to reply) because the 5 domains I'd thus far discovered as redirecting to malicious sites are now miraculously no longer doing so, and instead bring up standard harmless parking pages (I'd only had time to check 7 of the domains parked there because I paused to post a warning to other domainers here and a plea for help, so 5 out of 7 checked.. 71% of domains checked that were parked with Skenzo).

•••
I've tested 3 more domains since writing my reply and 1 of them is still redirecting to malicious fake "virus found" sites so they haven't yet gotten to fixing all of my domains yet. Does anyone know of good Mac screencasting software so that I can prove this was happening even after they stop doing it and proclaim they know absolutely nothing about it??

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back