Dynadot

Has anyone else's EPC plummeted?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@AEProgram
people say that uBlock is not a problem? lol.. who can possibly say that?

Adblockers have been a problem to parking for a very long time and it only gets worse. However, I blame the ad providers for that, they should have been careful to provide quality advertisement and not all that crap that harass visitors. People wouldn't be so quick to install random addons choosing the lesser of the two evils.

•••
Please forgive the perhaps naive quiestion here, but how do you think Yahoo promoted better ad revenue, compared to Google?
Hi

you would have had to been there, when yahoo was the top search engine
also ppc was relatively new and profiteers were squeezing juice from all the trees,
economy was much different, as well as political mindsets

google, was up and coming at that time.

imo....

•••
I agree with @biggie Plus the clicks in high 3 - and low 4 figures each were much more common, now you can be happy if you have some in middle to high XX range. The same domains which made thousands each in a month at that time, would now get low XX revenue per month only.

•••
20% revenue came from above maximizer

Thanks for that. I always wondered the % others get from Above's Max.
Mine is at around 10%

•••
Parking is dead for me at bodis. Visits lowered and clicks absolutely plummeted.

From about 20% ctr to 5%. RPC greatly reduced for some domains. Something is happening at bodis cause it's performing horribly. I will have to switch to above.

•••
but when others here are bemoaning their pennies per click, do you really think that helps them to know about your success? :xf.confused:
HI

i'd say, yes it does.
why?

because if their name was parked with ppc ads and they still got an offer or made a sale from it...
then that validates fact that ppc pages can deliver inquires/sales as well as earnings from ads while waiting.

also note that:
everyone isn't bemoaning, because everyone doesn't have the same domain names.

imo...

•••
HI

i'd say, yes it does.
why?

because if their name was parked with ppc ads and they still got an offer or made a sale from it...

That name earned 40 bucks on Bodis over 10 months. It was parked indeed, with Dan Landers. But the sale came from GoDaddy because it was a floor price sale after negotiation. Asking price was 4995.

Last edited:
•••
We have the same problem. The question is, is it a global parking problem or just a problem of Bodis ? Is there anyone who parks elsewhere than on the bodis ( Parkingcrew, sedo etc... ) ?
blank landers for millions of people don't help. This has been discussed already on here. To understand what I just said, download ublock origin and visit any of your domains.

•••
blank landers for millions of people don't help. This has been discussed already on here. To understand what I just said, download ublock origin and visit any of your domains.
this is the problem of CTR ours CTR not decreasing but increasing, we have a problem with EPC with the price per click.

Last edited:
•••
@phaethon ,
I just had a look at May this year with May last year at Bodis and... 60% down.

Normally, during the period after christmas, new year, etc. , I take a ~20% permanent hit every year (talking globally now, not just Bodis). This year however that same hit was at around 40%-50% (based on the revenue I'm seeing at Above).
Not that I expect big money from Bodis,but that's ridiculous. I only left 30 names on Bodis that used to make decent profit and test some new names before moving them to sale only Landers. But still, this is comedy, not domain parking.

Last edited:
•••
the last 4 days is falls greater (RPM and EPC.

•••
Hello @Lord Antares,

If you're experiencing an EPC decline across more than one vertical, there may be several contributing factors impacting revenues which are outside of our control, such as economic downturn, seasonal budget adjustments, coupled with summer and public holidays (July 4th), etc.

Rest assured however, we haven't made any internal changes to our revenue structure recently, but we will continue to monitor this situation closely.

Thank you.
Hi troy,
Why drop so much and does not seem to stop?
So sorry to see this.

Attachments

• bd1.png
    bd1.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 117
•••
I can't send any pic here but I currently make a little bit over 2k a month
I reach the 2k mark for the first time last month
But in the previous months, mainly since the beginning of the year, I was always very close to that 'mark'
I have around 40/45 domains

I even commented with psalm91 and shared a print or two with me
He helped me a lot, even if often indirectly
And I already told him directly what I'm going to say next, but I want to say here publicly that he is an inspiration to me

•••
EPC 0.14 last year 0.25 RPM 36$ last year 52$. Use only bodis but will probably be a decrease in parkingcrew too. Does anyone park here with parkingcrew ?
I have exactly the same EPC decrease on Bodis.

