Domain Empire

Great tool - for all domainers, IDNers or otherwise

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The original thread was moved but popular opinion asked for it back- so here it is - again!

One of the biggest turnoffs for potential IDNers is how to determine if a name is correct, paricularly asian characters, and what potential it may have.

Research and checking the forums is a part of the process but now an idner has come up with a great tool that will help you on your way with a very informative package.

Check out IDN.bz - just select your language, enter the name you want info on and - voila - a page of most of the relevant info you will require - even a rating system.

This is your chance to start looking at the fascinating world of IDN which is on the threshhold of really taking off.

Here is an example, results for 透镜, lenses in Chinese:

Well done Jose.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cool tool! Thanks for sharing... :)

•••
Great tool. Thanks for sharing! :tu:

•••
great tool. I like it. Thank you for sharing it.

sundari. :)

•••
Thanks Jose -

It's really a good tool for IDNer...

•••
wot said:
The original thread was moved but popular opinion asked for it back- so here it is - again!

One of the biggest turnoffs for potential IDNers is how to determine if a name is correct, paricularly asian characters, and what potential it may have.

Research and checking the forums is a part of the process but now an idner has come up with a great tool that will help you on your way with a very informative package.

Check out IDN.bz - just select your language, enter the name you want info on and - voila - a page of most of the relevant info you will require - even a rating system.

This is your chance to start looking at the fascinating world of IDN which is on the threshhold of really taking off.

Here is an example, results for 透镜, lenses in Chinese:

Well done Jose.

the first line is totally wrong:
"Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) are domain names in languages other than English" is not the right definition at all!
For example:
Maison.com is not english but it isn't an IDN... for sure!

•••
Hello! I am Jose. :)

Thanks for all your comments. It is supposed to be a free tool open to all the IDNers community. All inputs on how to make it better and fine tune it are welcome and will be looked into and addressed, if possible.

davnin: You're right. However, that text was written by a very experienced IDN investor which is a native English speaker. I am sure he didn't realise the glitch.
It is corrected now. Thanks.

•••
I already left +Rep for Wot for sharing, but here is one for you too Jose. :tu:

•••
davnin said:
the first line is totally wrong:
"Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) are domain names in languages other than English" is not the right definition at all!
For example:
Maison.com is not english but it isn't an IDN... for sure!

An internationalized domain name (IDN) is an Internet domain name that contains non-ASCII characters. Such domain names could contain letters with diacritics, as required by many non-English languages, or characters from non-Latin scripts such as Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese or Hindi. However, the standard for domain names does not allow such characters, and much work has gone into finding a way to internationalize domain names into a standard ASCII format, thereby preserving the stability of the domain name system.

:)

Good tool though is it not :?

•••
now my question is, im not into that much into domains just starting out and also im not into idn's you said it will benefit mostly domainers for this tool? in what way?

•••
weblord said:
now my question is, im not into that much into domains just starting out and also im not into idn's you said it will benefit mostly domainers for this tool? in what way?

First and utmost important, it will prevent inexperienced idn domainers from making big mistakes purchasing domains for one thing they are not.

Second it will make idn domain investors life a lot easier, having all those figures/charts and info all on one single page and on a click of a button.

Third, it will (I hope) create a reference figure from which we can compare different idn terms.

•••
still the questions remains unanswered, how will this tool benefit non-idners? to paraphrase it a bit. i believe the op has said already on other thread that idn are not domains anyways, it's a tool.

JAugusto said:
First and utmost important, it will prevent inexperienced idn domainers from making big mistakes purchasing domains for one thing they are not.

Second it will make idn domain investors life a lot easier, having all those figures/charts and info all on one single page and on a click of a button.

Third, it will (I hope) create a reference figure from which we can compare different idn terms.

•••
weblord said:
still the questions remains unanswered, how will this tool benefit non-idners? to paraphrase it a bit. i believe the op has said already on other thread that idn are not domains anyways, it's a tool.

It was said tongue in cheek but if that is what you believe then it is no wonder others people have a problem accepting that IDN's ARE domains - and , incidentally, have a huge future.

Then logically the tool benefits domainers because they can also be IDNers - I am!

•••
Thanks for your comments.

•••
Whoa, a very useful, and a very well-written tool. Thanks a lot!

•••
Awesome tool. A few Suggestions:

1) Add local keyword search data if possible (ie Baidu or Yandex)

2) Have the results page load at the top where the score is, rather than the middle of the page

3) Languages I would like to see added next: Thai, Hindi, Vietnamese, Polish, Romanian, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish

4) Bulk Checks

If any of these are implementable, I think that they would improve the site. It is still a very cool tool.

•••
Thanks a lot for your contribution Sleepys.

1) Yes, I have thought of that before. The issue is that there is Baidu for chinese and Yandex for Russian, but not any other for any other languages, thus it would create a hard problem on how to have an index score that is fair and treats every language as equal.

2) Thanks of pointing it out. Indeed it is a bug. I will check it out.

3) Just like in answer 1) the reason why the tool does not have these languages is because not all Google tools are available for those. For instance, Google does not translates Thai.

4) There is a big problem for making bulk checking available. The developer API access key that I have to check if domains are available has a minimum 1 sec delay between consecutive checks (that's one of the reasons the score takes, at least 2 seconds to appear). If I do bulk checks, while the script is doing bulk checks, no one else can use it.

•••
Discover all the best idn´s with this tool. It´s a must have tool. Manny Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back