Domain Empire

Have I made a huge mistake in using Escrow.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pete XRAY

Impact
Can Escrow.com still be trusted?

I am in the process of selling a relatively high-value domain name and am using Escrow.com. A few years ago I used them without incident, and know they used to be very good, but for the latest transaction they are refusing to answer any emails from myself or from the buyer. There is total silence. It feels like we are dealing with a very amateurish business. I am concerned they may be in trouble.

We are both outside of the US so haven't called them yet, but reading some recent comments leads me to wonder if it is a mistake to use Escrow.com. The buyer has already wired them the money so we're waiting for an update.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are trustworthy. How long have you waited?

•••
Use Payoneer Escrow ,@Brandon Abbey is with them and also a member on this forum :) ,if you need email address ,pm me I will send it to you :)

Last edited:
•••
Can Escrow.com still be trusted?

I am in the process of selling a relatively high-value domain name and am using Escrow.com. A few years ago I used them without incident, and know they used to be very good, but for the latest transaction they are refusing to answer any emails from myself or from the buyer. There is total silence. It feels like we are dealing with a very amateurish business. I am concerned they may be in trouble.

We are both outside of the US so haven't called them yet, but reading some recent comments leads me to wonder if it is a mistake to use Escrow.com. The buyer has already wired them the money so we're waiting for an update.

@Jackson Elsegood: Can you please help?

•••
I have the impression that their mail is often spamtrapped.
Last time I checked at least one server did not have a proper PTR and I'm not sure their mails are DKIM-signed.

•••
I have the impression that their mail is often spamtrapped.
Last time I checked at least one server did not have a proper PTR and I'm not sure their mails are DKIM-signed.

When you fill out the form on their website you won't be spam trapped.
Escrow.com is still fine, Flippa Escrow is not a good idea {Google Flippa Escrow Assembly Payments for full scoop) , but best choice is Payoneer. (Google Flippa Escrow Assembly Payments for full scoop)

•••
Hello,

I asked this same question on NamePros a few months ago.

The answer is: Escrow.com is taking long and longer to respond to all emails and messages, which was not the case a few years ago. They used to respond immediately to all requests, now they take a few days.

They are not a scam, but if you want a fast service, do NOT use them anymore.

•••
Hello,...The answer is: Escrow.com is taking long and longer to respond to all emails and messages, which was not the case a few years ago. They used to respond immediately to all requests, now they take a few days.

After a month they have not replied to myself or the buyer. The questions were submitted via their online form.

It may simply be that they have dropped the ball on customer service for whatever reason, and now those of us who have used them in the past have unrealistic expectations about support being available. I ended up having to search their website to get the info the buyer wanted. It would have taken a support person all of a couple of seconds to get and email back to the buyer.

•••
Last couple of times I was on their website (1 week ago) their support pinged me using chat and solved my questions immediately

•••
Last couple of times I was on their website (1 week ago) their support pinged me using chat and solved my questions immediately
I don't even see a chat option to discuss the transaction. The only access to chat was when I was verifying my identity.

•••
They are trustworthy. How long have you waited?
Myself and the buyer have been waiting a month. I think the issue is more likely some problem with their email when submitted via their webpage. I'll give them a call during support hours.

•••
Myself and the buyer have been waiting a month. I think the issue is more likely some problem with their email when submitted via their webpage. I'll give them a call during support hours.

Calling Escrow.com is far superior. Great voice support.

•••
Calling Escrow.com is far superior. Great voice support.
Yeah, that is what I discovered. Myself and the buyer are outside of a US timezone, but I managed to get someone early in the morning (my time) on the phone who proved to be extremely helpful. I dont know what happened to our questions that were submitted online. Maybe they are still floating around in the electronic ether somewhere.

In my case I was dealing with a corporate buyer and identity verification was very important so Escrow.com is a good choice for us.

•••
@Pete XRAY Thanks you beat me to writing the thread concluding post.
Also if you've got a copy of those emails I'll take a look and see why they didn't reach support.

Cheers,
Jackson Elsegood

•••
Also if you've got a copy of those emails I'll take a look and see why they didn't reach support.
No copy since all those queries were entered via the online form.

•••
Just bumping this to share my recent experience with Escrow.com.

I have certainly had my problems with them over the years - including a large payment that went missing in their system for weeks. But I have to say recently all my transactions there have been smooth.

Their newish chat function is really good. The times I have used it, they have replied within seconds. So I do feel they have improved.

•••
I emailed escrow.com twice this week from the Gmail acct that is my escrow.com id and got good replies in a reasonable time. I used the online chat a few months ago and that was good too. These were all concerning issues with the buyer rather than any issue with escrow.com.

Placing inquiries via my escrow acct email address has been the best way for me.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back