No benefit switching to PC, Sedo or SmartName.
Some small differences on Parklogic or Above but nothing relevant.

Last edited:
•••
Does anyone still use the maximizer from @Above ? with a combination with bodis ? can you compare the results ?
me but i can't compare the results.

For my best domains i keep MAX off because i've fear they could be faillisted due to low quality zeroclick pages.
For other domains, sometimes it seems that MAX eat all the traffic and Bodis make less rev while sometimes is the opposite.

Btw MAX usually is good for big traffic quantity. If you have a domain getting big clicks and the traffic is little, very probably Bodis is better.

I'm totally not a fan of everything owned by GD but at the moment, Smartname is my 2nd best performer.
Parking Crew is continuing to lose preferences for me. Happy they put some new improvement on their platform but for the user it's always worse as there are always less way to optimize a domain and revenues are more or less the same like bodis (less than more).

•••
update: epc and rpm are still falling, the number of clicks and traffic is the same or more.

•••
Me too.

Pretty much impossible to get high epc clicks. Insurance, lawyer and medical clicks from the US are all below $1.

I want to keep investing thousands of dollars into domains for parking but the parking system doesn't make me optimistic.

Also, I want to point out that my names still get irrelevant ads all the time and inputting search terms does nothing.
Hopefully, something good can replace domain parking soon.

•••
Tests, that's what I was thinking. But if they are tests, all of them are failing miserably.

Hopefully, it's just short term. Is it worth using above.com to optimize better? It seems to me like they too would need to waste a lot of time/money testing.

•••
I was going to b*tch and moan a couple days ago, then today I've earned $6.39 on just two names.

My earnings are generally minuscule, but I'm hoping this is more than a fluke!

I've had higher single clicks before, but that was a couple years back or more.

I've been using Bodis this past one year, looking forward to year 2!

August was pretty disappointing btw.

Last edited:
•••
I recommend using above. I personally just had my second highest month in revenues. I’m currently split between PC, Bodis, and Maximizer.

•••
Bodis similar EPC problem, I have about 5000 domains there. bodis was the best so far, but I will have to try above and alternate bodis, parkingcrew. April EPC 0,36 now 0,28. It can also be in the summer.
Overall, the EPC with Bodis appear to be lower since the Dan integration dissolved. However, i was pleasantly suprised with a 48 cents EPC yesterday. So perhaps there is hope.

•••
Same here (with Bodis)
That's why I don't stick to one parking service; ParkingCrew and Sedo, for example, perform better now compared to how they did a few months ago.

Note however that, all parking services constantly try to find better earnings for the traffic you send them. Some of those low earnings could be the results from those 'tests'.
In a message from Bodis, they did indicate that if low earnings are of concern, you could check to see if irrelevant ads appear are displaying for a long period of time. At that point, you can override the Related Search terms with others that would likely be more relevant.
So one question is whether it is more effective to manually be doing the changes in the Related Search Terms? Or which parking service does this automatically and effectively?

•••
Most of the time the algorithm knows what converts best for that specific moment, for that specific visitor, for that specific country etc. Hard-coding (or suggesting) a certain set of keyword terms might lead to losing a good conversion just because the wrong keywords -your keywords- appeared on the lander.
So Parking Ad companies have algorithms that are that real-time specific, to even present information based on the country and user? Do you know which parking company uses the most sophisticated and effective methods? Maybe they should hire you?!

•••
@LoveCatchyDomains ,
editing keywords can be a double-edged sword.

It's not easy to see what ads are being shown to the visitors that land on the parking page since what they see it's not necessarily what you will see by visiting the same page.
Very good point.
One curious aspect i've noted:
On one's account page in Bodis, one can click on the link to see the lander. My underdanding is that one is not allowed to otherwise click on the links within the lander. Doing so would at least provide at least one instance of seeing actually shows up.
Is there a way on Bodis or in the other ad providers, where you can click on those links within the account page, and not have it counted and cause trouble with the ppc count?
Granted, that still may not show what different pages are shown for different regions and different users, but it would be a nice start.

•••
It's not easy to see what ads are being shown to the visitors that land on the parking page since what they see it's not necessarily what you will see by visiting the same page.

This is huge. I have always wondered about this particular issue.

In my case, I just leave it to the algorithm.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back