NameSilo

Have you ever met a domainer?

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion started by infosec3, Jul 8, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

?

Have you ever met a domainer?

1. Yes

81 vote(s)
    25.2%
  2. No

91 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. No; not interested in meeting other domainers

36 vote(s)
    11.2%
  4. Not yet, but look forward to meeting other domainers

113 vote(s)
    35.2%
Total: 321 vote(s)
  1. Jv1999

Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

That's a little different, ya? 250k two decades ago was not the same 250k today. Because 20 years ago, you could buy a car for 5k or something like that.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. hawkeye

hawkeye Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

You could huh? Was it one that worked?

3. J Sokol

J Sokol Established Member

As I'm still a fairly new domainer, I've only told maybe 10 people what I do. Usually I'm met with a blank stare ... most people have no idea what a web domain is. But ... one lady has a family friend who's been supporting his family as a domainer for quite a few years now. That was heartening news to hear after reading about so many folks who struggle.

4. Jv1999

lol im sry. i wasn't born so much yet at that time, but i thought that back then burgers used to cost $1 and cars were dirt cheap at $5k to $10k or something.

and weren't CDs $5?

5. john_karr

john_karr Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Still no.

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent VIP

Fortunately after NamesCon I can change my vote. I have now met many domainers in real life - and what interesting and nice folks they are!!

7. cabotower

cabotower Established Member

DOMAINERS:
    -
    .1% Trolls
    98.9% serfs
    1% Lords

8. Keukatodd

Keukatodd Upgraded Member Gold Account

There are actually people outside of this room I have been living in 24/7 since throwing my hat into the ring of domaining two years ago?? I have just been holed up repeatedly; registering/buying names , listing for sale on EVERY marketplace known to man , checking Namebio , checking Estibot , changing nameservers , watching DomainSherpa , changing nameservers again , pricing names for sale , renewing names , deleting expired names from marketplaces , sending outbound , replying to inbound , switching prices on names from old prices , reading about breaking news that might reveal a new business/idea that has yet to be registered , following Trump on Twitter in hopes of a Cofeve sequel name , changing nameservers once more , and oh ya eventually allowing myself to finally fall asleep every morning at 3:30 A.M NOT BECAUSE I WANT TO BUT I SUPPOSE I SHOULD (Even though MUCH MORE of the multiple activities I just listed , could be done if I were to stay up JUST A WEEEE BIT LONGER but NO , I gotta be a loser and sleep......)

Man! Guess I should finally go get something to eat now and maybe use the bathroom since it has after all been 2 years..........

9. Jv1999

u 4got dat mad rush that's not good for ur heart when u reggae during drop time and hope u r fast enough to checkout than the bots ppl programmed last night ^_^.

iz like videogame LEL

10. AbdulBasit.com

AbdulBasit.com DomainsWeb.com AbdulBasit.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I had the chance to meet with several domainers in Islamabad, Pakistan. I would love to meet many more in future.

11. TestCase

TestCase Note: Doesn't play well with others. VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Domainers are like unicorns, we don't exist in real life. We only exist on the internet and in the fantasy realm of dreams and domain conventions.™ © ®

(If I have met one, I didn't know it.)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  12. Fancy.domains

Fancy.domains Selling gTLDs like delicious hotcakes Gold Account VIP

Just a few ones, but they were all nice!

13. lock

lock Traffic.tools VIP

My friends knocking about in our 20s all got into domaining same time so we influenced each other living together etc leasing servers, building traffic etc. We were mainly buying names back then but the addiction was there. We still traded amoungst ourselves. Now in late 40's have never found other person offline into domaining. Always wanted to go to Vegas conventions but live in Australia.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!