IT.COM

Greenzap a Scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
By now, many of you have heard of Greenzap.com, the newly proposed alternative to PayPal.

Greenzap promises $25 to new signups and a nice referral bonus as well and I have been promoting them with a banner on my sites and through my blog and elsewhere.

Doing some research, I see there are, as expected, some doubters and naysayers (which is often a good thing)... but this is a bit disturbing, and I thought I'd point to it so all interested could take a look:

http://greenzapscam.com

Any comments?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I read the article well,I don't think giving a $25 promotion to new signups equals a scam,They are competing with paypal,stormpay,ect.It takes money to make money,And trying to get clients away from thier competetors takes a little back scracthing IMO.One person in the article speaks of a $100 gift from them for signing up.I don't see that happening,I may research this one just see if there is any relevant talk in that article.Concerning privacy matters,Well most of all the people who tell you we never share your information is hog wash,There is way to much money in it,And they know that no one can ever prove they shared your information any way,People don't snitch on the hand that feeds them.

Last edited:
•••
Apparently, looking further, I see there's a forum dedicated to Greenzap that goes a bit further in explaining things (www.zaptoday.com/community/) but it does appear this Damon Westmoreland might be directly involved which I don't take as a good sign at all...

What initially convinced me to sign up was the press releases by the major media.. figured they'd at least done some homework! Maybe I was wrong... hm...

•••
dgridley said:
Apparently, looking further, I see there's a forum dedicated to Greenzap that goes a bit further in explaining things (www.zaptoday.com/community/) but it does appear this Damon Westmoreland might be directly involved which I don't take as a good sign at all...

What initially convinced me to sign up was the press releases by the major media.. figured they'd at least done some homework! Maybe I was wrong... hm...

Thanks for the forum url dgridley,Iam trying to find what finacial instatutions they have relationships with ect.Hmm,The more i read,The more interesting this gets,I see alot of disputes in thier forum,Very interesting.

Last edited:
•••
keep us update on the developments...dave

•••
I could be wrong, but IMO it has scam written all over it. If it were a legitemate, then they would be doing everything they can to allay fears over privacy issues and the obvious involvement of a known scammer. Instead, they take the route of putting down their critics as naysayers, to be driven from their ranks and tuned out for being "nonbelievers". This is precisely the same rhetoric you hear from those involved in pyramid and ponzi schemes, for the simple reason that such reasoning works like magic on the feeble-minded.

•••
well who knows. Just remember even though it was only 5 dollars paypal did the same thing when they started. you refered someone you got 5 bucks in your account

•••
hmmm, lets see now.... so if I add $100.00 to my account I'll get $20.00 for every account I sign that adds $100.00 to their account, and $5.00 for everyone they sign that adds $100.00....wow at that rate I could be drowning in cash in.....hey, wait a second....this sounds kinda familiar... sorta like we are building something, but what...? People just starting put money in so the people above them get .... yea building something big... what did the Pharaohs call those burying places? :-/

•••
hahahahahah could we be building a pyramid...lol

•••
They can't afford millions to give away just for free. How are they gonna survive? They are / will be scams IMO

•••
I don't think we can assume that because Greenzap is offering a signup bonus they're a scam as many outfits have done and continue to do the same.. what concerns me is the potential involvement of this particular individual...

Obviously there's no definitive way of absolutely knowing it's a scam.. at worst, it's a scheme to get emails at this point.. and I've not received one bit of junk mail I can attribute to Greenzap.

The best thing to do is make your own decision based on the info provided..

redhippo said:
keep us update on the developments...dave

•••
You are right Dave. And like I was saying earlier . PayPal did a $5 sign up when they were getting started and they must have dished out some cash in the process

•••
I've been wondering what they meant by saying referrals are worth $5 to $30.. until I got an email today detailing my "downline"... some of the people I've referred have also referred as many as 5 people each.. my thought is you also get $5 for each person they refer, up to 6 people (6 x $5 = $30)... it would certainly be nice if it pans out for all who've joined!

slipondajimmy said:
You are right Dave. And like I was saying earlier . PayPal did a $5 sign up when they were getting started and they must have dished out some cash in the process

•••
The scam site loads weird in IE :(

•••
dgridley said:
I've been wondering what they meant by saying referrals are worth $5 to $30.. until I got an email today detailing my "downline"... some of the people I've referred have also referred as many as 5 people each.. my thought is you also get $5 for each person they refer, up to 6 people (6 x $5 = $30)... it would certainly be nice if it pans out for all who've joined!

I would think they are talking a tier form of dowline being 1-6,Do you earn on referers aswell?

•••
Hmmm .... I'd have to agree with the "naysayers" in this case. Too many "Bad" articles out there already - and The amounts offered for referrals are a bit too steep.
If it sounds too good to be true .... It more than likely is !

•••
First, the float alone will provide funds for GreenZap. If you get a Gold Account you transfer $100 into your account. Also when you make a transaction they charge $1. They also have corporate sponsers.

•••
I'm not too good on these things.. my understanding is: you get $5 for each person you refer who signs up, then an additional $5 per person who signs up under each of those up to 6 deep.. I could be wrong tho.

Apparently they send out an email each Monday showing your downline...

I DO think however, each person will be required to actually signup for the service in June before you'll get paid.. this is just a PRE-registration. Maybe you'll get $5 for basic members and $30 for those who go Gold?? Dunno.. but to me, I'm going to take a chance... ;)

Xfactor said:
Do you earn on referers aswell?

•••
Ofcourse there are a lot of articles out there..But how many of them were started by ebay/paypal. They see GZ as a threat and are working overtime to shut them down early. Why attack them until you have proof of misdeeds? I thought this crowd was more openminded and able to look at all sides of things. I guess I was wrong.

Last edited:
•••
The primary reason they are censored in NP is to discourage the spamming of NP with GZ links. Even you, who should have known better having been here for a year, thought to post a GZ referral link. Fortunately you removed the link just in time.

This is the same reason netb*x is also censored in NP.

•••
Hey,
I agree I should have known. I was just excited about an alternative to paypal.

by the way, the guy that owns gzscam is a nuttball. All of his information is speculation and "ifs" and "could be's" The fact that he is posting people's home phone numbers, and personal information, is tells me a lot about his character. He is searching for names of people and using all of his results to attack one person. I could start a website and do the same thing about anyone and make it look like they are the devil.

Wait until the company opens and starts running their business. Then you can learn about their business practices and have "informed" "educated" thoughts about the company.
Don't condem on speculation.

•••
I agree.. but doesn't hurt to have a healthy bit of skepticism re: their referral structure. Sounds like you'll have to at least upgrade to Gold (deposit $100 into your G******p account) before you derive any real "benefits", unless I'm misunderstanding.

Guess we'll have to wait and see, but it makes me suspicious they haven't been more forthcoming on their site with concrete info.

Filtered said:
Don't condem on speculation.

•••
I was very careful when signing up, but who knows it might turn out to be a free $25

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back