Dynadot

Grandfathered Google Apps - Change primary domain, add secondary domains

NameSilo
Watch

Joshm

Established Member
Impact
I had a grandfathered free google apps account with a garbage domain name that I didn't want to renew.
I tried to swap it with a domain that I plan on keeping. Found out Google recently put a stop to changing primary domains on the free version of google apps.

Took me 3 weeks to figure it out. Now is this information worth any money to anyone?

I found 1 site selling the service for $30, and a couple sites that sell grandfathered google apps plans still doing the swap.

I can add secondary domains, swap secondary and primary domains. Put at least 2 secondary domains on a free account.

Would anybody be interested in buying my method?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just to clarify, I would sell this once, to a single person. If I don't get a buyer, I'm going to try to set up a site and do the service for 10 bucks a pop. Hopefully this weekend.

If i figured this out, others will too, and google will eventually catch on. Idk if my method is the same as the other sites use, I assume it is.

If anyone has a free Google Apps account and a domain or three they would like added to it, I'll do a couple in exchange for feedback in this thread. PM me. I will need access to the admin user of the Google Apps account. I won't need access to the domains, I will add them, the account owner can verify them with the registrars.

To start out I'd like a blank Google Apps account, no users, or users that can be deleted. This trick can be done without deleting the user accounts. But their domains need to be changed, maybe a couple times, it's kind of a hassle. And I need the practice/guinea pigs. I have only done this on my single Google Apps account. But I did it many times to that one account, switched primary domains half a dozen times.

•••
I have a free Google Apps that you can use to test your trick.

•••
•••
Josh did it for me! He changed the primary domain and added two secondary domains of my Google Apps account. He did it very quickly. I recommend everyone who wants to swap/add primary/secondary domain to use his service. Thanks Josh!!

•••
Hi. I would like to swap primary domain names. My primary domain name is currently active and am using it as a legacy mail for my now defunct company. I don't want to lose the mails in them either. So is there a way of changing a new primary domain and moving my existing primary to secondary.

•••
Josh is a legend. He not only did it one account of mine but on two. In fact now I have another legacy account with a 50 user limit that he efficiently swapped the domains so I could use the new one for the new biz while i still get to hold the old primary back... Thanks for sharing the knowledge buddy...

•••
Hi,

Could you share the method?

•••
Hi,

Could you share the method?
I'm hoping to sell my method. I could demonstrate it for you if you would like, PM me.

•••
I had a grandfathered free google apps account with a garbage domain name that I didn't want to renew.
I tried to swap it with a domain that I plan on keeping. Found out Google recently put a stop to changing primary domains on the free version of google apps.

Took me 3 weeks to figure it out. Now is this information worth any money to anyone?

I found 1 site selling the service for $30, and a couple sites that sell grandfathered google apps plans still doing the swap.

I can add secondary domains, swap secondary and primary domains. Put at least 2 secondary domains on a free account.

i would like to have the primary domain name swapped for my account. Can you help me out?

•••
If anyone else would like primary and/or secondary domains added to their grandfathered google apps accounts, I'm going to charge $10. Contact me via a private message.
I have too many requests to keep up.
Thanks

•••
Awesome! Thanks Josh!

Did as requested - changed the primary domain on a legacy Google Apps Account so now it is usable again.

Highly recommended should anyone need to change their account.

Feel free to PM for personal recommendation.

•••
Hey Josh, Just PMd you... Interested...

•••
Another shout out to Josh for changing primary domains on another account I had.

Great work - thanks!

•••
I also have 2 short.nets tied to free google apps accounts. I'll sell one tied to a 50 user account for $40, and one tied to a 100 user account for $60. That price includes the option to have your own domains added as primary and/or secondary domains. PM me if interested.

•••
Josh just changed my primary domain on free google apps and added 2 secondary domains. Everything done within a few hours. It was absolutely great to receive his service for such a reasonable price.

Highly recommend anyone else watching this thread to message him!

Last edited:
•••
Wow, he just did it for me as well! It only took about 15 minutes! Highly recommended!

•••
I spent two days trying to figure this out myself before I gave up. Josh took care of it within a half hour - one primary swap and one secondary domain done!

•••
Hello, I am very interested as well, how can I reach you?

•••
As advertised, Josh did two accounts for me in a short time and it was well worth the $20. Thanks Josh.

•••
I've got a 4 character .com, 1 number + 3 letters, that comes with a 50 user GAPPS account. The domain expires in a month.
For sale for $50
I will also add your own domains to the account. Message me if you're interested.

Last edited:
•••
Can someone help me change my primary domain name on a gfather domain and add secondary domain names. I have been trying to figure out how to do it but in vain. This is for a personal project. Will would be really grateful if some one could tell the technique.

•••
Joshm did mine very smoothly and v v quickly.. Thanks a ton..

I highly recommend him if u want to change ur domain as primary.

•••
I know the method (actually I found 2 different methods) and have been offering the service on another forum since Google announced the policy around March 15. I can add 3 secondary domains to an empty account with no existing secondary domains. Existing accounts with secondary domains are also workable. I can also change the primary domain. PM me for details. Proven feedback from satisfied customers since March 15.

•••
Hi Josh, I would like to change a primary domain on a legacy app account I have. Can you help? PM with details of how your service works.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back