Hand Registration Contest February 2019 DOT COM only

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
I have an idea! Who wants to have a contest and see who can make the best hand registration during the month of February? You have to create it during the month of February. As long as it says created 2/2019 it could have been a name born before that died and lost its age. Let me be clear, for my February contest the name has to be a new hand reg.
Any sponsors in the house? @namesilo @Epik.com @toughdomains @NameJetGM @name.com

Here are the rules of this DOT COM HAND REG FEBRUARY 2019 contest:
1. Hand registration during the month of February 2019
2. You may submit up to 3 domain names.
3. Each name must have its OWN reply, so if you want to submit 3 names, submit three replies
4. I am excluding myself from entering the contest since I am the judge!
5. I will narrow down to 3 names, and pick the winner.

What do you win?
Number one, props and clout here at Namepros.
I will personally pay up to $10 to add an extra year on the domain. That means dot com only for this contest.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
whois-logic.png

•••
•••
•••
people may vote for domain A and the initiator may decide on domain B. So that is why it should be on one mind. hence the initiator have decided to chose the domain by himself; I don't think there is any need of having another thread for polling

•••
•••
•••
I'm sure @Want2learn and I can coordinate to make sure the thread titles are different enough.
I don't think the other thread is ideal because the poll can vote for a different domain name as the winner; when that happens, what will you do to that.
But when two of you coordinates the thread it could be okay if you can work together.

•••
I don't think the other thread is ideal because the poll can vote for a different domain name as the winner; when that happens, what will you do to that.
But when two of you coordinates the thread it could be okay if you can work together.
I'm not sure I understand... If I start a separate thread and create the poll on there, then the winner of that poll is the winner. Shouldn't be too confusing.

•••
The idea was started by @Want2learn and he prefers for Feb at least to keep as announced and I totally respect and agree with that. Rather than rush to create a separate thread and rules @Joe Nichols , which I think would cause confusion, why not simply make plans for some future month for the community vote competition.

Community voting without established criteria are not necessarily better. So if do go that way, I think someone needs to draft criteria.

Also I think easily there could be too many entries for an easy vote. So a first step of 'experts' narrowing to 12 or so that everyone votes on may be necessary.

JMHO

Bob

Last edited:
•••
The idea was started by @Want2learn and he prefers for Feb at least to keep as announced and I totally respect and agree with that. Rather than rush to create a separate thread and rules @Joe Nichols , which I think would cause confusion, why not simply make plans for some future month for the community vote competition.

Community voting without established criteria are not necessarily better. So if do go that way, I think someone needs to draft criteria.

Also I think easily there could be too many entries for an easy vote. So a first step of 'experts' narrowing to 12 or so that everyone votes on may be necessary.

JMHO

Bob
You echoed my sentiments perfectly, Bob.

I'm planning to draft a thread post with some proposed criteria to be discussed. Based on the discussion, we can narrow down the most popular criteria and set the rules for the contest.

I fully agree with a panel establishing a top ten and doing a community vote at that point. You're reading my mind!

•••
Well, I regged PATRIST.COM today!

Meaning:

Definition of patrist in English:
patrist

NOUN
Christian Church
  • A student of or expert in patristics.
NOUN
Sociology
  • A person whose behaviour or attitude is modelled on or dominated by his or her father.

ADJECTIVE
Sociology
  • Exhibiting a father's influence; characterized by paternal (as opposed to maternal) domination.
I think I regged a dictionary word .com today! Reg fee or a good value, let that be a discussion for another day! :)

•••
•••
nice idea, I think even no award, it still make sense and fun...

I think we may can learn from the WhoQ selection thread, I think the whole process may includ criteria define.annouce~submission~selection ~ vote ~panel decision steps to finalize WhoQ.com...for member not aware what I am talking, pls goto domain request section to find it...

•••
Just my opinion,

Let this be the thread it was intended to be.
Let this be the thread of @Want2learn
As it's his idea, let him do it on his terms for February.

If other members have any better ideas they are welcomed to create a separate thread/contest in March.

Let's not clutter this thread.
Let the ball rolling. Let the contest go on.
Let's not take the fun out of it.

Just watch this experiment for a month.

Let's just see how it goes and leave making the conclusions and creating a better contest for the next month.

•••
•••
•••
nice idea, I think even no award, it still make sense and fun...

I think we may can learn from the WhoQ selection thread, I think the whole process may includ criteria define.annouce~submission~selection ~ vote ~panel decision steps to finalize WhoQ.com...for member not aware what I am talking, pls goto domain request section to find it...

By the way, I agree entirely with @Zilla here that a prize is not really necessary. It will be a good learning experience with or without a prize. It would be nice if we could get one of the registrars to cover the prize of a year renewal, only if it was transferred to that registrar. Not sure if any responded to the original request tags.

•••
my entry

CBDRatio.com

cbdratio_com.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
Here's a thought. Maybe it's already been implicitly stated (and/or contested) but I'd like to clarify what I perceive as a good way to proceed, based on the previous posts.

All submissions to this thread are judged by @Want2learn at the end of the month (in March, that is).
In the meantime, a panel of experts is established. In March, this panel decides the top-10 list for February and creates a poll.

February ends, @Want2learn declares his winner, and the poll begins.

•••
SAVE_20190205_104353.jpeg
Here's my entry:
GoodGawd.com :)
Regged today

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
RealtimeConversations.com

Similar Sale:
RealtimeCommunications/com was sold for $13,500 in 2015 according to Namebio (https://namebio.com/realtimecommunications.com).

Rationale:
I think RealtimeConversations.com will be worth more than the above sale in the future because of 5G networks:
1. The extremely low latency of 5G networks will open up real time feature of applications, so I think "real time" will be a new hot keyword in the future.
2. Real-time data analytics will be realized thanks to 5G networks, allowing businesses to have real-time, personalized and insightful conversations with customers to have better customer engagement.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back